Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    I don't think killing her was a waste, but I agree with your second statement. Heck, I'll go one further and say that Bloodstorm was more interesting than 616 Storm had been in years, which is why I was sad to see Bloodstorm get killed off. That shot of Scott carrying her out of the restaurant, only for her body to start to dissolve was pretty heartbreaking, even if their relationship was little more than a flirtation.

But does anyone else think it's kinda weird that he shouted out "Bloodstorm" over her instead of "Ororo"? I mean, she was just murdered: I think you can dispense with her codename.

Still, LOVED the issue, and that's saying a lot considering it's been longer than I'd like to admit since I've been genuinely psyched for an X-Story. Bunn's Blue has been very good, but I don't get hyped up about it.

Speaking of Blue, are we going on the theory that the future Magneto went to and the theory Young Cable came from/visited are the same timeline? The one in Blue was 19 years into the future, while in Extermination it was 20. I know Bunn's totally uninvolved in the line at this point, but the timing does seem highly coincidental.
    The X-men are wearing the same exact costumes as they are in the Extermination mini tie-ins. I dont think thats a coincidence. The Magneto stuff is a tie-in

BANNED

Who are these two kids? Why were they added to the story? My guess: it's not by accident. But the point is... are they heroes or villains?

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Who are these two kids? Why were they added to the story? My guess: it's not by accident. But the point is... are they heroes or villains?

I dont know why my first thought went to Fenris

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont know why my first thought went to Fenris
    My gut reaction after finishing the issue was that they were sent by Ahab to infiltrate and mark his targets, which doesn't jive with his normal techniques. Before going to the mansion the only mutants they interacted with were the Blue team. I'm assuming they will have some relevance to the plot but it's interesting they are French, have no memories of who they are, and have no pigmentation to them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    My gut reaction after finishing the issue was that they were sent by Ahab to infiltrate and mark his targets, which doesn't jive with his normal techniques. Before going to the mansion the only mutants they interacted with were the Blue team. I'm assuming they will have some relevance to the plot but it's interesting they are French, have no memories of who they are, and have no pigmentation to them.
    Bingo!

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The X-men are wearing the same exact costumes as they are in the Extermination mini tie-ins. I dont think thats a coincidence. The Magneto stuff is a tie-in
    I realized that once I saw a scan from the one-page preview posted earlier in the thread. Guess I'd forgotten what unis they were wearing.

I guess the end of Blue will lead into the beginning of Extermination, but it's always weird to me when the event starts before the lead-in ends.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

I realized that once I saw a scan from the one-page preview posted earlier in the thread. Guess I'd forgotten what unis they were wearing.

I guess the end of Blue will lead into the beginning of Extermination, but it's always weird to me when the event starts before the lead-in ends.
    IA. To me it reads, "Hey, so the series you are reading is coming to an end and we're relaunching. So while this new series/event may spoil how your series ends, you'll be ok reading that in advance. The writer knows that their ending won't affect what we have planned and so the ending is inconsequential."

I get if you are relaunching a line, you need to get things all tied up and given various publishing schedules it can be hard. But it also screams "these last few issues don't matter to the new writers so you may not need to read them".

It could be worse, it could be in the middle of a writer's run and their book is majorly changed without their say and they are stuck with the pieces...

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

IA. To me it reads, "Hey, so the series you are reading is coming to an end and we're relaunching. So while this new series/event may spoil how your series ends, you'll be ok reading that in advance. The writer knows that their ending won't affect what we have planned and so the ending is inconsequential."

I get if you are relaunching a line, you need to get things all tied up and given various publishing schedules it can be hard. But it also screams "these last few issues don't matter to the new writers so you may not need to read them".

It could be worse, it could be in the middle of a writer's run and their book is majorly changed without their say and they are stuck with the pieces...
    At least Blue gets a tie-in: everyone just seems to want Gold to end as quickly as possible, after which people will simply try to forget it ever happened.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

BANNED

At least Blue gets a tie-in: everyone just seems to want Gold to end as quickly as possible, after which people will simply try to forget it ever happened.
    What's Gold?

Young Nate looked yummy.

Bloodstorm wasn't a big shock to me...she wasn't the same Bloodstorm from Mutant X and she was barely on the team....I completely forgot about her when the O5 were fighting Magneto until she showed up because she wasn't included with them in team shots. Marvel didn't give us a reason to care.

If you want more Bloodstorm go read Mutant X. Highly recommend it.

Can't wait to see Rachel disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    What's Gold?

