Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

It funny that Cable died here, meanwhile in the annual he's fine and well.

*The annual takes place before Extermination.*

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Cable is a time traveller. Its really not that complicated. Its easy enough to understand that this guy travelled to present day when he was 20 or so years old rather than 50 something
    There's still the problem new readers have of not knowing who everyone is. Someone who sees Deadpool 2 isn't going to see Nate Grey and say,"That's Cable". Cable is an older guy with greying hair. Or if this is the same Nathan Summers. Everyone makes out Cable's backstory to be very difficult to understand, but it doesn't need to be. You can simply it.

I'm just afraid it's the plan is to let's kill off a character a replace him with a younger version who's essentially the same character but without the backstory when it removes the connection Cable has with other characters. Clearly this issue gets that - if Cable wasn't Nathan Christopher and AoC&P didn't happen, then Cable's death would have far less meaning to Jean. I'm far less interested in reading about any new Cable than the current one unless the new one has those connections to Jean, Rachel, Hope, X-Force, etc.

Double post.

Spectacular Member

How likely, do you folks think, the following ending for Extermination is ?

-----
    Some X-character goes back in time to the exact point that old Hank went back, and brought the O5 with him. That X-person then convinces Hank how those actions resulted in a even worse future.
    Hank agrees not to bring the O5 into the 'future' at all.
    So in a end of Age of Apocalypse style 'reset', the O5 never came to the present and probably had their minds wiped (by said X-person or Prof X) at that point and everything is 'reset'
    -----

Now the problem with this theory is that the O5 interacted and interfered with a lot of stories from 2012 onwards, so that would need to be handled, and I can't think how :/

Bloodstorm was the first to go haha
    and she also serves to give Cyclops some manpain, just as usual. I have no idea why Tyke wanted to date her after knowing that Jeen was into him.
    I guess he wanted to score some before going back.

Really nice setup, young cable killing old Cable is a nice twist. I wasnt expecting it

Ajab also is a nice setup

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    There's still the problem new readers have of not knowing who everyone is. Someone who sees Deadpool 2 isn't going to see Nate Grey and say,"That's Cable". Cable is an older guy with greying hair. Or if this is the same Nathan Summers. Everyone makes out Cable's backstory to be very difficult to understand, but it doesn't need to be. You can simply it.

I'm just afraid it's the plan is to let's kill off a character a replace him with a younger version who's essentially the same character but without the backstory when it removes the connection Cable has with other characters. Clearly this issue gets that - if Cable wasn't Nathan Christopher and AoC&P didn't happen, then Cable's death would have far less meaning to Jean. I'm far less interested in reading about any new Cable than the current one unless the new one has those connections to Jean, Rachel, Hope, X-Force, etc.
    Why are you bringing up Nate Grey into this? He isnt in this story and there;s no indication so far that he will be. He hasnt even been used in current continuity in years. He's irrelevant but even if we do consider him, this Young Cable looks like Cable, not Nate. He's just slimmer and younger. His hair is Cable's hairstyle. His costume screams Cable. The guns are Cable's signature weapons. There really is nothing confusing about this character's appearance. You really underestimate the audience bc this is literally what they just did with the O5 and I would say their deal was more complicated. Readers are alot smarter

And about DP2. Movie goers dont translate into new comic readers. If that were the case we would see alot more than the few 10s of thousands sales thats standard. Anyone with the most basic of knowledge can recognize this new guy as Cable and thats without the text even telling a person that

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    ..............................we just saw Bishop front-and-center on the Uncanny X-Men #1 cover.
    4chan rumors, even when right, are rarely 100%. It’s probably just the AU variants being “dealt with” while originals like Bishop, Rachel, etc, are left.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Good issue will check out the rest.

