Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picard vs. Kirk

Default Picard vs. Kirk

Probably been done a gazillion times.

Can Picard fight 3 of Kirk's Enterprise ships at the same time? 5?

Edit: PICARD GETS HIS DARN SHIP LOL. HATE.
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 08-15-2018 at 06:30 PM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Probably been done a gazillion times.

Can Picard fight 3 of Kirk's Enterprise ships atbthe same time? 5?
    Assuming you mean the original Enterprise from TOS versus the Enterprise-D, all I can go by is the Mirror Universe Enterprise episode where Mirror Archer got his hands on a 23rd century Constitution class ship, basically equal to Kirk's Enterprise, and conquered the entire Earth with one ship.

I would imagine that even several of the Constitution class ships simply would not have the fire power to do anything against the Enterprise-D although that's admittedly A-B-C logic but it's all I've got here.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member

It's a weird situation because Kirk's Enterprise has feats that surpass anything done by Picard's ships, even though Picard's tech is nearly a century more advanced. They hadn't settled on the tech level yet during TOS.

One question I have is how the Bird of Prey from Generations compares to earlier Birds of Prey. The model was the same as the one used in Undiscovered country, and in the movie they even called it outdated and no longer in production. And even with cheating and such, it was able to take out the Enterprise D.

The Galaxy Class was poorly designed in my opinion. It suffered catastrophic damage to the engines that would have caused it to blow up even if the battle had stopped during Yesterday's Enterprise, and that was with shields still up. In another episode it blows up because another ship hit its nacelle. Then it gets destroyed for good by an obsolete Klingon light cruiser. It really seems that any damage to engineering could cause the warp core to blow up the Enterprise, even through the shields. I feel that if the D had taken the same damage that Kirk's ship did in Wrath of Khan where the Reliant shot up engineering with the shields down, it would not have survived the opening shots.

Not that I think Kirk would win. A gap in tech is a gap in tech, but I think the Constitution class is closer in actual performance than the generational difference would suggest, because the Constitution Class is much better designed for its time than the Galaxy Class. The Constitution Class did serve as the most powerful ship in Starfleet for about 40 years before beginning to be phased out, while the Galaxy Class was replaced by the Sovereign after just 8 years.

I also think that you can't extrapolate how the Archer-era Enterprise did against the Defiant with how the TOS era Enterprise would fair against the D. Not only was Archer's ship also not all that well designed, it didn't have shields or phasers, though later on it did get a crude early version of the photon torpedo. In contrast, the D didn't really have any armaments that the TOS Enterprise didn't. It had stronger shields, phasers, and torpedos, but the tech was fundamentally the same.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

If you want to be a good captain, there's only one question you need to ask...
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

No, he'd suffocate in space before the fight even began. You need to start him off with at least a ship first.

Seriously, if we're using the most recent version of Picard wouldn't he be in a Sovereign Class ship as opposed to a Galaxy?

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    No, he'd suffocate in space before the fight even began. You need to start him off with at least a ship first.
    Did he ever have a Space surviving power-up? I know Riker did some time as a Q...

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Did he ever have a Space surviving power-up? I know Riker did some time as a Q...
    Possibly while he was Locutus. Borg have been shown to be able to survive and operate in vacuum in First Contact.

Not exactly the kind of thing that can take on an Enterprise by itself still.

I'm gonna channel my inner Pendaran and declare "I hate you all. Hate."
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I get that a lot.

We're assuming standard equipment and an arena fight, right?

So Picard gets maybe a hand phaser and stands there on the ground while three starships are flying around targeting the guy.

I really don't think Picard is going to win this one.

We're assuming standard equipment and an arena fight, right?

So Picard gets maybe a hand phaser and stands there on the ground while three starships are flying around targeting the guy.

I really don't think Picard is going to win this one.

Edit: It appears this post was duplicated in a freak transporter accident.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Awesome thread.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

So, does Kirk have a fleet of 3-5 Constitutions under his command, or does each Constitution get its own Kirk?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    So, does Kirk have a fleet of 3-5 Constitutions under his command, or does each Constitution get its own Kirk?
    1 ship gets OG Shatner Kirk. 1 gets reboot Pine Kirk. 1 gets robo-Kirk. 1 gets mirror universe Kirk. And 1 gets the 2 half-Kirks from that transporter accident.