Young Nate looked yummy.

Bloodstorm wasn't a big shock to me...she wasn't the same Bloodstorm from Mutant X and she was barely on the team....I completely forgot about her when the O5 were fighting Magneto until she showed up because she wasn't included with them in team shots. Marvel didn't give us a reason to care.

If you want more Bloodstorm go read Mutant X. Highly recommend it.

Can't wait to see Rachel disappear.
    I don't think she's on the chopping block as much as others think now. Sorry not sorry.

BANNED

I don't think she's on the chopping block as much as others think now. Sorry not sorry.
    If she goes...great...if not...oh well. You can argue she's her own character, but Marvel only ever brings her forward from the background when Jean isn't alive, or around. If they really wanted to make her her own character pull a Cuckoo and have her dye her hair, or shave it...do something so she doesn't even look like Jean at all.

If she goes...great...if not...oh well. You can argue she's her own character, but Marvel only ever brings her forward from the background when Jean isn't alive, or around.
    Considering the fact that Jordan White's favorite all-time X-team is the original Excalibur and there are some of the writers are also fans (well, Guggs really like Excalibur too and look how that turned out), but I'm not sure they'd exactly say Rachel was only in the forefront when Jean was gone.

I think we might see a return of Excalibur or perhaps Rachel going back to Cable since there's no need for her to be the team telepath required for X-Teams with Jean back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Considering the fact that Jordan White's favorite all-time X-team is the original Excalibur and there are some of the writers are also fans (well, Guggs really like Excalibur too and look how that turned out), but I'm not sure they'd exactly say Rachel was only in the forefront when Jean was gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani
    I think we might see a return of Excalibur or perhaps Rachel going back to Cable since there's no need for her to be the team telepath required for X-Teams with Jean back.
    LOL

10/char

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Since the solicit stated "EVERY X-Team", my guess is Brisson is either gonna go with all the current teams of get REALLY weird & fun with it and send the O5 throughout time. Like PD's X-Factor team protecting Bobby, or the Outback team watching after Warren or etc etc
    Well, as we've seen OG X-Force members Warpath, Domino, Cannonball, Shatterstar & Boom-Boom with Jean on the cover of Extermination #3, it's fully possible other teams will guard Cyclops, Angel & Beast. Introducing that element of time travel would be really neat. I'd love to see Gen X, X-Factor, Excalibur or the Extinction team with the other members of the O5.

I don't think killing her was a waste, but I agree with your second statement. Heck, I'll go one further and say that Bloodstorm was more interesting than 616 Storm had been in years, which is why I was sad to see Bloodstorm get killed off. That shot of Scott carrying her out of the restaurant, only for her body to start to dissolve was pretty heartbreaking, even if their relationship was little more than a flirtation.

But does anyone else think it's kinda weird that he shouted out "Bloodstorm" over her instead of "Ororo"? I mean, she was just murdered: I think you can dispense with her codename.
    I'm with you on that. Bloodstorm, even with her minimal development, has been far more interesting than 616 Ororo has been in recent years. A pity, when an alternate take on a character is an improvement on their counterpart. I do think it's a shame that Bloodstorm lost her life so soon after her debut, even if I understand why they did it. And the scene was pretty heartbreaking, with Scott finally plucking up the courage to ask her out, only for her to be killed on their date, and dissolving into ash in front of him, as if she had never existed at all.

And I agree that not callling her Ororo in this particular circumstance was quite peculiar, but I think it has just been a matter of distinguishing between Bloodstorm and Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post

A theory surfaced earlier in the thread that they may be living bombs planted by Ahab or another antagonist, which could result in the extermination of Cecilia Reyes and/or anyone else at the mansion. I believe this to be likely. Or perhaps they're just spies. Regardless, I doubt their mysterious arrival in the lives of the X-Men was entirely coincidental.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post

I think we could be facing an Excalibur revival in the near future. Jordan White and a handful of writers are fond of the concept. I'm not sure they'd attach Nightcrawler to a splinter team (nor would I want them to) but it could be a great way of making use of Kitty + Rachel now that other X-Men are filling their respective roles in the core X-Men (or could be). Cerise, Nocturne or Juggernaut returning to Excalibur could be interesting, and I can name a half-dozen other X-Men that I'd love to see on such a team. Elsa Bloodstone or Faiza Hussain too.

LOL

10/char
    The two things he said don't really contradict each other at all if you read it carefully. The first one was just shade at Emma lol.