Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Return of Carnage teased? Web of Venom: Carnage Born announced

Looks like Good Ol’ Cletus is coming back in November with the help of a Cult:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/08...-carnage-born/

WEB OF VENOM: CARNAGE BORN #1
    DONNY CATES (W) • DANILO S. BEYRUTH (A)
    Cover by KYLE HOTZ
    VARIANT COVER BY IAN BEDERMAN

Join DONNY CATES as he continues to snake his tendrils through the VENOM mythos – this time visiting the sickening sociopath called CARNAGE!

• A cruel cannibal obsessed with death and murder, few mourned Cletus Kasady after he seemingly died in VENOMIZED.

• But now a cult devoted to the madman has gathered, hoping to resurrect their fallen idol and return his madness to the Marvel Universe...
    54B82EFF-F77A-4B75-AA74-5FC8AAEBA84E.jpg
    Last edited by Denirac; 08-15-2018 at 08:51 AM.

I sincerely hope so. While Red Goblin was an interesting concept there is only one true Carnage.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

It's great to see Kyle Hotz back; he did the awesome artwork for the Carnage one-shots in 1996. And I'm really glad that Cates is doing the writing, as he's killing it on Venom.

I am surprised that people think Kasady is dead, as he has survived floating around space due to his symbiote, and now has the Poison carapace to protect him as well.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Good time to be a Venom fan. Im on board. Between Venom, Ve'nam and Carnage born not to mention the First Host im really excited for eddie and venoms future
    X-Men Forever

great, more mass murderers get their own mini series. pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Bro, what?

It's nice to see Venomized acknowledged. I wonder if that means we might see Poison Carnage or just a general explanation of the Poisons in Cates' Venom.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

First of all its a one shot. Second whats your prob
    with it.
    X-Men Forever

not a carnage fan. he should have stayed in the sun where Sentry threw him.

Personally, I thought Sentry was a far worse character than people claim Carnage is.
    At least carnage has a consistent personality. and power set. And origin.

I hope that they are doing something interesting with, Carnage isn't a bad villain, but he isn't the kind of character that should appear very often.

Incredible Member

Never understood the hate Carnage/Cletus Kasady gets. Granted, some of the stories he has been the focus off could have been better. But the reality is Carnage can really become something special if the right writer came around.

Cletus is the perfect foil for Peter Parker. Peter's parents died and he was raised by two loving relatives. Cletus set up his abusive father to be executed and then he was put into the system and turned into an even bigger evil than he already was. Peter has the power and responsibility. Cletus is pure chaos. If Cletus had been written in a similar way to the Christopher Nolan version of Joker in The Dark Knight, we may have something better than just "kill, kill, kill".

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Personally, I thought Sentry was a far worse character than people claim Carnage is.
    At least carnage has a consistent personality. and power set. And origin.
    I couldn't agree with you more. At the very least Carnage has a pleasing overall design.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Never understood the hate Carnage/Cletus Kasady gets. Granted, some of the stories he has been the focus off could have been better. But the reality is Carnage can really become something special if the right writer came around.

Cletus is the perfect foil for Peter Parker. Peter's parents died and he was raised by two loving relatives. Cletus set up his abusive father to be executed and then he was put into the system and turned into an even bigger evil than he already was. Peter has the power and responsibility. Cletus is pure chaos. If Cletus had been written in a similar way to the Christopher Nolan version of Joker in The Dark Knight, we may have something better than just "kill, kill, kill".
    That's actually a shockingly good point. If Venom is the anti-Spider-Man, Carnage could just as easily be the anti-Peter Parker. Hell, there's even a version of Spider-Man that was a sociopath in the making before getting spider-powers, and if he'd survived fighting Morlun in his one-shot debut, he could've very well been as bad as Kasady, if not worse.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spider-Man = Mario
    Scarlet Spider = Luigi
    Venom = Wario
    Carnage = Waluigi

-Pav, who just wanted everyone to be aware...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details