Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Wonder Woman: Paradise Now!

What if Diana arrived in our world during the Kamandi future

Steve Trevor discovered Paradise Island in the year 2010, but decided to stay there in Paradise for a few centuries. When Diana finally convinced him to take her to Man's World they found that earth had become the hellhole of Kamandi's stories.

We could see the amazons actually come back to an almost empty world and recreate society in their image over 2 centuries. Now that they can create a perfect world on their own terms, will they make an utopia or will they repeat the sins of Man? We see a new civilization rise up under the leadership of the amazons that expand all over the world using their unique technology.

It would be interesting to see Diana's struggle with Man's World being everything the amazons predicted and her being in the middle of this effort to create society with her sisters. And Steve Trevor could have an interesting arc as he lets the guilt in him make him an Amazonian fanatic.

And to add some tension make it so Ares did all of this, and is out there in Space destroying other civilizations

This would be the Wonder Woman equivalent of Superman Red Son. Diana would maintain her drive to challenge herself and push others to reach their full potential, and keep her ethical nature, but in a very different world.

The Teen Titans as the founding members of the Justice League

During infinite Crisis the Super Heroes fight through the Bleed and find a little girl in a little white room wearing a straight jacket curled up in the corner. As they work to free the little girl, they start to disappear until Batman deduces that they are all players in this girls imagination and as they let her free they are freeing her psyche and in doing so bringing this girl back to reality where there are no heroes. This girl had significant trauma and made the DC Universe in an attempt to help her cope and free herself from her demons. In the final scene you see the girl wake up in a psychiatric hospital on Earth 33... Oh!!! You said Elseworlds, not St Elsewhere.

A world in which every hero has a large cult following in the future. Probably even the villains too. But not in that they all dress up and act like the person.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    A world in which every hero has a large cult following in the future. Probably even the villains too. But not in that they all dress up and act like the person.
    Now I'm imagining an earth where all the heroes and villains are celebrities who have to sing and dance and put on performances and fan events to get the largest following of fans. I would watch that actually, but then I like idol anime from Japan so a sort of DC: Idol world would be a pretty fun little one off right up my alley.

Incredible Member

Earth 2. This time Kara Zor-L arrived on Earth before Kal-El. Young teen Kara is found by the Kent’s, who take her in. As she learns English she explains to the Kent’s where she is from and her history. They take her in and she goes by the name Karen Kent - Niece of Mr Kent that lost her parents in a fire. She becomes Supergirl. A few years later, infant Kal-L crashes onto the Kent property. He is also taken in by the Kents.

She founds the JSA and when the Kents die, she raises Clark as a single mom.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Since they already made Dark Knight of Steel.... DCthulhu

In 1920s Gotham City, an Arkham Asylum doctor realized that there is something more in the rants and raving of his patients about an immortal cult leader
    In Amnesty Bay, a slow and hideous transformation of the inhabitants turns them xenophobic after hearing The Call of The Trench
    In Metropolis, the editor of Daily Planet received a package of a never-before-seen miniature of an abomination
    In Hudson University, a professor stumbled upon a book he never should have read
    In Smallville, a mysterious color appeared out of space

What Lurks In The Dark Corners of The Earth?

Dark Knight of Fate: Bruce Wayne travels the world and finds the Helmet of Fate and becomes Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    Earth 2. This time Kara Zor-L arrived on Earth before Kal-El. Young teen Kara is found by the Kent’s, who take her in. As she learns English she explains to the Kent’s where she is from and her history. They take her in and she goes by the name Karen Kent - Niece of Mr Kent that lost her parents in a fire. She becomes Supergirl. A few years later, infant Kal-L crashes onto the Kent property. He is also taken in by the Kents.

(throws money at screen)
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post

As a total Elseworld that works.

But if you are really basing it off Earth 2 history then Kara Zor-L is the same age as Kal. The age difference in the comics was due to travel time from their Krypton. Kal's rocket took a more direct root so he arrived having only aged a small bit (still infant/toddler). Kara spent time moving close to light-speed and arrived decades later having aged slower due to relativistic speed.

So, the more likely result would be Kara having arrived as an infant of Earth 2 and reached adulthood around 1938- just like her cousin did in Action Comics #1. Ka; would have arrived as a teen in the 1970's like Power Girl did in All-Star Comics where she debuted. And i think an Elseworlds where Kara's debut as Superwoman kicks off the Golden Age and Kal is the johnny-come-lately trying to find a place in a world where superheroes had been a thing for decades and his cousin is the most iconic of them could be interesting.

I haven't thinking about it deeply, but I would like to see Elseworlds about Renaissance era warfare in which heroes and villains lead their own army and use their power, skill, knowledge tp fight in the battlefield. Kinda like Total War Warhammer or Warhammer fantasy I guess.

Rocketed to the earth as an infant, this strange visitor from another planet would be found and adopted by the kindly Kent family who did the best they could to raise their new son as a kind good hearted man and protector of those weaker than he. And the Kents would fail in this. This is a world without Superman because in this world the Kents adopted baby Lobo.

... A parallel of Marvel's Blue Marvel origin story, involving a Cold War era John Stewart who gets picked over Hal Jordan to be the Green Lantern, initially has a full body covering, then is "exposed" and chooses to get involved in civil rights activity alongside battling weird aliens.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Rocketed to the earth as an infant, this strange visitor from another planet would be found and adopted by the kindly Kent family who did the best they could to raise their new son as a kind good hearted man and protector of those weaker than he. And the Kents would fail in this. This is a world without Superman because in this world the Kents adopted baby Lobo.
    He then blew up the Earth as a science experiment and gave himself an A.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    The Teen Titans as the founding members of the Justice League
    I'd be super excited to read a series set in the near future that was simply about the Titans taking over for the JL. Dark Crisis could have been this but it seems like it won't. I can't remember where the image came from but there was that one picture of them older with Dick Grayson in a goatee that suggested them as a next generation JL. I'm pretty sure we haven't read a story like that yet (surprisingly if that's correct) and if it were an Elseworlds anything could happen. I'd especially love a series like that as written by Tom King but he's my top choice to write anything for DC.