Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Well, I got what I was promised. Good issue.

The male hound really looked like Vanisher (circa KYost's X-Force)

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I know this gonna sound confusing, but how do we know that this is in fact a younger version of the original Cable? This is gonna sound like a mouthful but how do we know this isn’t 05 Cable, aka the son of the grown up 05 Cyclops and Jean who never went back to the past and died in the future ?
    Agreed. It's most likely the ''05'' version or Stryfe. Considering the past comics written about young Cable (616) it doesnt make sense for him to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    She's in the promo art for Disassembled so for now Rachel is safe in Extermination.
    Thompson said that everyone on the promo won't be in the book. Plus, Eye Boy was on there and Brisson had already confirmed that he was dead. I don't think that promo art will save her.

She needs all the panel time she can get as she's gone after this event.

But it did strike me as odd that once they figured out it was Cable with Bobby they didn't have Rachel contact him directly as they are psi-linked. And that neither she or Jean felt Cable's death on their own as both of them were linked to Nathan.
    Are they psi-linked? Jean died and she's only had one background appearance with Cable in the wedding issue. A psi-link hasnt been established since her return. I dont recall Rachel and Cable interacting since he came back from the dead years ago to establish that as still being a thing either

Is it just me or do her Hound marks look like scars here and not tattoos?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    so they just passed Rachel over and had Teen Jean use Cerebro instead
    Found that odd as well. Rachel is the more experienced telepath of the two and logically should have been using Cerebro if not guiding Teen Jean.

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

This was great! Some thoughts -
    - Cable’s death was really a shock, and the reveal of the hooded figure being young Cable was completly unexpected. I really thought it would be Hope. Hopefully she still shows up though, with her dad being dead and all.
    - Bloodstorm is also dead! I wouldn’t say she’s my favorite alternate reality character ever, but she definatly made an impression.
    - Jean & Rachel’s reactions to Cable’s death were great.
    - I don’t know much about Ahab (still making my way through Claremont’s run), but he seems pretty menacing.
    - I’m guessing young Cable is trying to bring the O5 back to their original time and that’s why he didn’t kill Bobby.
    - The art was amazing! Can Larraz draw every X-Book?
    Top DC: Batman, Wonder Woman, Damian Wayne, Stephanie Brown, Barbara Gordon, Red Hood, Flash (Barry), Supergirl, Black Canary, & Green Arrow
    Top Marvel: Jean Grey, Ms. Marvel, Wolverine, Daredevil, Miles Morales, Jessica Jones, Magneto, Rogue, Storm, & Havok

This was a book I read immediately in the comic book shop. The art was gorgeous and those colors were so lush. Visually this book was just as strong as the writing.
    -I didn't expect those deaths an they didn't hit me that hard as I had no attachment to Bloodstorm and never really connected with Cable.
    -I love this "push" for Tyke. I'm a huge Cyclops fan, but never really liked Tyke. Hopefully Bloodstorm's death will make him a more interesting character (though he won't be around too much longer, I suppose).
    -The action and pacing were excellent. I was certain O5 Bobby was gonna get iced (I couldn't resist) and I was shocked to see the reveal as a young Cable who was NOT Nate Grey (who I always felt was young Cable).
    -Ahab is annoying as ****. but, I guess he's supposed to be.
    -It looks like the remaining O5 need to be captured (not killed) and then sent back. Also, Brisson's letter at the end was a nice touch to assure us our back issues mattered.
    -I'm assuming there is a future where young Cable's plan doesn't work because we've seen the O5 all grown up without Bobby. Looking forward to the next issue, but I love the O5 and will be sad to see them go.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I felt sad for Bloodstorm's death because I was thinking what was the point of her and well she dies lol. Her fading away was also kinda sad since she was in Scott's arm and everything before that with their conversation.

Jean's reaction could've been better but the "my son" made up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I thought the whole point of Nate grey was to have a young "cable" around lol
    I was waiting for Nate to show up and nothing. He better show up...

Like isn't she stronger than Jeen? I was waiting for Rachel to shove her off the seat and take care of things.

Rachel response to Cable's death was sad. Really felt like a sister lost a brother.

Pretty exciting start. If you're going to off cable glad they pulled in all the relevant players right from the get go (but where's Hope these days?). Definitely looking forward to the next issue.

At first she was looking for young Bobby, so since they have a stronger correction that's not surprising. She wasn't expecting to see Cable there.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Thompson said that everyone on the promo won't be in the book. Plus, Eye Boy was on there and Brisson had already confirmed that he was dead. I don't think that promo art will save her.
    SSSSHHHH LET ME LIVE IN THE REALITY THAT SHE ISN"T KILLED YET

Are they psi-linked? Jean died and she's only had one background appearance with Cable in the wedding issue. A psi-link hasnt been established since her return. I dont recall Rachel and Cable interacting since he came back from the dead years ago to establish that as still being a thing either

Is it just me or do her Hound marks look like scars here and not tattoos?
    Psi-Link: Given how many versions of Cable we've seen it's probably not incorrect that they weren't psi-linked to this Cable. But both Jean and Rachel were specifically linked to him (both last shown around the time of Jean's death).

Houndmarks: I think they are different than the tattoos the other hounds had as she was the first and she's had them removed before (and hidden them).

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Pretty exciting start. If you're going to off cable glad they pulled in all the relevant players right from the get go (but where's Hope these days?). Definitely looking forward to the next issue.

At first she was looking for young Bobby, so since they have a stronger correction that's not surprising. She wasn't expecting to see Cable there.
    that doesnt matter. Rachel has years worth of experience over Jean. I think as a veteran, she'd be the logical choice to use Cerebro

BANNED

As I said in the preview thread, this book in one issue has recaptured the drama, angst, and danger that got me into X-Men books back in the late 80's. Brisson has woven a story that brings to light what is at the essence of the X-Men: family and the relationships amongst the X-Men.

Here are my other thoughts:
    - I thought Bloodstorm's exit was well done and gave some emotion to Tyke.
    - AHAB!!! God I have missed this Ahab (I hated the one from Uncanny Avengers)
    - I love that Ahab references meeting Cyclops before, which goes back to "Days of Future Present" (more later)
    - LOVED the scene with Rachel, Jean, and Cable. Although I'm a little disappointed that neither Rachel or Jean felt Nathan's death as both were psi-linked to him. I'm sure there is some explanation as this is the umphteenth version of Cable...
    - Really interested in the "X-Man" young Tyke/Jeen version of Cable and his mission to send the O5 back.
    - I find it EXTREMELY interesting, and I wonder if Brisson did it on purpose, that the first time Cable met Jean and Rachel was during "Days of Future Present" when Ahab came hunting Franklin Richards and Rachel. And now the last time we see them together on panel (for now) is when Ahab re-appears. Such an amazing continuity moment!! I'm excited to see how this event plays out.
    You mean scott messed up again?

Good art and plot not so much.

Maybe it's because of not liking time travel but seriously the mysterious character is Young Cable and killing his older version?

And Bloodstorm's death is far from unexpected.

The problem is that we already know how this will end despite all the deaths and carnage we know that this will be reversed at the end or almost everything reversed. I have no reason to buy this comic but think it might be worth to some for the art or be curious about the outcome of the story involving the O5.

The only good point is that finally the O5 will return to the past.

Art 9
    Plot 4
    Rank total 6 of 10
    Last edited by Knives; 08-15-2018 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    You mean scott messed up again?
    I have no clue where you got "Scott messed up again" from my post. I don't know how that could be inferred, from the post or the book.

If anything based on the story it's how Cable messed up again....

this doublepost is tiresome.....