Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Being "merged" with Kwannon wasn't exactly a 50/50 situation. It's not like Betsy ever gave a crap about Kwannon's life, her childhood, her family and friends, where she grew up or anything. All she really got from Kwannon was the ninja skills and the bloodlust.

Betsy still thought of Brian and Jamie as her brothers. Her own history was still all there, and being "combined" was more or less ignored by subsequent writers.
    That’s what irked me about that plot point in later years - the whole Kwannon half of the “combination” just conveniently fell by the wayside.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She doesn have Kwannon's memories.
    True, which is odd, considering they were “combined as one”.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Jubilee, Kwannon, Karma, and Armor are all good picks IMO.

It’s not pc/sjw to understand that the invention of Kwannon —as a separate character whose only narrative contribution was to be a body for Psylocke to use temporarily— was a mistake that deserves a solution.

Throwing Kwannon into the trash and putting Betsy in a Caucasian body is an inelegant and cheap reconciliation.

I’d say a new member.

Silhouette or Nia Noble.

Maybe even Dragoness.

Quote Originally Posted by Flameworthy View Post

I would also love for them to bring back Sway. Another Asian character that wasn't given enough time to develop.

I've honestly never been a fan of most of the other Asian women that have graced the pages of the X-books. Outside of Jubilee the others have been kind of lackluster or boring.
    I liked that her time powers were not overly powerful like Tempus. She is a blank slate as for what you want to do...I mean they bring back everyone else.

Probably Jubilee.

I'd love it if Karma finally gained more prominence though. Astonishing X-Men was a start but she needs to be a member on the main book, used in events, etc.

Kwannon coming back would be ideal as well, since for all the unfortunate cliches and stereotypes that 90s Psylocke can embody, it fills a nice niche that the X-Universe doesn't have w/o her (ninja bad@ss). Though I agree with the others that the two should have clear differences in power-sets; there's enough derivatives running around and certainly enough telepaths and telekinetics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I see this as an opportunity to create a new character. Or perhaps further develop a relatively new character. The Thai woman named Cressida (also called Avenger X) comes to mind. Her power set, especially the cost of using it, would make for an interesting development on one of the X-teams.
    We don't need new characters when there are existing Asian X-Men who has been put in the back-burners for years.

Karma mind possession powers is underutilised and with her additional telepathic powers, she will make a great heroine.

There needs to be more character development on her like undoing the lesbian thing, giving her a love interest and giving back her leg.

Her mutant siblings can be used as supporting characters in battle too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    Psylocke is still Asian. They merged Kwannon and Betsy. The only difference is now the premier Asian X-Man will now be white.
    Everything about kwannon MENTALLY is no longer in Psylocke AT ALL!
    Psylocke isn't and never has been Asian outside of looks. Also, She's comfortably B-list.
    She might be "Marketable" but outside of serious comic readers and movie watchers if you put a Yellow Coated Jubilee next to half Naked Psylocke, who do you think the average person would know?

I'd love to see Armor or Surge get a push.

BANNED

People who want to cry SJW, please save your breath.

Let the young step up and gain some more fans before they permanently hit character purgatory/stagnation.

Nature Girl or Sprite have plenty of room for growth.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Jubilee or Armor
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    We don't need new characters when there are existing Asian X-Men who has been put in the back-burners for years.

Karma mind possession powers is underutilised and with her additional telepathic powers, she will make a great heroine.

There needs to be more character development on her like undoing the lesbian thing, giving her a love interest and giving back her leg.

Yes, they could invest in the necessary panel time in order to tweak Karma. She likely deserves the effort, given how long she's been in the X-family. But some of the tweaks that you mention sound like wholesale changes that would take a number of issues to "fix." (I'm not saying that I agree with you that she's not perfect as presently constructed.) If I'm a writer with only a limited number of issues to script, or a much larger epic story that I'd like to tell, odds are high that I'm going to sidestep Karma and anyone with an in depth history with the X-Men in favor of creating a new character. At least that way if the character fails, I wouldn't have further ruined a legacy character, thus making it that much harder for someone else to use him/her.

You all know my answer and its high time

I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post

What the hell?