Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    He did it to Cyclops so there's precedent. And tried to do it to Amelia Vought
    So all of the lessons Charles learned between when the X-Men kicked him out for exactly that reason (among others) and when he died on Utopia never took, huh?

Of course I forget that this IS Modern Marvel, where characters are stuck in time and progression doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    So all of the lessons Charles learned between when the X-Men kicked him out for exactly that reason (among others) and when he died on Utopia never took, huh?

Of course I forget that this IS Modern Marvel, where characters are stuck in time and progression doesn't matter.
    X's current form is more surprising considering how nostalgic TPTB seem to be about resetting things back to the classic status quo of decades ago

Did everyone forget that this Xavier was locked in a battle with the Shadow King for years and also has a leather jacket now ?

Did he learn any lesson? In X-Men Legacy 216 I thought it showed he learnt nothing there. Like he was still grubbing around people's brains. He tried to make amends and step back I guess but he did say he would have kicked the Hulk into space along with the rest of the Illuminati

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfPsylocke View Post
    Did everyone forget that this Xavier was locked in a battle with the Shadow King for years and also has a leather jacket now ?
    Except it seemed pretty clear that Xavier defeated Shadow King in that battle.

Except it seemed pretty clear that Xavier defeated Shadow King in that battle.
    Exactly my point. What would your personality be like if you were locked in battle with devil constantly for years on the astral plane?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I get it x is going to be a villain in the near future. Taking his radical idea of what's needed for mutant piece to the stream setting the xmen back to square 1. Why do they continue to ruin xavers character
    With Extinction X out: Why do I get the feeling that we’ve already met the main bad guy of the event ?

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfPsylocke View Post
    Exactly my point. What would your personality be like if you were locked in battle with devil constantly for years on the astral plane?
    That's.... a good point actually.

Though it does raise the ethical question of who wants to be led by the nose by a person so messed up from that experience.

Through out the 12 issues of Astonishing, X is saying he is X, not Professor Charles Xavier. I don't understand people not understanding that. The last page of Astonishing 12 are his words: "I am not Xavier. I am X. I have a new dream."

He spent countless years in Astral Plane fighting and being corrupted by Farouk. He is just a part of Xavier, but much more. I like this character very much and I'm liking where he is going.

The issue is not perfect, but I enjoyed it a lot. Very different from what I expected from this reunion. Intrigued about the future plans the X-Office has for him. It seems now Psylocke and Warren know about X being alive.

Fantastic Member

While I liked Extermination, I found this horrible and I was more excited for the interractions here. Jean was useless and she let Xavier mind wipe her? That's really sad. And If what was said above has happened then I willbe more angry.

Didn't like the annual at all. Boring, with not so good art and jerk Xavier. I so wanted Jean to punch him. I think it served no purpose. Also Rosenberg after PR fails at my eyes once again. While I liked his Jean here nothing happened. Really disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    Through out the 12 issues of Astonishing, X is saying he is X, not Professor Charles Xavier. I don't understand people not understanding that. The last page of Astonishing 12 are his words: "I am not Xavier. I am X. I have a new dream."

He spent countless years in Astral Plane fighting and being corrupted by Farouk. He is just a part of Xavier, but much more. I like this character very much and I'm liking where he is going.

The issue is not perfect, but I enjoyed it a lot. Very different from what I expected from this reunion. Intrigued about the future plans the X-Office has for him. It seems now Psylocke and Warren know about X being alive.
    Jean Grey did scan his brain though and confirmed it was their Charles Xavier. In fact there was resentment there at the start because it was their Charles Xavier.

This just shows that Rosenberg will be fine on a team book by spreading around the love. Just because Rosenberg does not worship the udder of one character does not mean he hates the character. In the greater context of this story he was to show two things

The O5 have a right to be annoyed and they did not have a choice. Xavier made that life decision for them and set them on that path despite knowing despair lay ahead he then proceeded to make the mind wiping decision for them to. Because as Claremont stated he views them as ipso facto incompetent

The second point is a rather sad one. That without the X-Men Lucifer would have taken over the world. Without the X-Men they'd be no world. So choose to live or die.

This was an excellent reading of the relationship between Xavier and the O5. Up there with Carol Danvers pregnancy/rape and Claremont calling out that story for what it is

Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-15-2018 at 04:38 PM.

He's the real Xavier. The whole "I'm not Xavier, I'm X" it's just his edgy bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    He's the real Xavier. The whole "I'm not Xavier, I'm X" it's just his edgy bullshit.
    Frank Miller once said something to the extent of "Now we have a re-telling of Casper the Friendly Ghost where he has a murder fetish and a closet of severed fingers and I feel like the point got lost somewhere."

The X-Men books suffer most when they try to run the angle of "Charles is every bit as much a horrible person that Erik is". It reeks of trying too hard to make things dark and edgy.

Frank Miller once said something to the extent of "Now we have a re-telling of Casper the Friendly Ghost where he has a murder fetish and a closet of severed fingers and I feel like the point got lost somewhere."

The X-Men books suffer most when they try to run the angle of "Charles is every bit as much a horrible person that Erik is". It reeks of trying too hard to make things dark and edgy.
    How could you sanitize the Silver Age? He made Beasts entire town forget him. Beast reunites with his love and best friend in Marvel Comics Presents and that story is actually pretty well done.

Xavier's dark side the dark urges killed billions in X-Men ND the micronauts and tried to rape Dani and Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    How could you sanitize the Silver Age? He made Beasts entire town forget him. Beast reunites with his love and best friend in Marvel Comics Presents and that story is actually pretty well done.

Xavier's dark side the dark urges killed billions in X-Men ND the micronauts and tried to rape Dani and Kitty
    Exactly. Xavier works in two ways: Either as a hyper dangerous antagonist, the closest we got was Onslaught or Cassandra Nova. Or as the mentor struggling to find a peaceful path for mutants, the role most associate with him. Having him be this Magneto-styled hyper edgy "hurt who I need to for mutants" archetype and yet having the X-Men follow him is a negative path for the franchise IMO.