Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I dunno, those waterbearers are awful dope.
    damn, you right tho. why not both? I mean Aquaman characters from Orm to Atlanna to Manta to Arthur each have unique tridents, so maybe Kaldur gets a custom waterbearer trident.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I had an idea for a Legion of Super Heroes storyline that kind of combined Paul Levitz's Legion with Keith Giffen's 5-Year Gap. Here's a nuts and bolts outline:

During the Great Darkness Saga, Darkseid had stolen the powers of all the major villains, leaving them powerless. As a result, the Legion disbands, realizing that the Science Police could handle things now. Brainiac 5, Dream Girl, Star Boy, and Supergirl are on Naltor while Brainy tries to save Superboy, who was severely injured during the battle with Darkseid. Brainy also develops a clone of Drake Burrogh's body for Wildfire to use as a containment suit. He can now function as a human and goes off to find Dawnstar, who has returned to Starhaven to marry another man chosen by her parents.

The Dominators have taken over Earth and are using Sun Boy and Shvaughn Erin as 'the perfect couple' to influence Earthlings to embrace their plans for Earth. The couple are actually pretending to support the aliens and are working with former heroes still living on Earth - Chameleon Boy, Colossal Boy, Element Lad, and others. Element Lad is struggling with his insecurities with Dirk and Shvaughn being together. Meanwhile, the Dominators manage to capture all the members of the Espionage Squad.

On Orando, White Witch and Blok notice distance between Karate Kid and Projectra. Yera, the Durlan actress, has actually replaced Projectra with KK's knowledge. Meanwhile Projectra has impenetrated Earthgov and is helping Sun Boy by creating all kinds of illusions that the Dominators are unaware of.

Duo Damsel is struggling. One of her selves is very much in love with Bouncing Boy. However, her other self has never gotten over Superboy. She is also on Naltor to be by his side. The separation has broken BB's heart and the two selves being separated has caused some health issues for DD. They must make a permanent decision of who to be with.

With Darkseid's disappearance, the villains all begin to get their powers back. On Winath, Lightning Lord attacks Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl, Cosmic, Boy, Night Girl, Light Lass, and Timberwolf. Other villains begin to attack other planets as well. Mon El, and Shadow Lass return to Earth with news of all the villains they have encountered and defeated.

The Espionage Squad manages to escape as the Legion slowly comes back together. With a cured and healthy Superboy, the Legion defeat the Dominators, who have planted bombs all over the Earth. Their plan all along was to destroy Earth and all humans.

Once the Legion dismantles all the bombs, they realize it's time for the ultimate battle as Mordru has returned with all of his powers renewed. And he's not happy.

There's more, but that's some of the major points.
    Damn. Couldn't get off the first page before I found something I'm dying to read.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Penguin can easily fit in with the Nazi party, dudes just an ugly member of the Nobility who is at so many parties he's practically a penguin he's in his tuxedo so often.
    Oh yeah, he'd definitely work as a Nazi who's just in the party for greed and social status. Not a major enemy, but he's in there (I'm assuming you're responding to my Jewish Batman idea). Especially during the pre-war half of the story he'd make a great thorn in Batman's side. Combine this with the Two Face idea someone had earlier and you got something interesting to keep Batman on his toes both in and out of costume.

Continuing on with the idea...

Clayface would make a great minor appearance in the story and a great battle sequence for Batman and Robin (possibly Nightwing by this point) as a mixed success super-soldier experiment. Batman has become such a thorn in the Nazi's/SS's side they stationed him at a concentration camp they knew Batman was likely to hit.

Villains I haven't mentioned yet and have no clues for but would like to include even in just one or two panels - Deadshot, Firefly, Hugo Strange (and his Monster Men!), Hush, Man-Bat, Poison Ivy, Riddler, Scarecrow, Solomon Grundy, and Vandal Savage. Actually make Strange a lead Nazi scientist and Solomon Grundy and Man-Bat two of his experiments and you got a great recurring villain during the war portion of the story.

One idea I had is including some version of the Outsiders in a later portion of this. I don't yet have all the ideas for all the characters thought out, but Metamorpho could be someone Batman breaks out of either a camp or secret base or lab that the Nazis were experimenting on. I'd have it be so that what remains of the Metamorpho experiment research materials after the raid results in the later origin of Clayface.

Another idea I had was further developing the inclusion of Superman in the story. During the short, one off team up chapter between the two, I'd have them go up against a Nazi Bizarro. Kinda give him Earth X's Overman costume along with the traditional Bizarro chalky messed up appearance. Definitely have Superman do the heavy lifting of the fighting, but give Batman something to do too, like when he blinded Bizarro in that Trinity story. Since Clark is still at leaping over tall buildings in a single bound power level and can't fly or use heat vision yet (think Superboy in the Young Justice cartoon) and Bizarro can do both those things, have Superman leave wondering if he can fly too.

