Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Thanks.
    Still needs some more work though.
    I'm curious the direction you would take in. The character focus is so strong that I would almost hesitate to involve traditional crime-fighting/superheroics.

Any room for Arthur, Stewart, or the Hawks as cousins? Ollie the loudmouth neighbor? Billy, an old friend from foster care?

Who are the adoptive parents?

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I'm curious the direction you would take in. The character focus is so strong that I would almost hesitate to involve traditional crime-fighting/superheroics.

Any room for Arthur, Stewart, or the Hawks as cousins? Ollie the loudmouth neighbor? Billy, an old friend from foster care?

Who are the adoptive parents?
    Yes I'm thinking the same way. I was considering having them have some sort of powers but I think that would take away from the cool personality focus. instead I just gave them special skills.

I was thinking about adding others like Hawkman or Lex Luthor as side characters as well. But if I do, they would be VERY side characters. I want it to focus very squarely on the big five.

They aren't adopted except for maybe Clark. The fact that they are related by blood is the whole grab for me.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Boisterously Confused

Yes I'm thinking the same way. I was considering having them have some sort of powers but I think that would take away from the cool personality focus. instead I just gave them special skills.

I was thinking about adding others like Hawkman or Lex Luthor as side characters as well. But if I do, they would be VERY side characters. I want it to focus very squarely on the big five.

They aren't adopted except for maybe Clark. The fact that they are related by blood is the whole grab for me.
    You know, an interesting twist would be Clark, Bruce and Diana are blood sibs, as are Hal and Wally, reflecting the idea of continuing v. rebooted heroes.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, skills and strengths.

I think you're right to have them as the main focus.

So are the parents involved at all?

Yeah that's what I was thinking, skills and strengths.

I think you're right to have them as the main focus.

So are the parents involved at all?
    They aren't dead or anything, but they're not really the focus. I'm not really a big fan of dead parents. It's kinda cliche.

Plus I don't want the relationship between them to really be focused on the angst of dead parents but rather on their interaction as siblings.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

They aren't dead or anything, but they're not really the focus. I'm not really a big fan of dead parents. It's kinda cliche.

Plus I don't want the relationship between them to really be focused on the angst of dead parents but rather on their interaction as siblings.
    That all makes sense, I was just wondering if you were going to make them anyone famous. Either in-universe or creators. Even if the parental relationship isn't the focus. Highfather humanized, or some JSA members.

That all makes sense, I was just wondering if you were going to make them anyone famous. Either in-universe or creators. Even if the parental relationship isn't the focus. Highfather humanized, or some JSA members.
    No. I was planning on not making them anyone famous. Maybe give them a last name in tribute to someone like Julius Schwartz or such.

But thanks to you, you got me thinking about the parents so I developed them and their relationship with the big five further fleshing them out.

They are all around 20 years old.

So the parents are good parents and raised them well in general . With that being said ...

Clark has a good relationship with thme much like with the Kents in main continuity. They give him good guidance. Sometimes he needs it being so eager to jump in and blame himself. Much like Diana they bring him back down to earth but are more subtle and gentler about it as opposed to Diana who is able to be more blunt.

Clark is adopted. But they kept it a secret where he came from for a long time. The reason is because they found him abandoned in a field alone. Not wanting Clark to feel bad they kept this from him for a long time. Upon discovering the truth however Clark is adamant that he wasn't just abandoned but that his biological parents had a reason and is determined to find them and the reason. His investigation has taken him to Kansas where he met a nice couple named the Kents who lets him stay by them while he's doing his research in the area. Clark has spent some summers there when he was younger. Clark divides his time between going to college , visiting home and going to Kansas to discover the truth of where he came from between his adventures with the DC.

Bruce lives at home. His parents understand that he does not lIke to be around people so while everhone else is out working or going to school he stays at home. Ironically he has plenty of money using his brilliant mind to do jobs online for different clients who never meet him in person. All they know of him personally is his front name. Alfred. With his great amount of money he funds their adventures for whatever they need finacially. Besides for "living in his parents basement" for not liking to be outside or around people he also refuses to leave his parents side and is very attached to his parents. Almost as if in another life time he lost them...

Diana has a different relationship with her parents. While they treat the others still as kids like parents do they treat Diana as an adult and an equal. They speak bluntly to her and tell her how it is. They will sometimes ask her to talk to one of her brothers if they feel they aren't getting through to them. Diana works as an intern at a very prestigous museum of history.

