Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Thompson said that everyone on the promo won't be in the book. Plus, Eye Boy was on there and Brisson had already confirmed that he was dead. I don't think that promo art will save her.
    I think it proves Eye Boy is alive. Who knows how seriously to take whatever these writers say on twitter.

It makes no sense at all if characters that are currently dead are on that promo art.

Spectacular Member

More and more, I feel like young Cable is an alternate Nathan Summers born to grown up versions of O5 Teen Scott and Jean. Hence no TO virus possibly.

We do sort of know the younger days of original!Cable from older stories, and I don't remember him time travelling all that much as a youngster.

Pretty good, i wasn't interested in the event, but i'm hooked.

I really enjoyed issue #1 and can't wait to see how this all plays out.
    I kind of feel like they should have just brought in Stryfe if they want to have Cable be the bad guy, but young Cable 'fixing' the timeline with extreme methods sounds interesting.

Any theories about who the people sleeping in the pods were at the end??

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Any theories about who the people sleeping in the pods were at the end??
    Aside from Bobby's, the rest are empty. Presumably for the rest of the 05

Quote Originally Posted by gotunandan View Post
    More and more, I feel like young Cable is an alternate Nathan Summers born to grown up versions of O5 Teen Scott and Jean. Hence no TO virus possibly.

We do sort of know the younger days of original!Cable from older stories, and I don't remember him time travelling all that much as a youngster.
    If that was the case, why does he have the scars around his right eye? Those scars are where the TO-Virus entered his body. I'm thinking he's from a reality where Apocalypse kidnapped the real Nathan Christopher in the future and Slym and Redd raised the clone as their son.

Killing Bloodstorm was such a waste. She's been more interesting than 616 Ororo has been in the last 32 issues of Gold.

Bunn spent a like two arcs turning Jimmy Hudson into a Poison to spare him from the same fate?

BANNED

I was reading this in class and Bloodstorm’s death made me sad as hell like she was just getting comfortable in this new universe, everyone she knew and loved from her old one were gone like DAMN can you let a bitch live her life ****! And then when Rachel and Jean saw Cable’s lifeless corpse I felt a tug at my heartstrings bcuz it’s like no matter all the future timelines and cloning BS nobody wants to lose their son or their brother. I’m really looking forward to this event *cues Applause by Lady Gaga*

Quote Originally Posted by Psimitar View Post
    If that was the case, why does he have the scars around his right eye? Those scars are where the TO-Virus entered his body. I'm thinking he's from a reality where Apocalypse kidnapped the real Nathan Christopher in the future and Slym and Redd raised the clone as their son.
    I think that makes things too unnecesarily complicated. I think the theories that he is either the son of the time displaced Scott and Jean or an actual younger version of our Cable that sees his world affected by the changes made by the O5 and is on a mission to fix things make more sense

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think that makes things too unnecesarily complicated. I think the theories that he is either the son of the time displaced Scott and Jean or an actual younger version of our Cable that sees his world affected by the changes made by the O5 and is on a mission to fix things make more sense
    Time travel is never simple
    We can assume Cable's origin story is different this time since Jean and Scott probably left their era before Sinister created Cable. So unless they travel back in time to the era they left and live out the rest of their lives according to storylines established in previous comics, Cable either shouldn't exist or has been created slightly differently than the origin story we've seen before. Unless he can travel from the original timeline to the one where the O5 travel to the present and change things? I wonder how Doc Brown would explain all this.

The T.O. virus is an interesting point since they never showed his arm (on purpose?). I feel like they would still draw the scars just to make him recognizable even if he doesn't have the virus.

This book was beautiful in writing and art.
    >Are those French kids Gambit/Rogue's from the future?
    >Damn, Bloodstorm. Bye. Pity the Tyke/BS relationship got more play on one page than in every issue of Blue combined.
    >And Tyke has more motivation than he has in years... but isn't Tyke the type to read through all the X-Men's mission and villain files? Obviously he isn't as anal as I thought or he'd know Ahab.
    >Those Hound outfits... Always scary sexy. Put one back on, Rachel. Please. For me.
    >Young Man Cable killed Old Man Cable. Wow. I was expecting Hope.
    >Old Man Cable is working for a mysterious 'they' who want the O5 to become different and change the past when they go back? Hmm.
    >My heart hurt when Jean saw dead Old Man Cable then called him her son. Poor Jean really has lost everything she truly cared about.
    >You just KNOW Jean'll tell Rachel she's not her mother at some point coming up... and I will laugh from a bad place. Poor Rachel.
    >Can't wait for the next issue!

Favourite panels...
    Oh, Cecilia!
    ex1.jpg
    ex2.jpg
    ex3.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That was AMAZING!
    Agreed! This was a red hot start to this series. Loved it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Agreed! This was a red hot start to this series. Loved it!!
    I hope it stays that way bc Marvel has had great starts to stories in the past only to have them end in a wimper. (*cough* Ivx *cough*)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    Wow Jean is so cold. I’d expect a mom to at least tear up. But I like her .. she’s so badass
    Jean just came back from the dead. She was prob'ly thinking, "He'll be back!"

Fantastic Member

I didn't expect love this that much! Awesome art and Jean was so beautiful her! Loved Rachel and Jean reacting to Cable's death!! Great read and I was not expecting to be. Very positive thoughts. Young Cable was unexpected by I see him being Jeen's and Tyke's son. Look at these panels.