Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Rachel: "This man ... what did he look like?"

Scott: "Wait, aren't you an already powerful and newly power-upgraded telepath?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    If this guy is Young Scott and Jean's kid as speculated in here than he's a teenager. Extermination's future is 20 years from now so he cant be any older than 19 and based on the reveal, he looks to be a teen

This is really confusing. How many young cable are there?

I thought there's another Cable aka X-Man from another universe that has been here for years? Is he the same or different person?

BANNED

Five issues - five O5 - five cubicles so each issue will take out one O5? I guess..

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I mean you might have a bit of a point about him being younger but I don't think he's as young as you do. There's nothing saying that he's any younger than the vague adult age most of the X-Men are, and I think that showing a Cable with no metal arm (even young Nate visibly had the TO Virus) is telling enough.
    But... if this young Cable doesn't have the TO Virus, how do we explain the scars around the right eye, which was the entry point of the virus when Nathan was a baby. So the only way that this young Cable would have those scars and not have the TO Virus is if he was cloned after Nathan was infected... just like Stryfe.

Also, some of the necklaces and decorations on young Cable's outfit are reminiscent of what he wore as a young man during the Askani'Son limited series.

1163960.jpg

This implies that this Cable also came from the future. Let's not forget, Cable's ability to time-travel originally came from a time-travel machine he stole from the Apocalypse worshipping High-Lords in the future that he used to travel back along with his Greymalkin space station. It would be nice to find out that this Cable still has the Professor AI.
    Last edited by Psimitar; 08-15-2018 at 07:54 PM.

I wasn't gonna pick this up. But it ended up being so good. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I hope it stays that way bc Marvel has had great starts to stories in the past only to have them end in a wimper. (*cough* Ivx *cough*)
    Resurrection

I liked this a lot. Half way through it clicked that it was a time traveling Cable,

I’m calling him WiFi, until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    I'd be okay with them ditching the older and keeping the younger, for Beast.
    3 votes for Beast. Off with his head.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    3 votes for Beast. Off with his head.
    I would prefer the older blue Beast mutating back to his white-skinned Beast.

Blue furry cat-like Beast is just plain ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    I would prefer the older blue Beast mutating back to his white-skinned Beast.

Blue furry cat-like Beast is just plain ugly.
    Well Betsy's about to get a re-whitening. Give it a year and I'm sure it'll happen just in time for 'X-ccelerate' or 'X-ceptional' or 'X-Cel' or whatever event they'll throw our way next comic con.

Young Cable if he is Tyke and Jeen kid then he around 17 or 16 years old. Give them a few years to have a kid. They them self are around 16 or 17 so yeah.

I dont think he is, because there is no baby Rachel... Unless Jeen also said to baby Rachel she is not her mom.... Damn you writers.

Loved this

1.) we are finally getting a summers-heavy interaction people wanted for years with the 05 , Rachel, cable. Happy for those who have been asking for it.

2.) bloodstorm has Been my favorite alt reality/duplicate character in a long time. Very sad that she will likely be a casualty of this event. I like the 05 more but we know most of them have adult counterparts- bloodstorm seemed more like her own character. I really hoped they find a way to make her an original so that storm could be an “05” in the movies too.Wishful thinking I know.

3.) Scott and bloodstorm would make a cute couple. I’d love to see more.

4.) I’m gettin emotional about the prospect of teen jean leaving. I’ll spare the details and post in the jean Thread instead (when the series concludes)

5.) great art

6.) felt like the letter at the end bordered on spoilers (he mentioned this event being intended
    To prune some alternate and duplicate characters down) but also very heartfelt

7. Ironic that for a boook intended to clean house on alternate characters is being carried out by an alternate character.
    Last edited by Grey; 08-15-2018 at 09:17 PM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    As I said in the preview thread, this book in one issue has recaptured the drama, angst, and danger that got me into X-Men books back in the late 80's. Brisson has woven a story that brings to light what is at the essence of the X-Men: family and the relationships amongst the X-Men.

Here are my other thoughts:
    - I thought Bloodstorm's exit was well done and gave some emotion to Tyke.
    - AHAB!!! God I have missed this Ahab (I hated the one from Uncanny Avengers)
    - I love that Ahab references meeting Cyclops before, which goes back to "Days of Future Present" (more later)
    - LOVED the scene with Rachel, Jean, and Cable. Although I'm a little disappointed that neither Rachel or Jean felt Nathan's death as both were psi-linked to him. I'm sure there is some explanation as this is the umphteenth version of Cable...
    - Really interested in the "X-Man" young Tyke/Jeen version of Cable and his mission to send the O5 back.
    - I find it EXTREMELY interesting, and I wonder if Brisson did it on purpose, that the first time Cable met Jean and Rachel was during "Days of Future Present" when Ahab came hunting Franklin Richards and Rachel. And now the last time we see them together on panel (for now) is when Ahab re-appears. Such an amazing continuity moment!! I'm excited to see how this event plays out.
    The letters page at the end emphasized that “back issues matter” was the motto for brainstorming and writing this event. So it makes that he did his homework
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    They them self are around 16 or 17 so yeah.
    Surely they are more like 19/20 by now? How long have they been in the present? Jean was in college at the start of Extraordinary, which was pre-Secret War's 16 month time hop. They would have been 17 at the least in the original timeline(Bobby was explicitly said to be the youngest at 16 in 1963's #1).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Also, as someone who absolutely loved Mackie's Bloodstorm back in the Mutant X days, bringing this alternate version to bum around doing nothing in Blue, only to be 'fridged for Tykes 'development' in this issue was a travesty. A character with Storm's elemental powers plus vampire speed, senses, strength, healing, hypnotism, vermin-controlling, mist-turning, etc, etc, etc powers should have been an uber-powerhouse and getting speared in the back by freaking Ahab because she was too busy sucking Tyke's little *&$* was bull.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
    I'm really curious about the 2 kids the O5 saved. What are their role in the story? Are they related too someone from the future? I don't know a lot about grey-skinned mutants.
    Me too, something is up with them. But they were cute when Samuel L. Jackson gave them lollipops.