Hal has had the most rocky relationship with the parents. Being a rebel he often clashed with them as a young teenager. He snidely referred to them as the "Guardians of the universe" saying they would try to control him as teenagers do. Now older Hal has a much better relationship with them as he has matured and they have given him his space but there is still some caution and subtle underlying tension there. Hal barely finished high school running to join the US Air Force as he was thirsty for the excitement . Hal is currently a cadet in the air force. His commander is Colonel Steve Trevor who Diana has a crush on which Hal gleefully teases her about.

Hal besides for being a good mechanic on planes is also very handy in general and can make almost anything out of just spare , random parts. Kind of a Macguyver. They call him Hal "hands" Jordan. He can create almost anything almost as if he just needs his will and imagination to make it appear.

Wally being the baby of the family and lighthearted is treated as such by his parents . Wally is finishing up high school but, once again influenced by Hal, has decided to take a similar route but with his own preference. Wally has decided he is going to join the police force and is currently taking criminal justice courses and joined the junior police cadets.

I've been putting together a series of (silly) short stories based on various television shows.

Storage Wars/Treasure Hunters (huge rivalry between the Kents, Luthors and Waynes. Clark plays 'pranks' now and then if the container (for example) isn't all that)

Bake Off (Bruce has trained with the best, but somehow the 'amateur' farmboy keeps one-upping. And Lex, with his 'new' techniques is surprising everyone.

(similar)
    Masterchef (Diana is bringing back dishes that haven't been seen in centuries, J'onn does strange things with his ingredients, Clark is somehow doing sous vide without doing sous vide!)

Robot Wars (mechanics and engineers supreme!)

Rehab (this one isn't so silly. Goes through various traumas/defeats/achievements)

Ghost Hunters (doubters, believers, and curious. Uncovering the fakes and encountering the strange. Clark, Zatanna, John C and Diana travel the world and find there's a lot out there we don't know about...)

Catfish (again, not so silly. The teams work remotely and internationally, funded by a subsidiary. From Nigerian 'princes' to the darkest side of the interwebs...)

An idea from a Alternate Universe I was creating

Shazam and Wonder Woman are the Wonder Twins:
    Once upon a time an ancient wizard name Mamaragan wanted to create a new champion of Earth and decides to use two children as contenders with each one being raised different as a study of nature vs nurture to see which one is stronger. He picks twins Billy Jason Prince and Mary Batson, who were separated at birth where Billy ended up in the streets of Fawcett City and Mary ended up on an island called Paradise Island ran by Amazons, Billy is from Man's World while Mary is from The World of Amazons. Some time after giving them the powers of gods/goddesses from all over the world he has them fight each other but they decide to just share the title of champion with each of them believing in the other one making themselves stronger. Mary decides to go back with Billy but takes a different name using her middle name, Diana, and her mother's maiden name, Prince. As heroes they decide to go by the names Wonder Woman and Captain Wonder and together they are The Wonder Twins.

Powers form Gods:
    Captain Wonder:
    Sabazios (Flight) - Voodoo
    Hanuman (Strength/Courage) - Hindu
    Aramazd (Stamina) - Armenian
    Zeus (Power/Leadership) - Greek
    Amun (Speed) - Egyptian
    Mahamayrui (Wisdom) - Buddhist

Wonder Woman:
    Shakti (Power) - Hindu
    Hathor (Love) - Egyptian
    Athena (Wisdom) - Greek
    Zorya (Flight) - Slavic
    Andarta (Strength) - Celtic
    Mielikki (Healing) - Buddhist

Villains:
    Black Ahdym - The son of Greek God Ares and Egyptian Goddess Isis who decides to form a group of beings that would wipe out other gods and bring peace (reign over) to all of Earth as the New Gods with him as the All-Father.

Trigon -The son of Mamaragan and a demon who was locked away into another dimension by his father but after the portal opens he is free and aligns himself with the New Gods as the New God of Death

Blaze and Satanus - Twin children of Trigon who are the New Gods of misery and pain.

Dr. Sivana - A mad scientist who performed an autopsy on a Norse deity and secretly spliced his DNA with the creature giving him unlimited amounts of knowledge, Sivana then proclaims himself the New God of science and knowledge.

