Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is this the main Uncanny X-men Team?

So we have a little bit information about Uncanny now,We can kinda guess who is going to be focus for at least "one team"

Uncanny-X-Men-Cover.jpg

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yMzMvNzQyL2kwMi9UeXBob2lkRmV2ZXJfY3JvcHBlZC5q.jpg

https://www.cbr.com/uncanny-x-men-di...ter-breakdown/

Based on 3 pictures that we have gotten so far It is safe bet that these first 5 are the core being in all three pictures

1. Jean Grey
    2. Storm
    3. Bishop
    4. Iceman
    5. NightCrawler

6.Psylocke
    7.Jubilee
    8.Cannonball
    9 X-23

I don't think anyone would argue that these guys don't seem to be the focus. And with Jean Grey up front in the middle every picture it is safe assumption that Jean Grey is definitive leader of the X-men. Psylocke, Jubilee and Banshee either got brought back from dead or significant change which to means to me some plans to use them.

https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...55915424989184
    Lastly Kelly Thompson tweeted that 8(ish) more people along with people in the first picture in thread are main focus of the story. To me that feels like we will have at least two teams so it is interesting to see what will happen.

I have two main questions

1. Are you happy with the Squad that seems to be the main group for Uncanny?

2. Based on 54 man pic, the tweet by writer and a guess that 8 people will be completely different from the first picture .Who do you think will make up second group of 8 important people?
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-14-2018 at 11:07 PM.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I hope it is, I like this line up.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Like they spoil the line up on the cover of the very first issue of 10? I doubt it. I actually think the first row of the poster will be the core characters of disambled
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Like they spoil the line up on the cover of the very first issue of 10? I doubt it. I actually think the first row of the poster will be the core characters of disambled
    I think that is fair to say but they did say Uncanny is spinning out of the disassembled team and based on who is on the 54 man roster, I don't see many other big names for a flagship book. The team could be different I don't see that much different combos

Yeah.. I think the first row is clue for the core characters of UXM. Having 8 more than the first eight, these are probably the other ones:
    - Havok
    - Rogue
    - Gambit
    - Dazzler
    - Kitty
    - Magik
    - Collosus
    - Honey Banger

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    ... I have two main questions

1. Are you happy with the Squad that seems to be the main group for Uncanny?

2. Based on 54 man pic, the tweet by writer and a guess that 8 people will be completely different from the first picture .Who do you think will make up second group of 8 important people?
    1. In some ways, so I'd say it was... okay. I'm actually hoping for a final Uncanny roster that's a lil' more inventive, and outside the boX, ultimately.

2. See below.

... I actually think the first row of the poster will be the core characters of disambled
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    Yeah.. I think the first row is clue for the core characters of UXM. Having 8 more than the first eight, these are probably the other ones:
    - Havok
    - Rogue
    - Gambit
    - Dazzler
    - Kitty
    - Magik
    - Collosus
    - Honey Banger
    That's funny. And I disagree, for as you can see:

... 7 of those 10 run right up through the middle pretty much, with X-23 to the far left, and Psylocke to the right. Then there's Cannonball way in the back, and on the right, again. So my guess is...

... the other group(s) comes from either the left, or the right side.

Maybe... both, I suppose. However it works out, it's entirely possible one of the two could be part of the "tragic' event, that gets Disassembled goin'. Perhaps this:

Dke4Fz_XgAAoVn8.jpg

... gives us a clue, as to which one. Or who becomes victims, in another sense.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 08-15-2018 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    - Havok
    - Rogue
    - Gambit
    - Dazzler
    - Kitty
    - Magik
    - Collosus
    - Honey Banger
    That would be basically my guess for the other eight, but replacing Honey Badger with Banshee or Beast. Rosenberg's just brought Banshee back and presumably will want to use him, while Beast is almost always a core character in these events.

BANNED

Beast's already with Bishop & co., which number 10, in total.

It's really cool Laura will have a part to play in this. I'm happy she's popping up in other books besides x23 and red!

My 8

Kitty Pryde - Just seems like a lock. If that picture is Uncanny then I am guessing Kitty will be leading the "second team"

Mrs and MS. X- Rogue and Gambit are big names,Their marriage is a big X-men story and a decent way getting concern fans in highly dramatic situations worrying what will happen to one of them

Colossus-They are going string out this Kitty and Piotr thing some more

Banshee- An Important X-man brought out of nowhere.That feels to me like a writer has favorite and plan for him in a story

Havok- Only male in current X-men who feels like a leader.So I think he will be part

Madrox- He already show up in a page and is mysterious alive so once again feels like writer favorite and they will have stuff for him.

Honorable mention Northstar: When was the last time he was in a X-book? Everyone else picture is student ,In new mutants or hanging around in books like Forge.

And after typing these 8 names it just feels so not diverse I am hoping that I am wrong. If we get a 2 Xmen teams and New mutants book and school X-men book with these group characters I think I will be pretty happy overall tho

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    ... I am hoping that I am wrong. ...
    So am I, that lineup sounds even more mundane, than the one we're already gettin'. And if we're to assume that's "Brisson's team", here's what I think Rosenberg's could be:

Havok
    Magik
    MadroX/Multiple Man
    Banshee
    Polaris
    Dazzler
    Warpath
    Moonstar/Mirage
    Sunspot (or Sunfire)
    Northstar, Dust, Surge, or Shatterstar

... using a WHOLE heap of wishful thinking.

Then KT's group would be MMX, Kitty, Rachel, Colossus, Domino, Archangel, Wolfsbane, Forge, Hellion, Gentle, Anole, PiXie, Idie, etc.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 08-15-2018 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I hope it is, I like this line up.
    I do too. Now give me an X-Force team with Cable and Wolverine to complement it, and those are two strong titles right there.

My 8:
    Gambit
    Rogue
    Madrox
    Deadpool
    Sage
    Polaris
    Frenzy

Aaaaaand Legion!

I like this team too...I like it when there's two telepaths working together and the team is well balanced and diverse enough.

As fot the other 8 I wish/would guess:
    Rogue
    Gambit
    Multiple Man
    Archangel
    Havok
    Polaris
    Dazzler
    Northstar

but we're probably getting Kitty....

I would be fairly happy with the line-up shown on the cover. I'm thinking the 'Disassemble' title might be a clue that this is not a traditional X-Men book with a team at its center...