Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    So we know that teen Jean is getting a team that will protect her. But she's gonna get all proactive and go after the bad guy.

Has there been anything released about who Cyclops, Beast, and Warren have protecting/defending them?
    Tyke just blasted ahab.He can handle himself & others O2 now that he's on a warpath.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I get the feeling that Jeen will be the last one standing and that's why she would need a team. Cyclops is probably going to fall after Iceman, the solicitations make it seem like the O5 are going to be on the edge. If anybody is going to be proactive, it will probably be adult Jean.
    Remember "set it right"?Jean & jeen both have cover for themselves.Cyke is not coming back.So,I see tyke the last one standing.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Tyke just blasted ahab.He can handle himself & others O2 now that he's on a warpath.
    That doesn't mean he won't have an entourage. Jean took on and beat the entire Shi'Ar Imperial Guard. If she's getting an entourage, they all are.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I'm guessing Tyke may be the last one standing in this, with adult Jean playing a pivotal role in the story. I'm not sure I see them giving both Jeans the most choice spots in this story. (Then again, X-Men editorial IS known for overkill, when there's a character they're pushing.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    That doesn't mean he won't have an entourage. Jean took on and beat the entire Shi'Ar Imperial Guard. If she's getting an entourage, they all are.
    That's bias.Marvel do that time to time to their favs.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    I don't think I said anything controversial???
    Sometimes people find enlightening discussion about minority issues to be “political” or something, I guess.
    Not saying that’s happening with the person you quoted necessarily, just saying.

I admit that As a white guy I find the discussion very educational, tbh. IF I had to put into words the difference between race and ethnicity, I’d fumble beyond the surface level facts. So I like hearing from people more educated on the topic.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Tyke should be the last one standing. Adult Cyclops died off panel. He deserves a better send off.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    That's bias.Marvel do that time to time to their favs.
    Jeen beating the imperial guard was not bias. It was a power move.

Tyke not getting an entourage while the other four do is bias, especially when the strongest member of the team - and it's LEADER, I'll remind you - does.

Now, mind you, I do agree with Tyke being the last one standing. Or both Tyke and Jeen.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Ed Brisson did say that he was having fun writting the complicated relationship between Jeen and Tyke. He also said on twitter something will happen between them on issue 2. (it doesn't necessarily mean is something romantic but i would like if it is)

but that's too obvious and is exactly why i don't see it happening. I linked a few pages ago a preview with Jeen crying, maybe tyke is the next to fall.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-18-2018 at 10:43 AM.

Has there been anything released about who Cyclops, Beast, and Warren have protecting/defending them?
    Their Privilege?
    lol jk

So we know that teen Jean is getting a team that will protect her. But she's gonna get all proactive and go after the bad guy.

Since the solicit stated "EVERY X-Team", my guess is Brisson is either gonna go with all the current teams of get REALLY weird & fun with it and send the O5 throughout time. Like PD's X-Factor team protecting Bobby, or the Outback team watching after Warren or etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Thanks, Tycon, for reminding me that they aged Cece 30 years in this book.
    Yeah......Larraz was definitely not using any current Cece design.

What an amazing issue. Really looking forward to the rest of this.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Any chance the future brotherhood (namely Xavier jr) is involved in this? It had crossed my mind. I mean I doubt it but I did wonder.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Any chance the future brotherhood (namely Xavier jr) is involved in this? It had crossed my mind. I mean I doubt it but I did wonder.
    Not likely. They were already taken care of in Blue when Magneto killed them. Resurreting them just for this event would unnecessarily complicate things when there already seems to be alot of ground to cover in the next 4 issues

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Killing Bloodstorm was such a waste. She's been more interesting than 616 Ororo has been in the last 32 issues of Gold.
    I don't think killing her was a waste, but I agree with your second statement. Heck, I'll go one further and say that Bloodstorm was more interesting than 616 Storm had been in years, which is why I was sad to see Bloodstorm get killed off. That shot of Scott carrying her out of the restaurant, only for her body to start to dissolve was pretty heartbreaking, even if their relationship was little more than a flirtation.

But does anyone else think it's kinda weird that he shouted out "Bloodstorm" over her instead of "Ororo"? I mean, she was just murdered: I think you can dispense with her codename.

Still, LOVED the issue, and that's saying a lot considering it's been longer than I'd like to admit since I've been genuinely psyched for an X-Story. Bunn's Blue has been very good, but I don't get hyped up about it.

Speaking of Blue, are we going on the theory that the future Magneto went to and the future Young Cable came from/visited are the same timeline? The one in Blue was 19 years into the future, while in Extermination it was 20. I know Bunn's totally uninvolved in the line at this point, but the timing does seem highly coincidental.
    Last edited by Sam Robards, Comic Fan; 08-20-2018 at 06:31 AM.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."