Amazing Member

Default Beginner has a question about Hellboy books

Hi guys, I would like to buy a special edition it has leather cover and contains 4 books with bonus content. Im not sure, but its simmilar to Your library edition. Should I get it when its only book 2 available? Could I start reading from book 4-8 would it make sense to me? Again, later on I can buy previous books. Other question is how about B.P.R.D and Baltimore. How is it with the quality of the books and do I need to read Hellboy first? Thank You for answearing

Quote Originally Posted by MapleMatt View Post
    Hi guys, I would like to buy a special edition it has leather cover and contains 4 books with bonus content. Im not sure, but its simmilar to Your library edition.
    Do you have a link to what you are talking about?

What country are you in? You are gonna want to start with Hellboy, from the beginning. I’m not sure of the collections you speak of, but you need to start with Hellboy:Seed of Destruction which is our volume 1. Once you finish Hellboy:Conqueror Worm (which is our volume 5) you can start BPRD whenever. Hellboy and BPRD take place in the same universe, but they are independent from each other. Hellboy is pretty straight forward, you can read it in published order from beginning to end. BPRD’s first act, Plague of Frogs can be read alone, but once you get to BPRD Hell on Earth things get a little more complicated and you will have to read some spin offs. You may want to check out the 2018 reading order done by middenway on the multiversity website.
    Last edited by DeathRidingAnElephant; 08-15-2018 at 10:29 AM.