Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    That's my main point here.
    Emma did not start a team on the facade of benevolence. The Hellfire Club was pretty upfront for the most part. And the trauma left on the O5 by Xavier has been shown to be much worse anything any psychic has ever done bar Shadow King and Karma

If you read their origin stories from the original run, this is no speculation.
    I've read all their origins. That's simply not true and Beass wiping of his home town was also later deemed to be unnecessary. It's speculation to say that as the MU has numerous paths they could take

Mighty Member

@Yogaflame

The thing with Emma, she was portrayed as ruthless, manipulative and badass since forever. And she did have a character development where she tried her best to be heroic but she never took the role of the “good girl” or “heroine”. She was still her self but on the good side.
    And then, lately the writers have been turning her into a psychotic person which is annoying but it’s not a shocker cuz essentially that what who she is. Emma was never portrayed as a saint n never tried to act like one.

But xavier, oh hooo, the guy is considered to be a pacifist ... he talks about morals n values but he lacks em.
    Enrolling kids to go n do missions, mind wiping their memories n continuously lying to them.
    He is a hypocrite. Unlike Emma n Erik.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Emma did not start a team on the facade of benevolence. The Hellfire Club was pretty upfront for the most part. And the trauma left on the O5 by Xavier has been shown to be much worse anything any psychic has ever done bar Shadow King and Karma
    At least most of Xavier's students are still alive....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

You're way too angry. Try yoga.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

At least most of Xavier's students are still alive....
    They've all died at some point, some more then others

Mighty Member

If Xavier hadn't acted:

Scott would have been manipulated by a diamond-skinned telepath into a life of petty crime. Facts.

Hank would have been enslaved by the Conquistador. Facts.

Bobby would have been lynched by his townspeople with the help of the police. Facts.

Jean would have stayed in a catatonic stupor. Facts.

Maybe Warren would have been okay on his own, but not the others.

Further, the entire world would have been destroyed by the Z'Nox aliens if he hadn't gone into seclusion and prepared a plan that utilized his expertly trained 'child soldiers'(who were all over 18 by then) in perfect tandem.

I mean I never said Xavier was bad .. he did do some good things. But he’s a hypocrite
    And btw Him helping these youngsters could be for his own benefits. He helped them cuz he wanted them to do his work. I can see thro him xP

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    You're way too angry. Try yoga.
    Seriously.

Oh "hi Kitty, I'm sure we'll be great friends", five minutes later blows up an ice cream shop and puts the X-Men in cages.

"Emma Frost has never pretended to be nice!"

Mighty Member

@Yogaflame

U r joking right? Her being nice doesn’t mean she advocate for peace or try to act like she has the moral high ground. That’s Xavier hypocrisy

And btw, Emma comments to Kitty r usually sarcastic.
    Last edited by Abbz_A; 08-15-2018 at 11:52 PM.

Can we discuss the annual and not someone's burning hatred of Emma Frost, please?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I don't get what this story was trying to accomplish. Will there be a follow up?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Can we discuss the annual and not someone's burning hatred of Emma Frost, please?
    What’s there to discuss? the chapter was boring xD

All I'm saying is, Emma was created to be a counterfoil of Xavier in the first place. Both were rich white telepaths. Both ran schools. Both had dreams. Xavier built his school to train superheroes to save the world, to prove to humans that mutants were useful and should be accepted. Emma built her school to turn mutant children into commodities to be bought and sold for the wealth and power of the Inner Circle of the Hellfire Club. It's that simple.

Xavier has done a lot of messed up things, but almost always he was actually looking out for the greater good. And he didn't act out on his most base of being the vast majority of the time, even though he could and make it so that no one would even know.

I thought this issue was a better use of this new edgy "X", reiterating the main story in 1-12, but aside his first students. And Lucifer was actually a huge deal in the original run, moreso than Magneto even. He's from Sirius or something, the whole big plot focuses on him and a lot of other aliens in the original run. Mutants as a concept are rather vaguely distinguished at that point. Lots of random underground societies, monsters of the week, etc type of plots back then. It's kinda interesting, no one plays with those themes anymore, so it was cool to see that bought up again in this issue.