Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

I don't understand why people are arguing about power levels here. The scene and the whole situation have nothing to do with this. It's not a fight. The O4 are just... Talking normally and he just does it. There's no fight and I can't see how exactly Jean could have stopped it.

Mighty Member

I really liked how Xavier/X was portrayed in this issue. For too long Xavier was the X-men's whipping boy, everyone was blaming and criticizing him for any and everything. Scott kicked him out of his own house and he was essentially exiled from the X-men. And never did he stand up for himself or push back, he just took all the crap that came his way. Then of course he was killed. But now he's back, reborn in a sense. He has a new attitude and agenda, and from the looks of things he is no longer gonna be anybody's whipping boy. Judging by the annual X is poised to have a presence in the narrative going forward and i'm happy for that. The character asassination of Xavier was overdone and tiresome and Xavier himself was cuckolded and treated like ****. Both in universe and by readers. X is a hard reset for Xavier, younger and as powerful as ever. I hope to see alot of him in the future, whether working with or without the X-men. But regardless I don't want a kowtowing, apologizing Xavier. I want a X that takes no crap and gives zero f#@ks. He's one of the most powerful mutant/beings on the planet, he should be a major player in mutant affairs. Maybe start a whole new team to be an alternative to the X-men. Redefine and recommit to his dream for a new era because clearly the X-men have gone away from it.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Kinda like how some storm fans do on this forum anytime she loses a fight? Or someone even suggests she could lose a fight? Lol. Every fan base has them. It’s sad.
    well storm fans have valid point. the jean fans who attacked him didn't. x is a more powerful telepath than jean.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't understand why people are arguing about power levels here. The scene and the whole situation have nothing to do with this. It's not a fight. The O4 are just... Talking normally and he just does it. There's no fight and I can't see how exactly Jean could have stopped it.
    Yes I agree. I suppose some people see it as a fight or something that could have been avoided if one were weaker/stronger than they are.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Her instincts and training ought to have prevented the mind-wipe. Either, Jean was being overly trusting, she was taken by surprise since she was busy shouting, or she has gotten rusty. She *is* a powerful telekinetic, but he is the world's premier telepath. He overpowered her before in the Dark Phoenix Saga, which is a shame. You'd think Jean would have successfully fought him off in order to prevent the patriarchy from dominating her one more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Her instincts and training ought to have prevented the mind-wipe. Either, Jean was being overly trusting, she was taken by surprise since she was busy shouting, or she has gotten rusty. She *is* a powerful telekinetic, but he is the world's premier telepath. He overpowered her before in the Dark Phoenix Saga, which is a shame. You'd think Jean would have successfully fought him off in order to prevent the patriarchy from dominating her one more time.
    this makes the most sense. Jean's been dead for 14 years and just returned. This probably took place just a few issues after PR. She hasnt had much chance to train too much and I doubt she's had to face off against many if any villians in this time. She's definitely not at her peak

BANNED

So I re-read this and I'm just not feeling it.

Not digging the idea that the X-Men are actually joyless in their endeavors and hate their lives, that they were dragged into this by a nefarious bald man and can't leave.

I don't like the shadow it puts over the idea of the X-Men at all, really.

I hope we don't cut ourselves on this comic's edge.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Rosenberg back true to form, sucking and sucking. Every bit as pointless of a read as that Kitty annual.

Rosenberg, thru Jean, calls out some nonsense about weaponized nostalgia, but that is all Rosenberg seems intent on doing. This is all characters continuing to spin their wheels in mud.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    this makes the most sense. Jean's been dead for 14 years and just returned. This probably took place just a few issues after PR. She hasnt had much chance to train too much and I doubt she's had to face off against many if any villians in this time. She's definitely not at her peak
    Xavier also just returned from the dead. Shouldn’t he be rusty too?

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Charles spent the entire time psychically battling Amahl Farouk. Jean Grey spent it waitressing. Marvel is an incredibly sexist institution.

No as he's been battling the Shadow King for quite some time. He came back at his peak

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Charles spent the entire time psychically battling Amahl Farouk. Jean Grey spent it waitressing. Marvel is an incredibly sexist institution.
    Waitressing sounds more stressful than spiders.

No as he's been battling the Shadow King for quite some time. He came back at his peak
    So he came back exhaused while Jean had a nice restorative Phoenix nap?

So he came back exhaused while Jean had a nice restorative Phoenix nap?
    No. He never claimed to be exhausted

No. He never claimed to be exhausted
    Yeah, battling Shadow King on infinite planes of existence simultaneously is a breeze.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yeah, battling Shadow King on infinite planes of existence simultaneously is a breeze.
    Xavier is apparently the bestest, most powerful uber telepath so yeah it was a breeze for him