Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

This was a good issue. I am curious about Marvel's plans for X

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I dont think the writer actually intended on doin what he explained on Twitter. from what I read it seemed some fans were bullying him and he gave an explanation to take heat off of him. its unfortunate he would need to do such a thing but it shouldnt be a surprise that Xavier was able to do what he did to jean. hes a freaking powerful psi.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Regarding jean being easily mind wiped: the same way Karnak knocked her out with a pebble in ivx. When you’re not looking for something to happen I guess it’s easy for it to go by unnoticed.

I mean the pebble in ivx was more of a stretch but I could see jean here not having her guard up and getting mindwiped. She had no reason to be on guard.

Edit: apparently The writer even confirmed this is the explanation
    Where was this confirmed on Twitter in fact Rosenberg said he disagreed with the user and wrote the complete opposite. He mind wipes her as Rosenberg considers him more powerful even Morrison thought this and Jean had the pf at the time

She was also in a combat situation do her guard would not be lowered as you say. And he would not have been able to to do it do thoroughly

https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/stat...733761536?s=19

There are some Jean fans hounding him in Twitter though
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-17-2018 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Where was this confirmed on Twitter in fact Rosenberg said he disagreed with the user and wrote the complete opposite. He mind wipes her as Rosenberg considers him more powerful even Morrison thought this and Jean had the pf at the time

She was also in a combat situation do her guard would not be lowered as you say. And he would not have been able to to do it do thoroughly

yes this what I was talking about. it's absolutely insane. the issue was really good and its not like it was a no name telepath. it was xavier.

edit this isn't the thread I was talking about but jean Dan's are going in on him.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

For the most part, I thought that this annual was better than most of the regular issues of Astonishing. I thought that the story was really good. I thought the four characters all interacted well. I especially liked that it was Beast teamed with Iceman, and Jean teamed with Angel. Those are the two pairings of the 04 characters that seam like the best friends to me.

The only thing that I did not care for was the way that Warren was portrayed as having to deal with his split personality issues. That's already been fixed twice since Archangel came back. I think they just should stick with Bunn's story that Warren is always in his Archangel form and doesn't have split personality issues. And I don't care that Warren killed Lucifer. Those are just my opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    To be fair it was only Fantomex, so nothing of value was lost.
    completely disagree. i love fantomex

Fantastic Member

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/08...-men-annual-1/

This article was super-informative, and helped put more of the Lago stuff in perspective. Charles made the right choice without a doubt.

BANNED

Well, well, well, but Tom Taylor said they were the best X-fans ever.

9C631A54-47CB-4FFB-A728-ACAC4101A843.jpg

I’ve always had a similar explanation for fights in comics. I feel people take transitive property and series history too literally when it comes to rumbles. Any fights, any sports match, can go either way depending on a ton of factors not just power level. I don’t see why any fan of any character gets upset if they lose to someone perceived to be of a weaker power level. A win or loss in itself doesn’t prove anything in permanence.

I just enjoy taking the powers as they come, which is one reason I didn’t feel Bent out of shape about jean gettin knocked out by Karnak or getting mind wiped by Xavier, nor do I feel a need to find scans where jean has shown powers stronger than Xavier. To me it’s just irrelevant. What happens happens.

So yea anyone going after him on Twitter... that’s dumb. Lol.
    Last edited by Grey; 08-17-2018 at 10:40 AM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    9C631A54-47CB-4FFB-A728-ACAC4101A843.jpg

I’ve always had a similar explanation for fights in comics. I feel people take transitive property and series history too literally when it comes to rumbles. Any fights, any sports match, can go either way depending on a ton of factors not just power level. I don’t see why any fan of any character gets upset if they lose to someone perceived to be of a weaker power level. A win or loss in itself doesn’t prove anything in permanence.

I just enjoy taking the powers as they come, which is one reason I didn’t feel Bent out of shape about jean gettin knocked out by Karnak or getting mind wiped by Xavier, nor do I feel a need to find scans where jean has shown powers stronger than Xavier. To me it’s just irrelevant. What happens happens.
    8 hours later he posted the tweet above saying he let the comic speak for itself and disagreed with the poster.

Regardless if Jean was exhausted so was Xavier as they both were fighting Lucifer

8 hours later he posted the tweet above saying he let the comic speak for itself and disagreed with the poster.

Regardless if Jean was exhausted so was Xavier as they both were fighting Lucifer
    I’m not so sure that we are disagreeing. My point isn’t that one is or isn’t stronger or should be the winner. I’m just starting that I don’t see any need for explanation for jean being mind wiped. It happened, regardless who is stronger. Some folks can’t swallow what happens on panel.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

edit this isn't the thread I was talking about but jean Dan's are going in on him.
    Kinda like how some storm fans do on this forum anytime she loses a fight? Or someone even suggests she could lose a fight? Lol. Every fan base has them. It’s sad.

exactly. I believe he did this to get the fans off his back... this again is Xavier not some low rate mutant telepath.

BANNED

Am I right in thinking that Xavier erased their memories of learning their "lesson" but not the lesson itself?

Xavier didn't brainwash them into being hopeful. He told them they still have a choice.