Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Justice League #6

Well the arc stated off very promising. My only complaint was the manner in which Joker took out Hawkgirl.

The art is still great. Very vibrant and fluid.

I still feel this story is trying to do a little too much. Snyder doesn't have to make things this overly intricate and interwoven.

Anyway big improvement from last issue, which I didn't like (because nothing happened). The arcs headed toward its conclusion. I believe Snyder's probably going to pull a Bendis and not give this arc the closure it probably needs but use this as a spring board into the next arc/event.
    The J-man

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I really like the ever-escalating "HOLY$#!+WE'REALLGONNADIE!" vibe that Snyder is going for each issue. The Legion of Doom issue helped break it up and keep Jorge on art (where he is absolutely killin' it).

There's perhaps a bit too much going on, but I would rather have too much to unpack than not enough. I hope some of these new ideas actually get explored at some point. Snyder looks like he's juggling a lot and moving things so fast, we don't notice the flaws, like that he still hasn't figured out what to do with Superman.

All in all, it depends on whether he can stick the landing. Even though each arc is going to build to the next crisis, which will in turn lead to another one, there's got to be a satisfying conclusion emotionally for the characters, otherwise it's all a bunch of sound & fury, signifying nothing.

Is the Moon still gone? And has it shown up in any other DC comics over the last few months, or is every other series happening before this one?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Is the Moon still gone? And has it shown up in any other DC comics over the last few months, or is every other series happening before this one?
    An upcoming issue will be all about repairing the moon according to Snyder, so the other titles won't have to bother dealing with a broken moon unless they want to.

Incredible Member

Dialogues and monologues are like coming from a children's book. I nearly burst into laugh when I saw "Joker has never been so happy. He's not sure what's left to do"...
    And Snyder did a shxt job on Sinestro.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    An upcoming issue will be all about repairing the moon according to Snyder, so the other titles won't have to bother dealing with a broken moon unless they want to.
    Thank God...breaking the moon just made it too over the top, a parody like “The Tick” instead of something meant to be taken at all seriously...

This story is kinda turning into a typical Snyder run. He throws out a bunch of interesting far out ideas but doesn’t put the story together in a cohesive way. It’s starting to remind me of Metal. There were a lot of high concepts and cosmic occurrences but by the end of the story I really didn’t care about the outcome.
    I’m a huge fan of Grant Morrison so I usually love the mind bending high concept stuff. But Snyder doesn’t put the pieces together well enough. Just my opinion.