I thought Cable was Madelyn Pryors son?
    I still subscribe to the theory that Stryfe was the real Nathan Summers and Momma Askani lied to everyone’s face.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You really underestimate the audience bc this is literally what they just did with the O5 and I would say their deal was more complicated. Readers are alot smarter
    And the 05 are on their way out probably. Did that experiment really work to reboot characters? And there are new readers starting reading every day. It's not as high as predicted when the movies started, but it is the way people become familiar with the characters. I've got a number of Cable t-shirts and I get asked by random people that see it about the comics. Maybe they remember Cable in the animated series or read X-Men back in the 90s. They want to read the comics and it can be overwhelming.

I'd rather see Stryfe return than try another way to reboot Cable to make it even more complicated, especially if it takes out his relationship with Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I still subscribe to the theory that Stryfe was the real Nathan Summers and Momma Askani lied to everyone’s face.
    This would be so gutwrenching and awesome. But I really won't think they can go back without making it more convoluted. I'm sick of everyone saying Cable is too complicated.
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 08-15-2018 at 11:43 AM.

And the 05 are on their way out probably. Did that experiment really work to reboot characters? And there are new readers starting reading every day. It's not as high as predicted when the movies started, but it is the way people become familiar with the characters. I've got a number of Cable t-shirts and I get asked by random people that see it about the comics. Maybe they remember Cable in the animated series or read X-Men back in the 90s. They want to read the comics and it can be overwhelming.

I'd rather see Stryfe return than try another way to reboot Cable to make it even more complicated, especially if it takes out his relationship with Hope.
    They werent meant to reboot the characters bc with the exception of Jean, all 4 coexisted within the same space as their older selves for years. The concept of their introduction into present day however was not a difficult concept to understand. This one with Cable is alot easier bc he's just one character and now there's one. Anyways, we dont know if the Young one is staying around and if things wont be reset with the older version back by the end. You may be jumping the gun big time

Why is everyone surprised about young Cable? We all saw the eyes in the preview last month. It was either him, Hope, Stryfe or X-Man.

BANNED

This would be so gutwrenching and awesome. But I really won't think they can go back without making it more convoluted. I'm sick of everyone saying Cable is too complicated.
    Honestly it makes Cable a better character too, considering all it meant for him retroactively. He literally reverses Madelyne’s dark path.

BANNED

Honestly it makes Cable a better character too, considering all it meant for him retroactively. He literally reverses Madelyne’s dark path.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Why is everyone surprised about young Cable? We all saw the eyes in the preview last month. It was either him, Hope, Stryfe or X-Man.
    Like you just said, there were multiple options. Even if Cable was one, I dont think people were expecting it to be a Younger version of himself and one that would kill him. That ending was shocking

What I liked:
    The art. Larraz is already a star and I hope Marvel does everything in their power to keep him.
    Tyke actually shown glimpse of the Scott most of us loved. Hopefully his leadership skills improves before being shipped back to the past.
    Jean and Rachel’s affection towards Cable -- even if they didn’t sense his death (which they should have).
    Ahab, along with his hounds actually looked menacing.
    Being totally shocked that Marvel killed Cable. But I know this won’t be the last time we’ll see the big lug.

What I didn’t Like:
    Rachel being useless again. Why can’t the X-office get a handle on her? Give me the powerful, take no prisoners 80s/early 90’s version of her. X-Writers, go read those books and see how different she was from Jean – from her personality, to how she used her powers. No way would a readers get those two confuse so stop treating Rachel like the lesser of the two.

Young Cable in the end. If they go through this whole story and not show Nate Gray, the real young “Cable” then this would be a waste. Plus it looked like this “Cable” isn’t infected with the T-O virus so shouldn’t he be a super power psi? Regular Cable used a little bit of Telekinetic power with the clothes, but the kid didn’t use any, just guns.

Hopefully we’ll see young Cable go up against Tean in a real head-to-head psychic battle.

Overall I'll give it a 7 1/2 out of 10

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I'm sad Bloodstorm died. It was nice how she and Tyke were getting along. At least she had some cool scenes and "feats" while she was around.

Younger Cable killing the Cable we all know is absolutely bananas. We'll have to find out what that means ultimately.

Also unsure on status of Iceboy.

This definitely feels like "Event" though so that's good
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY