Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I kinda want to see a Jewish Batman set during Nazi era Germany, where he hides his Jewish identity during the day and fights the rising tide of antisemitism and Nazism at night, protecting and helping the German Jews flee the country pre-WW2 and sabotaging and attacking concentration camps during the war. He would have a slightly more soldier-y/militarized costume during the war half of the story versus a slightly more pulpy one during the pre-war portion, but both costumes would include the Star of David with the Bat-symbol somehow (either in the Bat or around the Bat).

I'd also want to include a very powered down, Captain America-esque Jewish Superman as part of the American and Allied forces during the second half. Still a little iffy on plot points though. Robin/Dick would be a concentration camp survivor Batman helped free, maybe even include a version of Jason and Tim somehow too. Actually make Dick a gypsy (they also were prosecuted under the Nazis) who Batman takes in during the pre-war period, and then introduce Jason and Tim during the war half.

Not sure if or how I would include other Bat characters in this though. Trying to fit in a Nazi Joker would probably be a bit too much (then again, having some poor sap turn white and crazy in a failed supersoldier experiment might work). But Gordon as a GI or something would be cool. Maybe make Catwoman an Allied spy (maybe Russian/Soviet) possibly. Alfred has to be in it somehow, and still British.

Anyways, something like that.
    Like the idea. Rather than the much overworked Joker, your story seems like an ideal vehicle for Two-Face. A wealthy intellectual friend of Bruce, sympathetic to the Jewish plight, until his disfigurement drives him over the edge, and into the SS.

I've been working on this idea based on the Sins of Youth crossover. Essentially, each (pre-DCnU) separate generation is reversed in order, so that the heroes that make up the Justice Society are the youngest, while the Young Justice generation are the Golden Age generation.

Here's what I got so far:

The first age of heroes began in the 1930's, with the debut of the mysterious telekinetic Super-Man. This being was actually a clone created from DNA samples from meteorites and fused with human DNA by American scientists, creating the perfect soldier. After his debut, Super-Man (Conner to his friends) joined forces with Wonder Woman (archaeologist and demigod Cassandra Sandsmark), Red Robin (amateur detective Tim Drake), The Pulse (time-travelling speedster Bart Allen), Starwoman (step-daughter of a murdered inventor Courtney Whitmore), Miss Secret (the deceased Greta Hayes), Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner, originally the sole bearer of the Green Light before founding the GLC), King Marvel (Freddy Freeman, whom the Wizard Shazam saved from death) and many others to form American Justice, the world's first super hero team.

Sadly, Super-Man sacrificed his life at the end of the war, leaving American Justice to flounder before quietly disbanding shortly afterwards, with each of their members going their separate ways.

The heroic age would not be rekindled fully until many decades later with the emergence of Superwoman, a.k.a. Kara Zor-El, the sole survivor of the satellite metropolis Argo City, a.k.a. Linda Danvers, unassuming private investigator of Suicide Slum. She would prove to be an inspiration for millions, as well as founder and leader of the Justice Titans of America, fighting alongside Nightwing (former aerialist Richard Grayson), a new Wonder Woman (Donna Troy, shipwrecked on Themyscira and chosen of the Titans of Myth.), The Flash (Walter West), Green Lantern (John Stewart) Aquaman (exiled atlantean Garth) and Ms. Martian (M'gann M'orzz). Many heroes would join the Titans, such as the green shapeshifter Animal Man, the alien queen Starfire, Lady Marvel a.k.a. Mary Bromfeld, and the mysterious sorceress known only as The Raven.

As the years passed, new, younger heroes began to arise. At first were connected to heroes already risen, such as Superboy, a kryptonian baby held in suspended animation until found and raised by the young and idealistic Kents; Wonder Girl, princess of the amazons and student of Donna Troy; The Bat, the young and reckless Bruce Wayne, still in trauma over his parents murder and sidekick to Nightwing; Aqualad, prince of Atlantis; and the first Kid Flash, the young Barry Allen. Together they formed their own team to operate outside their mentors shadows, thus forming the Teen League. As the years continued, other young heroes came from their own humble beginnings, like Booster Gold, high school jock from the future, Hawkboy, thanagarian refugee, Zatanna, a magical teenage runaway, and Red Tornado, the child robot. The Teen League became their own heroes, proving their capabilities time and time again.