Oh, and no Batman vs Superman, they don't get along nonsense. I want them to get along pretty well. Fast comrades if not outright friends.

No real ideas on any of the other greater DCU characters I'd want to include just yet, other than maybe Wonder Woman. I mean I don't want to clutter up the story to much, but I'd like something big and long that can really dig into that world.

What if Lois Lane was Earth's Green Lantern instead of Hal Jordan?

Amazon's Light - Abin Sur crash lands on Themyscira and Diana becomes the new GL for Sector 2814.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    What if Lois Lane was Earth's Green Lantern instead of Hal Jordan?
    On the one hand I love Lois and would love more Elseworlds. On the other, I'd prefer something more mystery focused for the world's greatest investigative reporter than cosmic space opera. The Question, Huntress, other street levelers, or maybe something a bit more occult like the Spectre could be good. Just focus on a mystery for her to investigate.

What if Luther kept cloning himself with heroes?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    On the one hand I love Lois and would love more Elseworlds. On the other, I'd prefer something more mystery focused for the world's greatest investigative reporter than cosmic space opera. The Question, Huntress, other street levelers, or maybe something a bit more occult like the Spectre could be good. Just focus on a mystery for her to investigate.
    Lois Lane as The Question would be fun to see: investigating her father/the military, using Superman's fortress/alien tech to the figure out the paranormal, reporting on Suicide Squad

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    What if Luther kept cloning himself with heroes?
    This could be a Dark Universe idea like with Batman and Metal: The League of Luthors

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    Here’s a pitch I’ve had for some time now:

BATMAN: DARKSEID’S KNIGHT

Premise:

After Bruce Wayne’s parents are murdered, he is taken to Apokolips where, after years of hellish training, he dons a high tech suit of armor with bat-like wings to become the War Bat of Apokolips in the service of Darkseid.

On his first mission on Earth, the War Bat causes a criminal called the Red Hood to fall into a vat of chemicals. The disfigured Red Hood is taken to Apokolips where because of a certain playing card he had in his person, he is renamed “Joker” and becomes Desaad’s assistant.

Reposted to see if anyone’s interested.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    Reposted to see if anyone’s interested.
    I think it's a cool pitch, though I wonder what the character arc is for Bruce. No doubt the concept itself is a great use of Batman's dark elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I think it's a cool pitch, though I wonder what the character arc is for Bruce. No doubt the concept itself is a great use of Batman's dark elements.
    Don’t forget the Joker as Desaad’s assistant.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

The Tigress and the Cheshire Cat

Artemis Crock searches for her missing sister Jade who was kidnapped when they were younger. Her search puts her in the path of the mysterious assassin Cheshire. A seven issue miniseries. The first three take place from Artemis's perspective, the second three from Jade's.

The Surface

What if Garth had been raised on the surface world and Kaldur in Atlantis.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'd like to see a book set on Earth 3 featuring the Crime Syndicate along with their allies and adversaries. There seems to be a lot of potential here for a hit series.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Ultimate Member

Man of Tomorrow/Man of Steel

An alien world is going ker-blooey, and one of the aliens prepares a capsule with a bio-printer and a fabrication engine, downloads his world's history and science to a quantum computer in the pod and sends it off so that his race will live on, in spirit. The capsule lands in Kansas (not on a wicked witch, fortunately) and scans the humans that find the pod, and then bio-prints an infant of their species, more or less, and begins the decades-long process of downloading the history and scientific lore of the destroyed homeworld to this 99% human 'spiritual successor' to the now-extinct race. The child has no real 'powers', but is in perfect health and has a brain like no other, with skills and scientific lore centuries ahead of humanity. As he gets older, he fabricates a set of 'utility armor' using his alien technology (which only responds to his unique brainwaves, and modifying it to fit a humanoid body, since the 'Kryptonians' were not even a little bit humanoid) that gives him incredible abilities.

Ruthless CEO / defense contractor Lex Luthor constantly tries to reverse-analyze / steal / have the government confiscate the Man of Tomorrow's alien armor, or the fabrication engine that would allow him to make more of them, even going so far as to alter his own brainwaves to 'hack' the alien tech and make it work for him, driving himself (even more) crazy in the process!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    This could be a Dark Universe idea like with Batman and Metal: The League of Luthors
    What would the Multiversal counterpart be?