Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Picard vs. Kirk

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

If Picard gets the D, he's in command of a glass cannon ship that when allowed can really go nuts on firing phasers and torpedoes...But really can't take hits when the shields are gone/bypassed. Galaxy class starships will only get more tank like by the time of the Dominion War...Seriously, those ships can be refitted into beasts when Starfleet tries.

But with the E? Yeah, Picard murders those heavily outdated ships.

...Unless all Kirks decides to board Picard's ship and go Kirk Fu on everyone while leading swarms of red shirts while multiple Bones and Spocks bicker among one another during the chaos.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Depends which Enterprise Picard has

Enterprise E would have zero problems with this fight. Constitution Class Ships are beyond out gunned here.

Enterprise D? I always viewed Kirk as the better captain in the battlefield. Kirk was able to figure out and take down unknown enemies like the Romulan Bird of Prey and superior opponents like the Doomsday Ship which destroyed and consumed planets. Enterprise D isn't going to be enough against 3 Kirks working together.

BANNED

OK, so we're talking about multiple Kirks going up against a man who has likely studied every detail of every action he's ever taken while in command, several times over. With a better ship, better tech, and...a Soong Class android at his disposal.

IMHO Data is going to be the biggest factor in this fight, and it will likely turn out even worse for the Kirks if Picard puts Riker at the helm(we're talking about someone who is likely better at flying capital ships than Tom bloody Paris...)

Assuming Picard has the Enterprise-E at his disposal, which is the most advanced ship to date besides the Enterprise-J, we're talking about Quantum Torpedo spams, and likely Tricobalt weapons if Geordi gets time to synthesize/build them.

Either one should handle the shields of a Constitution class fine.

Top it off with the massive Phaser arcs Picard has at this disposal going by the fight against Shinzon, this is going to be a short battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Depends which Enterprise Picard has

Enterprise E would have zero problems with this fight. Constitution Class Ships are beyond out gunned here.

Enterprise D? I always viewed Kirk as the better captain in the battlefield. Kirk was able to figure out and take down unknown enemies like the Romulan Bird of Prey and superior opponents like the Doomsday Ship which destroyed and consumed planets. Enterprise D isn't going to be enough against 3 Kirks working together.
    Not sure of that. Kirk's situations were really nothing beyond Picard's tactical skills. Granted it's a different genre and Picard can't take those one in a million chances and have them always work. But most of the solutions in TOS were pretty straightforward.

Anyway, is this a bloodlusted scenario by default? I believe the rules still state that opponents will do everything within their abilities to win. This means Picard is going to open up with everything he's got. I don't see three Constitution class ships being able to do much. Then again, I don't know all the feats enough to be sure but sounds like, at best, Picard should win but may not.
    Power with Girl is better.

OK, so we're talking about multiple Kirks going up against a man who has likely studied every detail of every action he's ever taken while in command, several times over.
    You think Kirk's Starfleet reports were accurate?

Not sure of that. Kirk's situations were really nothing beyond Picard's tactical skills. Granted it's a different genre and Picard can't take those one in a million chances and have them always work. But most of the solutions in TOS were pretty straightforward.
    There was an issue of a marvel Star trek comic were Q and Trelane altered reality as part of a duel between them.

They took Kirk and put him on the Next generation crew as captain and made the crew think he'd always been there.
    Likewise they put Picard on the original crew as Captain.

Then they put Kirk in a situation where his gung-ho attitudes would be sure to get him killed and did the same for Picard, a situation where there was no way he could use diplomacy to get him out of it.

Turned out, Picard is perfectly capable of combat tactics and Kirk ain't that bad at diplomacy either.

Shame it was only a short story. I would have loved an entire mini series like that.
    Last edited by Alan2099; 08-17-2018 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    You think Kirk's Starfleet reports were accurate?
    I'd imagine his reports were just a recounting of which space vixen he'd been with that night.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Swiss army nerd

Honestly, given the rate at which a Galaxy Class can fire phasers, from multiple banks, while simultaneously launching torpedoes, I don't give the 3-5 Constitutions much of a chance here. Vastly superior technology plus an outstanding crew. Picard is a tactical genius, which is often forgotten. Has a maneuver named after him, which he came up with on the spot against an unknown enemy. And he'll know exactly what this enemy is capable of. That's before we take into account Riker, who had an episode all about how good a tactician he is, while also being a tremendous pilot. Then Data, a game winner on his own. And Geordi for random tech upgrades on the fly. And this is all in the Enterprise D.

Give them the Enterprise E and the fight's over before it starts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post

Give them the Enterprise E and the fight's over before it starts.
    I forgot one other thing Picard might be able to procure... WESLEY CRUSHER. We know he did some ridiculous stuff before even qualifying for the academy. Post-academy, when he has everything together, PLUS Geordi and Data working with the central AI of the Enterprise E?

Good not, this looks.