Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default SDCC FIRST LOOK: Johns & Frank's "Batman Earth One" Volume 2

The superstar creative team deliver the sequel to their Batman origin with a little Killer Croc to help kick things off.

Full article here.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Sweet looking! Can't wait to see how it looks when its all done.

Wow...it's actually coming out?

Next year perhaps

Astonishing Member

Gorgeous art.

I just wish you know ... it wasn't Batman Earth-One, haha. But Croc looks fantastic. I've been trying to take a more holistic approach to out-of-continuity tales and art like this is going to help.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

That suit is so much better than his current gear. I love the muted symbol with the armored plate backing it. It looks like a functional item, rather a giant advertisement for a toyline stuck on his chest.

Looks great. It is good to hear DC will be giving the Earth One line more love as I feel it is a highly underrated line they have and not used enough. I also really enjoyed the whole idea of Earth One Batman and how different he is.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

Incredible Member

Love Batman Earth One. I cannot wait for this. Croc looks awesome... kinda wish they would give him the same personality that he had during the Don Newton run, where he had was actually smart. Either way looks great and looking forward to it.

Gary Frank's pencils look so f'in good they should package a special edition for nuts like me who want to look at everything pre-inked. Or repro directly off the pages as they did with Gene Colan's pencils.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I just don't have much interest in Geoff Johns doing BATMAN. There's a lot of writers out there who could have done a much better BATMAN: EARTH ONE book, and left Johns to do a character he can actually work with.

BANNED

Sooo awesome.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Awesome news, just picked up Vol One of Batman Earth One in the 75th Sale Yesterday and whilst I haven't finished it yet it seemed like an interesting take, so a sequel is great to hear.

Beautiful. I love Earth One, but the wait for these books is agonizing. However, it's usually worth it and I'm always willing to wait for awesome comics.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

The first volume was nothing short of brilliant imo, both storywise and visuallywise. This scene looks really exciting. Not only is it exciting, but it's really suspensful, and you can feel how desperate Batman would be in his first fight against someone like Croc. I love how he try to use the same technique with his cape than in volume 1, but this time it doesn't work.

Oh, goody, more Geoff Johns' Batman.

Le sigh.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

Beautiful art. First one was ok, def different take on it, which is good.

But when it comes to writing incompetent Batman Johns is second to none that's for sure