BANNED

Default Tom King's Batman, Heroes in Crisis and Doomsday Clock (Spoilers and discuss)

The events of recent Batman #53 shown that Batman isn't a God, despite how Grant Morrison viewed him and the events of Doomsday clock showed that the upcoming events of Heroes in Crisis ends up with the Sanctuary in shambles, a building that BATMAN helped build.

Doomsday Clock also showed that Gotham is now against Batman and his ways and want him out of town.

So that brings the question given this recent CBR article (https://www.cbr.com/bruce-wayne-admi...quit-batman/): What if by the end of Tom King's run that Bruce truly tries to hang up the cowl only for Doomsday Clock to begin and what if by that end Batman isn't in Gotham anymore ?

As fans of the character: What do you think of this ?

Incredible Member

Tom King just needs to get the hell away from Batman.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I haven't read it so it depends on the reason why they're against Batman and his ways.

One reason is they've had enough of Arkham's revolving door and so they agree more with Red Hood than Batman. It's misplaced because Batman is not responsible for Arkham or what the villains do, but it's a reason.

I don't know how public Sanctuary is and how it will affect people's view on Batman and his ways, but a murder done by the superhero community when they're supposed to be the paragon, in a setting that's supposed to be a healing place run by Batman will ruin that trust as well.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    The events of recent Batman #53 shown that Batman isn't a God, despite how Grant Morrison viewed him and the events of Doomsday clock showed that the upcoming events of Heroes in Crisis ends up with the Sanctuary in shambles, a building that BATMAN helped build.

Doomsday Clock also showed that Gotham is now against Batman and his ways and want him out of town.

So that brings the question given this recent CBR article (https://www.cbr.com/bruce-wayne-admi...quit-batman/): What if by the end of Tom King's run that Bruce truly tries to hang up the cowl only for Doomsday Clock to begin and what if by that end Batman isn't in Gotham anymore ?

As fans of the character: What do you think of this ?
    How does Doomsday Clock show that Sanctuary ends in shambles?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Tom King just needs to get the hell away from Batman.
    For real, quoted for truth.
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

I don't know how public Sanctuary is and how it will affect people's view on Batman and his ways, but a murder done by the superhero community when they're supposed to be the paragon, in a setting that's supposed to be a healing place run by Batman will ruin that trust as well.

It's clear by the time Doomsday clock rolls around that the general supervillain public knows of the Sanctuary if this CBR article is anything to go by: https://www.cbr.com/doomsday-clock-h...risis-spoiler/

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Hmm... this is interesting... I just found out that according to Batman Beyond, Bruce decided to retire in 2019. How long will it be until Batman #100?

BB is set in different timeline so I don't think it means anything that he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    BB is set in different timeline so I don't think it means anything that he did.
    BB is described as main earth but set in the future so it's not a different timeline just the future [how set it is is up for debate but it is not a different timeline like Titans of Tomorrow ]

Didn't they have Dick and Jason cameo with their old Robin costume? How it can be the main earth?

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Didn't they have Dick and Jason cameo with their old Robin costume? How it can be the main earth?
    Dick has his old suit back in Rebirth. Duke, Damian and Red robin are all part of the current BB and so are their Rebirth suits.

Dick Robin suit and his nu52 suit have both shown up in Rebirth so I'm not sure what DC is doing with that.

But the Guide to the Multiverse describes BB as presnt earth but running years in the future.
    Last edited by dietrich; 08-22-2018 at 08:58 AM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

double post, sorry mods.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 08-23-2018 at 05:48 PM.