Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Everyone thinks the killer is Cable bc of the ending but what if thats a red herring and its actually Stryfe?
    the last page calls him nathan summers

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    4chan leaks were spot on

All alts are going and we'll be left with a young cable
    I don’t recall any 4chan leaks mentioning anything about a young Cable?

Also, for everyone saying he doesn’t have the T-O virus, how do you know? His left arm is covered up. Also, his right eye scars. They’re from the virus. If he doesn’t have it, he wouldn’t have them.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    the last page calls him nathan summers
    hence why I wrote "bc of the ending"

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

hence why I wrote "bc of the ending"
    right, sorry. i read your message wrong.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Well you know what they say about red heads and souls.

You-- you know that CABLE killed Cable right? So we still have a Cable. A duplicate.. if you will.

which was my only complaint about the death.... that part was total crap. lol

damn, you're brutal. Leave my Cable alone!

So Im assuming this takes place after the current arc of Red? I wonder why is Jean still in Atlantis. It really bothers me how slow the plot of Red has been moving in relation to everything else
    I'm sorry boo. you know I love u. but cable issa no.

and yes I have no idea what's going on. isnt Atlantis getting destroyed in the next issue? did extermination happen before the next issue of red?? who knows.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I liked this, which is surprising because I haven't really enjoyed an X-Men event comic since probably AoX. The art was amazing. I'm hoping Iceman being the first one captured doesn't mean he'll be MIA for the rest of the issues.

I really loved this issue but DAMN it would've been so much better if it had been Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Oh, bugs, I forgot that was even out today. Was it MM's future kid that bit it, or did Warlock's TO virus consume that mutant kid?
    The future kid. Even sadder when you realize that it was directly Madrox Dupe's fault. The paneling reminded me so much of when Icarus died.

Wow, Hope is such a flop messiah that editorial couldn't even be bothered to use her again when an opportunity presented itself.

Oh well, at least she had her moment on the big screen this summer... getting fried by Firefist.

Really enjoyed this. The art and pace were great and I also liked Brisson's letter at the end. He seems gracious on Twitter: "Thanks everyone for the kind words on Extermination #1. @PepeLarraz, @RGBSEXONPSDS and I poured our hearts into this series and I'm thrilled that people are digging it."

Bloodstorm's death was expected by many but it touched me anyway for sure. Poor Scott, he was so upset.

Cable's death shocked me to the ground! His execution made me sad as well as the reactions of his family. I totally understand Jean's reaction - she comes back to life and everything is pretty screwed up. She's processing in her own way.

I'm very curious about this young Cable. Son of Scott and Jean? Scott and Madelyne? Where/when did he come from? Thank you Brisson!

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    The future kid. Even sadder when you realize that it was directly Madrox Dupe's fault. The paneling reminded me so much of when Icarus died.
    Oh, right. The other kid's in the other Rosenberg mini. It's been that kind of week. Thanks for the update.

If the result is a young Cable (an new X-Man type character), then does that really fit with the Cable many people have been introduced to Deadpool and future movies? How much more complicated does that make it for new readers to explain who this new Cable is and why he's so much younger than movie Cable?

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Is Bobby really dead?! I thought they couldnt kill the originals. Im definitely picking this up now for the Rachel/Jean/Jeen/Cable panel time.
    Bobby seems to be on a chamber, ready to go back in time?

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    If the result is a young Cable (an new X-Man type character), then does that really fit with the Cable many people have been introduced to Deadpool and future movies? How much more complicated does that make it for new readers to explain who this new Cable is and why he's so much younger than movie Cable?
    Cable is a time traveller. Its really not that complicated. Its easy enough to understand that this guy travelled to present day when he was 20 or so years old rather than 50 something

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Lord, give me just five years of X-Men stories without alternate universe doppelgangers, time travel, space travel, and child murder.
    We are not so lucky.

For every dead copy or sent back to their own time others are created or brought to this reality.

Because it's so much easier to play with this concept and undo everything as a magic trick than to create a character from zero and make him relevant or interesting or use some character already created but for some reason only serves to be an extra in the scene's background.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Really strong start. Art and colors were beautiful! A really nice moment for Cyclops in this, after BloodStorm's death. Her time here was going to be limited, and although I wasn't very attached, it was sad to see that happen to her. Poor Scott. Didn't expect Cable's death, and I'm curious to what happened now, and especially after the reveal of the younger version. I don't think Jean was being cold, but just trying to be strong for her younger self and Rachel. Can't wait for the next issue.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 08-15-2018 at 10:56 AM.