Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    They should have multiple Asian female and male characters on teams doing stuff. I hate that the racial minorities on x teams are just tokens. Karma, Armor, Jubilee, Sway (bring her back), and Trinary, are all quite different characters and should be fleshed out. I am not even going open up the can of worms about male asian characters and the x men.
    Ikr. How about the fact that we barely have any Latino representation in the books. I'd like to see my peoples represented too. I still don't understand why writers don't put Cece Reyes on their teams She's usually just relegated to a supporting character that doesn't do much.

Quote Originally Posted by Flameworthy View Post
    Ikr. How about the fact that we barely have any Latino representation in the books. I'd like to see my peoples represented too. I still don't understand why writers don't put Cece Reyes on their teams She's usually just relegated to a supporting character that doesn't do much.
    And I'm worried Cece is about to die...
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Not that it isn't offensive that there has to be a PREMIER east asian for the purposes of this topic, or at least kind of jarring in it's bad taste, but I still can't miss an opportunity to cape for Armor.

I love Hisako. She smashes all the things. She's great because she has a visually interesting power, and a normal personality. An X-man who isn't damaged and crazyto some degree is like a unicorn these days.
    Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 08-19-2018 at 05:45 AM.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    And I'm worried Cece is about to die...
    She better not.. she checks three boxes.. Women, Latina, and She is black. If they kill her, twitter will drag those folks. They already got folks mad with that casting in that "movie" I refuse to watch. CeCe is a character that could easily show up on a show like Luke Cage or Daredevil or Jessica Jones. They better not miss with her and make plans for her on of those shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    She better not.. she checks three boxes.. Women, Latina, and She is black. If they kill her, twitter will drag those folks. They already got folks mad with that casting in that "movie" I refuse to watch. CeCe is a character that could easily show up on a show like Luke Cage or Daredevil or Jessica Jones. They better not miss with her and make plans for her on of those shows.
    The X-men dont have too many human allies but as someone who's non-combative, she fufills a role that we used to get. She doesnt need to be an X-man but she's perfect in a support capacity. They'd be a fool to get rid of her. You are right in terms of her expanding to other franchises. She'd work outside the X-line

Agreed with someone who said a premiere East Asian. When media does Asian, it's mostly Japanese or Chinese. I'd like to see more representation of the Southeast Asians like Cambodian, Thai, Lao, and Vietnamese. I think we need more Koreans too. People automatically go to the lighter-skinned Asians, which make the world believe that Asians are generally light-skinned. But we do generally fill the entire shade spectrum, haha.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

I’m actually surprised there are so few Indian mutants.

At least Morrison gave us the sanctioned custom of euthanasia for mutant children. Doesn’t account for pubescent physiological changes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I feel like this thread is a little racists but I'm not sure why...lol

Anyway, my pick is Karma. She has a lot of untapped potential.
    It's not.

It's because when we have original characters of color-it's like there is a battle to USE or build them up.

Why look for a writer who is going to create a new person when you need to find a writer willing to use what you already have.
    If you have Karma, Jubliee, X-23, Surge, Dusk (does she count?) & Hazmat-I don't need a new one. Those 6 ladies have enough material and potential to be used.

It does not have to be an ongoing-we can have minis. Not 6 issue long but 3 will do.
    Jubliee & X-23 should have enough stuff to pack a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's not.

It's because when we have original characters of color-it's like there is a battle to USE or build them up.

Why look for a writer who is going to create a new person when you need to find a writer willing to use what you already have.
    If you have Karma, Jubliee, X-23, Surge, Dusk (does she count?) & Hazmat-I don't need a new one. Those 6 ladies have enough material and potential to be used.

It does not have to be an ongoing-we can have minis. Not 6 issue long but 3 will do.
    Jubliee & X-23 should have enough stuff to pack a trade.
    The introduction of a new character of a certain background shouldn't mean that we have less of a chance of seeing an existing one with that background get additional panel time, but I feel like sadly it does.
    I can't remember the last time I saw an ongoing team with two or more of the characters discussed in this thread together.

BANNED

It seems writers don’t want to use Karma or Sunfire beyond the occasional cameo and Jubilee is never allowed to develop. She’s still the kitschy bubblegum teenager who debuted in 1989.

There is no premiere Asian X-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    It seems writers don’t want to use Karma or Sunfire beyond the occasional cameo and Jubilee is never allowed to develop. She’s still the kitschy bubblegum teenager who debuted in 1989.

There is no premiere Asian X-Man.
    I mean Jubilee had development. Being depowered and then becoming Vampire Jubilee gave her some great character growth while allowing her to retain her youthful behavior via a lack of aging.

Shogo's adoption was an interesting turn too that allowed her to change even more. However for whatever reason, a bunch of people dislike vampire jubilee in favor of 90's TAS nostalgia and so she's back to being her old self again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Jubilee is a better fit for the X-Men's ingenue slot than Kitty Pryde. The ingenue slot is an essential X-Men role. The team is full of mentors.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Jubilee is a better fit for the X-Men's ingenue slot than Kitty Pryde. The ingenue slot is an essential X-Men role. The team is full of mentors.
    Which is what Jubilee now is. She's long outgrew the ingenue role. She's a veteran X-men