Cheetah - Several of Sivana's assistants angered an African god and were transformed into cheetahs, and then were experimented on by Sivana, trying to break the curse, turning them into humanoid cheetahs one of them however wanted revenge and ends up killing and eating the god, absorbing the god's powers and proclaims herself the New God of War and the Hunt and takes the other Cheetahs as her guard.

Queen of Fables - A perky witch named Etta Candy who spent thousands of years stealing the powers of other witches including Circe and Morgan LeFay proclaims herself the New God of Women and Creation.

Seven Enemies of Man/The Endless: Destiny, Despair, Desire, Destruction, Delirium, Dream, Death
    Seven strange siblings who come to Earth to teach the humans about lessons but end up being frustrated and losing focus when the Wonder Twins show up.

Ascension: The street urchin Xiang Po (Renaimed Mei Xiang here) finds her path to enlightenment and godhood in the Nu Wa Academy.

Divine Blade: Linda Danvers re-imagined as a Nephilim.

Pantha: Rosabelle Mendes is part of a race of Mayan Jaguar demigods.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post

Bake Off (Bruce has trained with the best, but somehow the 'amateur' farmboy keeps one-upping. And Lex, with his 'new' techniques is surprising everyone.

(similar)
    Masterchef (Diana is bringing back dishes that haven't been seen in centuries, J'onn does strange things with his ingredients, Clark is somehow doing sous vide without doing sous vide!)
    I'd read these. Honestly they sound pretty great.

I kinda want to see a Jewish Batman set during Nazi era Germany, where he hides his Jewish identity during the day and fights the rising tide of antisemitism and Nazism at night, protecting and helping the German Jews flee the country pre-WW2 and sabotaging and attacking concentration camps during the war. He would have a slightly more soldier-y/militarized costume during the war half of the story versus a slightly more pulpy one during the pre-war portion, but both costumes would include the Star of David with the Bat-symbol somehow (either in the Bat or around the Bat).

I'd also want to include a very powered down, Captain America-esque Jewish Superman as part of the American and Allied forces during the second half. Still a little iffy on plot points though. Robin/Dick would be a concentration camp survivor Batman helped free, maybe even include a version of Jason and Tim somehow too. Actually make Dick a gypsy (they also were prosecuted under the Nazis) who Batman takes in during the pre-war period, and then introduce Jason and Tim during the war half.

Not sure if or how I would include other Bat characters in this though. Trying to fit in a Nazi Joker would probably be a bit too much (then again, having some poor sap turn white and crazy in a failed supersoldier experiment might work). But Gordon as a GI or something would be cool. Maybe make Catwoman an Allied spy (maybe Russian/Soviet) possibly. Alfred has to be in it somehow, and still British.

Anyways, something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I kinda want to see a Jewish Batman set during Nazi era Germany, where he hides his Jewish identity during the day and fights the rising tide of antisemitism and Nazism at night, protecting and helping the German Jews flee the country pre-WW2 and sabotaging and attacking concentration camps during the war. He would have a slightly more soldier-y/militarized costume during the war half of the story versus a slightly more pulpy one during the pre-war portion, but both costumes would include the Star of David with the Bat-symbol somehow (either in the Bat or around the Bat).

I'd also want to include a very powered down, Captain America-esque Jewish Superman as part of the American and Allied forces during the second half. Still a little iffy on plot points though. Robin/Dick would be a concentration camp survivor Batman helped free, maybe even include a version of Jason and Tim somehow too. Actually make Dick a gypsy (they also were prosecuted under the Nazis) who Batman takes in during the pre-war period, and then introduce Jason and Tim during the war half.

Not sure if or how I would include other Bat characters in this though. Trying to fit in a Nazi Joker would probably be a bit too much (then again, having some poor sap turn white and crazy in a failed supersoldier experiment might work). But Gordon as a GI or something would be cool. Maybe make Catwoman an Allied spy (maybe Russian/Soviet) possibly. Alfred has to be in it somehow, and still British.

Really love this idea.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Green Lantern - '50s style anti-commie paranoia story a la "The Day the Earth Stood Still." It could star some really alien looking GL who gets stranded on earth, dealing all the "red scare" paranoia, Area 51 Men in Black stuff. Perhaps introduce a young pilot named Hal Jordan who will become part of the GLC and encourages the nation to embrace space exploration in the 60's.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post

I'm down to read this.