Recently, a new generation of young heroes has also come together. Black Canary, the powerless but extraordinarily capable Dinah Lance. The new Kid Flash, young Jay Garrick empowered by a science experiment. Hawkgirl, daughter of Egyptian archeologists Shiera Saunders. Green Lantern Alan Scott, inheritor of the magical Starheart from his mother Jade. The Whiz, the innocent Billy Batson. Mr. Midnight, the blind Chaz Mcnider. These were only the first heroes of the Young Society, and they would prove to be as capable as all other generations of heroes before them.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I've been working on this idea based on the Sins of Youth crossover. Essentially, each (pre-DCnU) separate generation is reversed in order, so that the heroes that make up the Justice Society are the youngest, while the Young Justice generation are the Golden Age generation.

Here's what I got so far:

The first age of heroes began in the 1930's, with the debut of the mysterious telekinetic Super-Man. This being was actually a clone created from DNA samples from meteorites and fused with human DNA by American scientists, creating the perfect soldier. After his debut, Super-Man (Conner to his friends) joined forces with Wonder Woman (archaeologist and demigod Cassandra Sandsmark), Red Robin (amateur detective Tim Drake), The Pulse (time-travelling speedster Bart Allen), Starwoman (step-daughter of a murdered inventor Courtney Whitmore), Miss Secret (the deceased Greta Hayes), Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner, originally the sole bearer of the Green Light before founding the GLC), King Marvel (Freddy Freeman, whom the Wizard Shazam saved from death) and many others to form American Justice, the world's first super hero team.

Sadly, Super-Man sacrificed his life at the end of the war, leaving American Justice to flounder before quietly disbanding shortly afterwards, with each of their members going their separate ways.

The heroic age would not be rekindled fully until many decades later with the emergence of Superwoman, a.k.a. Kara Zor-El, the sole survivor of the satellite metropolis Argo City, a.k.a. Linda Danvers, unassuming private investigator of Suicide Slum. She would prove to be an inspiration for millions, as well as founder and leader of the Justice Titans of America, fighting alongside Nightwing (former aerialist Richard Grayson), a new Wonder Woman (Donna Troy, shipwrecked on Themyscira and chosen of the Titans of Myth.), The Flash (Walter West), Green Lantern (John Stewart) Aquaman (exiled atlantean Garth) and Ms. Martian (M'gann M'orzz). Many heroes would join the Titans, such as the green shapeshifter Animal Man, the alien queen Starfire, Lady Marvel a.k.a. Mary Bromfeld, and the mysterious sorceress known only as The Raven.

As the years passed, new, younger heroes began to arise. At first were connected to heroes already risen, such as Superboy, a kryptonian baby held in suspended animation until found and raised by the young and idealistic Kents; Wonder Girl, princess of the amazons and student of Donna Troy; The Bat, the young and reckless Bruce Wayne, still in trauma over his parents murder and sidekick to Nightwing; Aqualad, prince of Atlantis; and the first Kid Flash, the young Barry Allen. Together they formed their own team to operate outside their mentors shadows, thus forming the Teen League. As the years continued, other young heroes came from their own humble beginnings, like Booster Gold, high school jock from the future, Hawkboy, thanagarian refugee, Zatanna, a magical teenage runaway, and Red Tornado, the child robot. The Teen League became their own heroes, proving their capabilities time and time again.

Recently, a new generation of young heroes has also come together. Black Canary, the powerless but extraordinarily capable Dinah Lance. The new Kid Flash, young Jay Garrick empowered by a science experiment. Hawkgirl, daughter of Egyptian archeologists Shiera Saunders. Green Lantern Alan Scott, inheritor of the magical Starheart from his mother Jade. The Whiz, the innocent Billy Batson. Mr. Midnight, the blind Chaz Mcnider. These were only the first heroes of the Young Society, and they would prove to be as capable as all other generations of heroes before them.
    Sounds like an intriguing premise to me.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    Sounds like an intriguing premise to me.
    Thank you! I've had it on the backburner for quite a while, I need to get back to fleshing it out one of these days.

