Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    IDK, looks like they're the winners there, when it comes to current X-teams. Be careful, butthurt can become you.
    So Land and a new writer gives the book a #1 esque boost, your point? Alex-thrown-into-timeout-by-the-Avengers-and-kicked-out-by-Kitty-Summers, Piotr-left-at-the-altar-and-drunk-off-his-ass-Rasputin, Xombie-Banshee, Dazzler-washed-out-on-tour, and fired-Beast are losers. That's a certifiable, in-book-referenced story point. Warpath is cool; he's the only one with his head screwed on right at the moment.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    So Land and a new writer gives the book a #1 esque boost, your point?...
    That maybe the premise itself--despite your disparaging bile--about down on their luck X-remnants seeking redemption & a newfound purpose, is more enticing to the market than what else is being offered, in regards to the other Mutant team titles. And when were they referenced as losers in their own book, I don't recall that?
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 08-16-2018 at 06:00 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    I don't get what this story was trying to accomplish. Will there be a follow up?
    Foreshadow that x will take his idea of what's needed for mutants to a radical extrem where he becomes the villain in the future setting the xmen back a few years

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

This issue was a bit better than people made it out to be. People still write Bobby as if he switched places with his Amazing Friends self.
    So Lucifer is a psychic virus now? People were salty but it worked for the story's conflict between the O4 and X. I haven't finished Soule's Astonishing X-Men arc but I guess that means X's Archangel fix was only temporary and it still shows up as a defense mechanism.

6.5/10
    + X is a jerk
    - Give Bobby better jokes
    - Art was a roller coaster. It was pretty good when Warren cut that guy's head off and the racist started tripping.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    So why are we angry that cyclops killed that psycho?
    Because he’s better than Cyclops. Who is also a psycho.

Mighty Member

From the top floppy copies ordered by retailers, in July:

33. Astonishing X-Men #13 - 48,504
    42. X-Men Red #6 - 36,808
    47. X-Men Gold #31 - 34,842
    48. X-Men Gold #32 - 34,409
    62. X-Men Blue #31 - 29,346
    65. X-Men Blue #32 - 28,839
    96. Weapon X #20 - 21,428

IDK, looks like they're the winners there, when it comes to current X-teams. Be careful, butthurt can become you.
    I am butthurt xD I can’t stand Alex, colossus n Beast.
    I do like Dazzler tho.

I really liked how X is a such a bastard. Very classic Xavier. Hope he turns up in a team. The actual plot and story I didn't really care for. Kept reminding me of that Annual from the 90's where Gamesmaster takes over the town and makes everything better.

Extraordinary Member

From the top floppy copies ordered by retailers, in July:

33. Astonishing X-Men #13 - 48,504
    42. X-Men Red #6 - 36,808
    47. X-Men Gold #31 - 34,842
    48. X-Men Gold #32 - 34,409
    62. X-Men Blue #31 - 29,346
    65. X-Men Blue #32 - 28,839
    96. Weapon X #20 - 21,428

Careful with that, Marvel sent a lot of free copies after retailers did not order what they hoped. It ranked 48th in dollars while X-Men Red #6 was 43rd indicating retailers order more of Red. Dollar-wise (which would be closer to amount actually ordered) it landed right between the two issues of Gold.

The crown jewel of this annual was Bobby comparing his 2lbs-in-under-a-minute-burger-consumption to Jean's phoenix-driven-eating-disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Because he’s better than Cyclops. Who is also a psycho.
    NAW Gurl.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Careful with that, Marvel sent a lot of free copies after retailers did not order what they hoped. It ranked 48th in dollars while X-Men Red #6 was 43rd indicating retailers order more of Red. Dollar-wise (which would be closer to amount actually ordered) it landed right between the two issues of Gold.
    You are correct: BleedingCool.com, Comic Shops to Receive Free Copies of Astonishing X-Men #13, Old Man Hawkeye #7. Which makes sense, as that puts it right where early digital sales analysis, suggested it would be. I should've known, as the devil's always in the details. And 48K did seem a whole lot better than what I was eXpecting, which was about what it actually ended up doing. Oh well, live & learn, I guess. And remember not to let your enthusiasm cloud your judgement, and overlook things, that are plainly staring you right in the face.

Still, it'll be interesting to see where the follow-up #14 lands, as it should be a truer indicator of retailers' speculation on overall interest. Hopefully, it maintains enough & levels off some, before it likely ends around the time that Uncanny begins.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 08-16-2018 at 11:14 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    The crown jewel of this annual was Bobby comparing his 2lbs-in-under-a-minute-burger-consumption to Jean's phoenix-driven-eating-disorder. ...
    Same, which was one of a few reasons why, that I thought this no-filter Iceman didn't feel like...

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    ... he switched places with his Amazing Friends self.
    ... I guess that means X's Archangel fix was only temporary and it still shows up as a defense mechanism. ...
    Also would say this was more of an offense mechanism. He knew what he was doing, it didn't seem reactionary, more like intentional. Hence why he bowed, I thought, to hide the early stages of his transformation. The Angel of death came across to me, as judge, jury, & eXecutioner, willingly so.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    spoilers:

Themes:

Child soldiers
    Co-dependency
    Xavier's relationship with Jean (sexual thoughts)
    Xavier dominating his team and mind wiping them all with ease
    end of spoilers
    So, basically, more character assassination of Xavier in the same vein as Whedon's Danger arc and Brubaker's Deadly Genesis. Pass.

Too many of the core cast are morally compromised beyond rehabilitation at this point. Just a bunch of dysfunctional assholes. No one left to root for.

**** it. Time to drop the continuity bomb, and start over. No more deconstruction. No more cynical, gray-and-black morality. Get a Kurt Busiek or a Geoff Johns type to reboot the X-Men as heroes again--likable, sympathetic people worth spending time with. Bring them back as people I want to see succeed, not a bunch of morally handicapped anti-heroes I'd rather see brought to justice.

After Secret Wars, Marvel should've left the 616 X-titles dead and just run with X-Men '92 as the new core title. THOSE were the X-Men as they should be. I liked those X-Men. I enjoyed reading their stories. They're good people.

If I want depressing, hypocritical assholery, I'll watch the news.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

When did Xavier's and Jean's relationship come up? He brought them to the town and pissed off before they grouped back to find Hank and Lucy.

I can give some rope for Xaviers behavior. He died, had a piece of brain used by the Red Skull, was taken captive by the Shadow King and now inhabits a completely new body. What struck me as odd was the teams reaction to him from the get-go. I don't recall the OG5 ever hating Xavier. Yes, they had their disagreements, but there was never any real disgust with him that ever recall. That, and youd think thered be a bit more excitement at finding out your mentor was alive again.

BANNED

I wouldn't say hate as much as, mistrust. Which with all things considered, and given the current situation especially, seems plausible.