Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Astonishing X-Men Annual 1 (2018) spoilers

spoilers:
    The issue starts of with Jean Grey inviting the rest of the Original 3 to dinner. Jean chooses a very fancy restaurant that does not allow pets. Beast isn't adequately dressed and in true Emma Frost fashion makes the bigoted attendant feel small.

Iceman and Archangel arrive. Shots are fired at Rachel Summers obsession with trying to worm her way into Jean Grey's life.

Suddenly dinner is interrupted. A non-bald Xavier walks in everyone is surprised except Warren. He says he's crashing their pity party and decides to actually teach his X-Men in true Silver Age fashion by tossing them into a mission without any details and without them knowing.

Xavier is controlling, he requires his students stay with him. He even picks out what clothes they should wear. Bobby mentions this to Jean about being weird.

They attend a bar nearby as a group for drinks. Beast is started on by a racist local.

Anyway they eventually realise this place is familiar. Known for mutnat hating. Turns out Xavier brought them here to rid The villain this story Lucifer's hold on the town
    Xavier tries to use his powers to severe the link peacefully manages so with Beast but not with the rest of the town.

Lucifer tries to take control of the team but Angel decapitates him. The 03 freak.

Fights about always finding a way. Xavier scoffs and tells them this would happen if the X-Men did not exist. So be happy you did something good.

He mind wipes every single one of them. The team has no idea what happened and they meet for dinner the next day.

Themes:

Child soldiers
    Co-dependency
    Xavier's relationship with Jean (sexual thoughts)
    Xavier dominating his team and mind wiping them all with ease
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-15-2018 at 11:55 AM.

Funny how Warren can remember X but can't remember the countless times the X-Men fix his Archangel problem.

He should have taken them on tour to find Cassandra Nova. Xavier was ruthless.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    He should have taken them on tour to find Cassandra Nova. Xavier was ruthless.
    Why? So Xavier could admire himself in the mirror?

His actions this issue were borderline sociopathic.

All he was missing was a white corset and knee high boots. A what if Xavier recruited Emma Frost would be very interesting

Astonishing Member

I get it x is going to be a villain in the near future. Taking his radical idea of what's needed for mutant piece to the stream setting the xmen back to square 1. Why do they continue to ruin xavers character

He is written very closely to his Silver Age self here. Xavier and Magneto are two sides of the same coin he contains the ruthlessness of a supervillain - Chris Claremont in X-Men companion

"I thought he was cruel" Cyclops in the issue after the DPS

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I get it x is going to be a villain in the near future. Taking his radical idea of what's needed for mutant piece to the stream setting the xmen back to square 1. Why do they continue to ruin xavers character
    Patrick Stewart is the Xavier we need.

I was never a fan of Xavier but at least had some admiration for the character before all the lies now can not even feel it for this copy that came after the arc with SK in Astonishing.

Every time I see him something inside me says that he is dangerous and does not deserve trust. I do not understand why Pyslocke allowed him to walk around free?

The very fact that he takes someone else's body is already a red-level alert .

As for the issue itself found it weak and with holes in the plot so rank 4 of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    All he was missing was a white corset and knee high boots. A what if Xavier recruited Emma Frost would be very interesting
    This reminds me of a recent episode of DBZ Abridged.

Cell: "And how did you get that power?"
    Goku: "I got it by eating some sick aliens."
    Cell: "Goku, that's disgusting."
    Goku: "WHAT?! You eat people all the time!"
    Cell: "Yes... and I'm a monster."

There were definite shades of Massachusetts Academy Emma here. Cold, ruthless, not caring at all if the students are unsure or uncomfortable.

She only needed every single one of them to die horribly to realize that acting like that isn't healthy.

Uncanny X-Men 149

Uncanny X-Men 138 - Cyclops recap.

"Yes. To me his character has a degree of cold dispassionate ruthelessness that is the equal of any super-villain" - Chris Claremont on Xavier. Citation below

Fantastic Member

Wasn't it revealed that this X person isn't really Xavier at all but the Shadow King?

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    Wasn't it revealed that this X person isn't really Xavier at all but the Shadow King?
    And then revealed to really be Xavier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    The very fact that he takes someone else's body is already a red-level alert .
    To be fair it was only Fantomex, so nothing of value was lost.