I saw this panel where John Stewart proclaims he's one of the (or I think he said THE) deadliest assassin in the universe. I think an elseworld where we watch him make good on that claim would be interesting. Just have him killing his way across the DC universe, maybe even have that come into conflict with the other heroes.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-28-2018 at 03:11 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Superwoman, born Di-El of Kryptscira, was the daughter of Jor-Lyta, scientist queen of the all female Amazonian race, gifted great powers by the gods of New Olympus. However, when the dark god Areseid launched a devastating attack on the Amazonians, Di-El was sent as a small child to Earth before she could be killed, raised in secret by the kindly couple Polly Kent and her wife Phyllis, learning her powers before coming back as an adult and freeing her fellow Amazonians and reuniting with her birth mother. Having grown to love her adopted homeworld of Earth, she fights a neverending battle for truth, love, and the Amazonian way!

Default Crisis of Infinite Threads

Another universe thread where it's spelled Elsworlds - https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-d-like-to-see
    Which is the "real" thread? Are there more out there? Which will become the main universes ongoing thread?
    Can the two threads survive the Crisis of Infinite Threads? Or will they be merged in the next big forum crisis event?
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-14-2019 at 07:50 AM.

Jonah Hex goes to Hell
    DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.

Superman of Africa - Krypton blows up and Kal-El is sent to earth. However, instead of landing in Metropolis he lands in the Kingdom of Nri in precolonial Africa. Kal-El takes the name Kalu Akanu and we see him through the ages until modern times. Yes, he's black in this story.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 03-04-2019 at 11:48 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

I want to see a story where Jor - Els brother testing a teleportation device lands on Earth. He becomes the Eradicator and joins the Jsa while trying to find a way back home. Once he manages to find his way home he invents a device to chage the Red sun of Krypton to a yellow sun to give the whole planet his powers and become the masters of the universe. But something is wrong with his calculations and he ends up destroying the planet. Jor - El still send baby Kal to Earth where he becomes Superman.

Or how about one where Clark is African American. The kents know they cant raise him so they give him to a local black family. Clark grows up to use his powers to battle the KKK and he gets really involved in Civil rights and save the life of Both MLK and JFk inspiring JFK to introduce the civil rights act.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Like the idea. Rather than the much overworked Joker, your story seems like an ideal vehicle for Two-Face. A wealthy intellectual friend of Bruce, sympathetic to the Jewish plight, until his disfigurement drives him over the edge, and into the SS.
    That's definitely a good take on Two-Face. I'd want to include as many of the classic villains with WW2/Nazi/Axis twists as logically makes sense and feels natural to the story, alongside plenty of battles against real historic figures without making light of the horror of that era. But not a lot of the classic villains fit (Penguin, Riddler, Mr. Freeze, etc.). I suppose you could have Freeze as a ghoulish concentration camp executioner or something, deep freezing prisoners instead of gassing them (definitely horrific, but the real holocaust was horrific). Maybe Dr. Pyg as a Mengele figure. People you'd definitely want to see a Jewish Batman punch out. Some of the villains would take up some good page time, and others might only get a panel or two showing a montage of Batman's activities during the war years in between important story beats. But Two-Face would definitely be one of the more prominent supporting characters/antagonists of the story.

Something I just typed out in another thread in the Batman forum: Expanding on it some more, I'd have Alfred as a senior military guy (not a general, but a veteran who's higher up than a soldier) in the British army who also happens to have had a friendship with Bruce's (or a good German name equivalent of "Bruce Wayne" really, but I don't know any good German names) parents back in the day (Bruce's father was a famous surgeon who often traveled outside of Germany for special cases and Alfred met him then). Batman saves his life during a Nazi ambush or something, and when the war is over becomes Bruce's butler after the war.

I'd end the story not with Batman hanging up the cape and cowl after the war is over, but getting ready to travel abroad with the implication being that he's going after escaped nazi war criminals. Alfred and Dick come along with him on the journey.

I want an Elseworld following Kaldur'ahm as Aquaman. Not the show version exactly but definitely inspired by it (because it's the best version of the character) and with a trident; give that man a trident.

currently following:

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I want an Elseworld following Kaldur'ahm as Aquaman. Not the show version exactly but definitely inspired by it (because it's the best version of the character) and with a trident; give that man a trident.
    I dunno, those waterbearers are awful dope.

JL8 be an official part of DC Comics.

There's my 2 cents.

Penguin can easily fit in with the Nazi party, dudes just an ugly member of the Nobility who is at so many parties he's practically a penguin he's in his tuxedo so often.