Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Yeah no Bloodstorm was definitely fridged and I agree that it's a waste. I'm just placing most of the blame on Jordan White and Brisson instead of Bunn.

Bloodstorm was a bit different compared to most vampires. At the very least she never had trouble with sunlight or needing to be invited before entering a residence, so she may have been a daywalker.

And when she died she didn't burn up or turn into dust like other vampires. It's weird.
    She did turn into dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I still question if anything from that book actually is canon at this point. From Ghost Jean never being a thing, to Emma's quick recovery and failure to mention anything of a Phoenix threat, to any of her adventures with Marvel characters it has remained like it was fan fic.

The most we got was PR acknwoledging that the kids were missing. However Emma said nothing about them when the X-men confronted her which never made any sense since she was with them when the Phoenix attacked

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    She did turn into dust.
    Checking back it looks like she did. I thought Scott was just carrying her body, it wasn't really clear that she was disintegrating at first.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Rosenberg’s Kitty is too good to just be killed off.
    You're right, she should be tortured first.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I feel like Bloodstorm and Cable aren't going to be the only fatal casualties on this event.

I wonder who will be next?
    I think Rachel, Magneto and Emma Frost are at risk. Possibly X-Man, Hope Summers, Jimmy Hudson or Kymera if they're brought into the story. I agree there are likely other casualties in an event titled Extermination.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I think Rachel, Magneto and Emma Frost are at risk. Possibly X-Man, Hope Summers, Jimmy Hudson or Kymera if they're brought into the story. I agree there are likely other casualties in an event titled Extermination.
    Agree. I think it'll be a bloodbath.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Alex is gifted, I’m sure he was racking up the AP credits in highscool, tested out where possible and graduated early from everything.

Claremont is my touchstone. You’ll have to pry his age markers from my cold dead body. If Kitty’s say 24 now we can get a good idea for everyone else based on that.
    I can respect a man's Claremont canon, but I'm pretty sure Claremont's Kitty would still be like, barely 20. He still writes Rachel as a teen. Anyways, as for Alex, I think he was supposed to be actually over 21 in the issue, as Scott makes an offer to buy him a drink and says he's old enough now.

Old_Landon_College_3.jpg
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Bloodstorm has been handled poorly but killing her off wasnt a sign of racism.
    If you show blatant disrespect towards your one token black character, making a spectacle of her demise, than yes, it is racism.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I think Jimmy is pretty safe. He is a wolverine which are popular, being a poison/wolverine made him pretty hard to kill and he is the token of the ultimate x-men on earth 616. I doubt he will die or even appear on Extermination.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think Jimmy is pretty safe. He is a wolverine which are popular, being a poison/wolverine made him pretty hard to kill and he is the token of the ultimate x-men on earth 616. I doubt he will die or even appear on Extermination.
    As is his white, male privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    If you show blatant disrespect towards your one token black character, making a spectacle of her demise, than yes, it is racism.
    No its not. Besides she wasnt the only black person in this issue so your statement is false anyway

Magneto and Emma Frost, I absolutely doubt. Their X-Men Black issues are meant to reposition them in a new light for the new era. Plus, Emma has plot protection since she's in Infinity Wars. And Bunn's """killed""" Jimmy off and sent him off the cast, but I wonder if that'll stop the ol' Brisson Bloodbath Machine from touching him.

But yeah, Kymera, X-Man, whoever's leftover from X-Treme X-Men, Cecilia Reyes (i just KNOW those kids are gonna blow her up Gifted-style), and Rachel are all top of the list.

No its not. Besides she wasnt the only black person in this issue so your statement is false anyway
    Surely you are not referring to the deformed caricature pretending to be Cece....

Bloodstorm was the token black member of the O5 Blue team, don't be obtuse.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Surely you are not referring to the deformed caricature pretending to be Cece....

Bloodstorm was the token black member of the O5 Blue team, don't be obtuse.
    I dont see how Cecilia was a caricature. You need to look up racism if you think killing off a fictional character in a comic book is racism. Brisson wrote this. Are you trying to call him a racist?

I dont see how Cecilia was a caricature. You need to look up racism if you think killing off a fictional character in a comic book is racism. Brisson wrote this. Are you trying to call him a racist?
    Making a spectacle of an underdeveloped black female character is racist, misogynistic, and an example of cheap storytelling.

And Cece was clearly off-model and picked up some extreme features that could indeed be considered a racist caricature.