Question Require Feedback - Peter/MJ/Felicia Related Story Idea

Hello all, inspired by recent events in Amazing Spider-Man, and a loosely related idea I had, I've come up with a concept for a new fanfic (I know, I know I have too many stories already) -

Basically, Spider-Man gets split into two entities during the Alien Costume Era (I'm not sure how yet or who, if anyone, is the cause). One will be standard Spider-Man with his cloth red & blue uniform. The other will be alien suit Spider-Man whose costume becomes integrated into his DNA and can be, for short periods, be absorbed through his pores (think April Parker from the old Spider-Girl comics). Red & Blue Spidey ends up dating MJ while the edgier anti-hero (due to the symbiote influence) Black Suit Spidey dates Black Cat instead. For a few days, these two confused Peters keep missing each other at their apartment until each stumbles upon the other. They then butt heads. I'm not sure if the split would be permanent or temporary. If the latter I think Black Suit Spidey would eventually take the moniker Obsidian Spider (in part to match with Black Cat). Of course, this development means no Venom or Carnage but hey I've done several stories featuring them already.

So, what do you think my fellow fans? Should I pursue this idea for a future fanfic or is it trash that I shouldn't bother with?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Sounds bonkers enough to try.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Hello all, inspired by recent events in Amazing Spider-Man, and a loosely related idea I had, I've come up with a concept for a new fanfic (I know, I know I have too many stories already) -

Basically, Spider-Man gets split into two entities during the Alien Costume Era (I'm not sure how yet or who, if anyone, is the cause). One will be standard Spider-Man with his cloth red & blue uniform. The other will be alien suit Spider-Man whose costume becomes integrated into his DNA and can be, for short periods, be absorbed through his pores (think April Parker from the old Spider-Girl comics). Red & Blue Spidey ends up dating MJ while the edgier anti-hero (due to the symbiote influence) Black Suit Spidey dates Black Cat instead. For a few days, these two confused Peters keep missing each other at their apartment until each stumbles upon the other. They then butt heads. I'm not sure if the split would be permanent or temporary. If the latter I think Black Suit Spidey would eventually take the moniker Obsidian Spider (in part to match with Black Cat). Of course, this development means no Venom or Carnage but hey I've done several stories featuring them already.

So, what do you think my fellow fans? Should I pursue this idea for a future fanfic or is it trash that I shouldn't bother with?
    I don't see why you don't give it a go since it's fanfic. I've read worse ideas for a fanfic. Could always write it onto your personal word (or whatever you use) before putting it online, that way you can decide if it's working

It has some promise.

The Beyonder could be used to explain why there are two Spider-Men.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Thanks to everyone who has already replied. At the very least I think this concept deserves further consideration on my part.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."