Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Blaquesmith needs to get that boy on a leash. Total amateur hour over at Clan Askani.

I can’t help but feel like baby Cable’s role should’ve been taken by Hope too.

This was great!

Reminded me of event books like X-Cutioners Song, Messiah Complex and Second Coming. Cable just makes stories better, or I'm very biased.

Hope they dont keep the young version around. I like Cable as the old man bionic soldier. I loved seeing Rachel's reaction to his death. Jean had an odd reaction but then again shes been like this since she came back. Jeen and Tyke displayed more emotion.

I am definitely looking forward to the rest of the series.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

It's a slap but not a shock given the way his title ended. I have peace with the character arc Hope's dad has wrapped up, looking forward to them promoting a tough new version with no TO.

I thought the whole point of Nate grey was to have a young "cable" around lol
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Caped figure was who? And was Iceboy still alive?

so they just passed Rachel over and had Teen Jean use Cerebro instead

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Caped figure was who? And was Iceboy still alive?
    Bobby was placed in a stasis pod. Lil' Nate needs the O5 intact yo complete his duty which I assume is to send them back in time before they destroy the future.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Honestly I’m not sure about that, it looked more like New Cable just knocked him out and took the body. I could be wrong but he wasn’t quite as definitive as Bloodstorm or Cable.
    I think young Cable is collecting the O5 to return them to their proper time-line.

I know this gonna sound confusing, but how do we know that this is in fact a younger version of the original Cable? This is gonna sound like a mouthful but how do we know this isn’t 05 Cable, aka the son of the grown up 05 Cyclops and Jean who never went back to the past and died in the future ?
    Last edited by sifighter; 08-15-2018 at 08:10 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

As I said in the preview thread, this book in one issue has recaptured the drama, angst, and danger that got me into X-Men books back in the late 80's. Brisson has woven a story that brings to light what is at the essence of the X-Men: family and the relationships amongst the X-Men.

Here are my other thoughts:
    - I thought Bloodstorm's exit was well done and gave some emotion to Tyke.
    - AHAB!!! God I have missed this Ahab (I hated the one from Uncanny Avengers)
    - I love that Ahab references meeting Cyclops before, which goes back to "Days of Future Present" (more later)
    - LOVED the scene with Rachel, Jean, and Cable. Although I'm a little disappointed that neither Rachel or Jean felt Nathan's death as both were psi-linked to him. I'm sure there is some explanation as this is the umphteenth version of Cable...
    - Really interested in the "X-Man" young Tyke/Jeen version of Cable and his mission to send the O5 back.
    - I find it EXTREMELY interesting, and I wonder if Brisson did it on purpose, that the first time Cable met Jean and Rachel was during "Days of Future Present" when Ahab came hunting Franklin Richards and Rachel. And now the last time we see them together on panel (for now) is when Ahab re-appears. Such an amazing continuity moment!! I'm excited to see how this event plays out.

Yeah, this was great. I get that duplicates are gonna be the canon fodder of this event, but are there any left besides Bloodstorm?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I am so excited to have this X-quisite art on this book! Can anyone give a head count to those background folk in attendance ? Kudos to any scanners!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    There actually wasn't much in the way of background appearances, save for the dystopian deaths in the preview and lean-in stories. For notable appearances, we have:

The 05
    Bloodstorm (dead)
    Cece Reyes
    Rachel Grey
    Kitty Pryde
    Ahab
    Cable (dead)
    Jean Grey
    Nightcrawler
    Maybe it's the NXM desperation in me, but there was a student in the back with early-Academy X Anole spikes. And another student that could've been Oya.

Also, I'm gonna say the kid with the black hair in front is Julian, just because who's gonna stop me.

Last edited by Tycon; 08-15-2018 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    so they just passed Rachel over and had Teen Jean use Cerebro instead
    She needs all the panel time she can get as she's gone after this event.

But it did strike me as odd that once they figured out it was Cable with Bobby they didn't have Rachel contact him directly as they are psi-linked. And that neither she or Jean felt Cable's death on their own as both of them were linked to Nathan.

This issue had some expected and unexpected things. Bloodstorm's death was expected thought it certainly happened earlier than I would have thought. Cable's death was definitely unexpected. Though I had figured out halfway through the book if the mystery person wasn't a Cyclops, it was a Cable. Though the young Cable twist surprised me. Cable though will never be gone forever, too easy to undo with the time travel replacement. Unless of course, after this event Time Travel is no longer an option. And that could also mean goodbye Rachel. Which, I can see happening and being the tragedy that leads into Uncanny X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    This issue had some expected and unexpected things. Bloodstorm's death was expected thought it certainly happened earlier than I would have thought. Cable's death was definitely unexpected. Though I had figured out halfway through the book if the mystery person wasn't a Cyclops, it was a Cable. Though the young Cable twist surprised me. Cable though will never be gone forever, too easy to undo with the time travel replacement. Unless of course, after this event Time Travel is no longer an option. And that could also mean goodbye Rachel. Which, I can see happening and being the tragedy that leads into Uncanny X-Men.
    She's in the promo art for Disassembled so for now Rachel is safe in Extermination.

BANNED

Bloodstorm death was so good and so appreciated. Cables death was unexpected