Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    Uh... Cece's not black, really. Not in the typical African American sense.

She's Puerto Rican. Or more often known in NYC neighborhoods like the Bronx and Washington Heights as Boricuan. (Just so you guys know, there are darker brown and black skinned latin people, most notably Caribbean people from Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic. There's a large population of Dominicans and Puerto Ricans in NYC and Bronx with darker toned skin that aren't "black". There are also a lot of other dark skinned caribbeans in NYC from Trinidad and Haiti that speak other languages like patois) People in NYC are sensitive to accurate representation, since there are so many nuances in race that belong to different insular ethnic communities, so to just categorize Cece as black is inaccurate. (My Dominican and Trinidadian friends get mistaken as black sometimes, usually by ignorant people, and it offends them to no end) More accurately, Cecilia's Caribbean or Latin American.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cecilia_Reyes

Thanks for not generalizing!
    Latino is a race, it's an ethnicity. You can be black or white and still be latino. If your friends get offended when they are called black, then they are the ignorant ones. If Cece isn't black then what do you think she is?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

With that said Bloodstorm's death in the issue is likely reversible, as this issue had Iceman and Cable die and we know their deaths won't stick.

Teen Iceman didn't die, he was stunned and immobilized and put in a cubicle to be sent back to the past.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 08-17-2018 at 04:17 AM.

BANNED

Does anyone know who this young Cable is? He's not Nate Grey so who is he?

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    Latino is a race, it's an ethnicity. You can be black or white and still be latino. If your friends get offended when they are called black, then they are the ignorant ones. If Cece isn't black then what do you think she is?
    OMG, can we please stop this?

We have had these discussion numerous times, I think we had enough now.

Let's not try to have a race, color, ethnic , gender, LGBT discussion in every thread and call each other whatever we like because we refuse to want to listen or understand one another.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Teen Iceman didn't die, he was stunned and immobilized and put in a cubicle to be sent back to the past.
    i think that's the case too. he took the body. why would he take iceman and not cable or bloodstorm? he's gathering them to send them back

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Now i remember an old preview from Larraz twitter
    https://twitter.com/PepeLarraz/statu...94166111449089

I guess the carnage will continue and will hit jeen hard.
    Interesting...makes me think Cyclops might be next. I absolutely love how they are building this event like a tragedy

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post

Let's not try to have a race, color, ethnic , gender, LGBT discussion in every thread and call each other whatever we like because we refuse to want to listen or understand one another.
    I don't think I said anything controversial???

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Nationality not ethnicity...
    It can be both but in CeCe's case its her ethnicity. Nationality refers to where she holds citizenship and/or born and I dont think its ever been said that she was born in PR. PR is a bit tricky since its a territory of the US. We do know that her ethnic descent is PR though so stating that its her ethnicity is accurate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post

Theyre right.

Sorry if youre offended by facts

Edit: that answer was short and not entirely accurate. The concept of Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, and other nationalities not claiming Black is steadily changing.

Mero from Desus and Mero even talked about it.
    Last edited by Armageddon; 08-17-2018 at 07:05 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    i think that's the case too. he took the body. why would he take iceman and not cable or bloodstorm? he's gathering them to send them back
    Yeah, it's confirmed here but I am still confused on who this young Cable is.

https://www.cbr.com/extermination-ca...ter-explained/

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Yes, Cable is gathering them to send them back and fix the timestream (at least that's what we're lead to believe), Iceman is knocked out and his psi-signature is muted so he can't be tracked by the psi. He doesn't need old Cable, as he was a threat and obstacle to this other one's plans. And there is no body to take for Bloodstorm as she disintegrated why Cyclops was carrying her body back. So she's toast.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Does anyone know who this young Cable is? He's not Nate Grey so who is he?
    For now he's Nathan Summers. Time travel.

I can't Ed Brisson's mind.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

He needs young Iceman to go back to his original point in time.
    He offed Cable cuz he doesn't need a competing time traveler.
    Bloodstorm could easily get killed off since she doesn't affect 616's timeline.
    We're still at the point in the story where we don't know if Ahab and young Cable are working together.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    For now he's Nathan Summers. Time travel.

I can't Ed Brisson's mind.
    I trust where Ed’s going with this. He wrote a solid arc of the Cable series recently and clearly is fond of the character. I do not believe this is going to end with NuCable running around permanently, like DC tried to do with Lobo awhile back when they de-aged him and tried to make him more “hip and cool.” It was lame over there, and will be lame over here at Marvel if they try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Yes, Cable is gathering them to send them back and fix the timestream (at least that's what we're lead to believe), Iceman is knocked out and his psi-signature is muted so he can't be tracked by the psi. He doesn't need old Cable, as he was a threat and obstacle to this other one's plans. And there is no body to take for Bloodstorm as she disintegrated why Cyclops was carrying her body back. So she's toast.
    Do you guys think Ahab and young Cable are working together or not? Bloodstorm wasn't on the computer screen behind young Cable on the last page so I think it's really about preventing the time-displaced X-Men from doing something in the future.

Also we see a dead Ororo in the opening scene...does that mean there are two versions of her in the event? Or is it just Bloodstorm dying in the future but not disintegrating because there was no silver involved?