Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Question Who shall replace Psylocke as the PREMIERE Female Asian X-man?

Indeed... now that the storyline seems to be happening, even though I REALLY, as in REALLY, think it's right thing to do, I do think it opens up a bit of a hole in the X-men's lineup in the sense that there is no premiere bad-ass ADULT female asian in their ranks, with any prominence at least.

So... whom shall it be?

Personally, I think I would simply reintroduce Kwannon in the Asian body, with more or less the same outfit, and then have her in X-force as Revanche - basically, we'd get to eat the cake and keep it as well. Kwannon would be more of a sexual presence and a true femme fatale, leading to endless interesting conflicts with her team-mates - basically, like, well, DOMINO, but without the humour.

Oh, btw - this would only concern East Asians and South East Asians, no other asians - so all X-men or mutants with Indian Subcontinent ancestry are obviously exempt, since that's such a different cultural and ethnical group that it's simply damaging to group them together with any of the other Asian groups.

Those groups obviously also need some representation, but that's for another thread.

EDIT:

After feedback, I suppose Jubilee is the most logical, perhaps the only achievable one. A better question then, is this: Whom shall fill the VOID of Asian female representation which Psylocke will leave?
    Last edited by L.R Johansson; 08-15-2018 at 06:22 AM.

Karma or nothing.

Psylocke was never the premiere Asian X-men on the count that she was never Asian.

Anyway, Jubilee.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I always considered that to be Jubilee, really.

Incredible Member

Jubilee (but does X-23 count as Asian? Too many Wolverine-derivatives anyway)
    Last edited by raidensix; 08-15-2018 at 06:27 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Jubilee (but does X-23 count as Asian? Too man Wolverine-derivatives anyway)
    No, Laura in the main 'verse is Caucasian.

Jubilee, most likely, and more than overdue. My preferences would be Karma or Surge, though.

Ah yes, you're all correct- Jubilee will of course be it. However, I feel that she is such a massively different character from Psylocke that her getting a push wouldn't really be filling the void opened up, you know? There's also the fact that promoting Jubilee will simply open up the void in another place, and then another, and so on...

So, I suppose Armour might need a push as well then, yes? They're both really young though, while Psylocke is a seasoned adult, hence they cater to a slightly different audience - is there an, uh... adult option?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I always considered that to be Jubilee, really.
    Yeah i'm on the same page.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Jubilee, followed by Karma, and Armor.

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    Ah yes, you're all correct- Jubilee will of course be it. However, I feel that she is such a massively different character from Psylocke that her getting a push wouldn't really be filling the void opened up, you know? There's also the fact that promoting Jubilee will simply open up the void in another place, and then another, and so on...

So, I suppose Armour might need a push as well then, yes? They're both really young though, while Psylocke is a seasoned adult, hence they cater to a slightly different audience - is there an, uh... adult option?
    That would be Karma.

They all can at the same time. Asian Psylocke or no Asian Psylocke there was never any reason we couldn’t have more than one prominent Asian female character.

Revanche, in the "marketable" body.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

X-Men's best Asian character has always been Jubilee though.

She's probably already it for general audiences, as she's appeared in more adaptations than Psylocke.