Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Exactly. Xavier works in two ways: Either as a hyper dangerous antagonist, the closest we got was Onslaught or Cassandra Nova. Or as the mentor struggling to find a peaceful path for mutants, the role most associate with him. Having him be this Magneto-styled hyper edgy "hurt who I need to for mutants" archetype and yet having the X-Men follow him is a negative path for the franchise IMO.
    The cuddly Xavier is from the 90s. It was brief and only came about from the X-Mem TAS show which did a terrible job representing the real Xavier.
    His stint as nice was brief as even in the 90s we got Onslaught. And X-Men Hidden Years which is a laugh. And then the 00s we got more skeletons.

Even during the New Mutants era he was an *******.

Spectacular Member

Pointless issue unless Marvel is trying to establish Xavier as a villain alongside Magneto and Emma. Maybe he'll be the one who brings back Apocalypse and becomes a horseman himself. Maybe Xavier and his "new dream" are what the X-Men fight next.

Not sure what this means about how X-Men Red fits into continuity. If this happens before X-Men Red, then I have no idea why Cassie Nova is going after Jean not Xavier. Unless Xavier and Cassie are in cahoots.

This is just a way of sidelining him or giving him a different role. If he was back to being nice he'd be team leader

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The cuddly Xavier is from the 90s. It was brief and only came about from the X-Mem TAS show which did a terrible job representing the real Xavier.
    His stint as nice was brief as even in the 90s we got Onslaught. And X-Men Hidden Years which is a laugh. And then the 00s we got more skeletons.

Even during the New Mutants era he was an *******.
    Yeah, like many things X-Men the 90's show was the touchstone for Xavier in the minds of people. He's by no means perfect there but he's WAY less sketchy than the comics Xavier has been from pretty much day 1.

Amazing Member

I don't like X, he's too creepy. I've never liked Charles but this version is so weird. I'm pretty sure he will try to hit on Jean, don't give telepathy to a creep like that guy. And this book was boring.

I enjoyed the issue, art was ok and i liked the Original 4(?) interactions, but i dont like this Xavier.. I haven't read Astonishing before #13 so i dont know how or why he's in Fantomex' body and so much different to his previous self, but it was kinda wierd seeing him behaving like this.

BANNED

The only good moments was Iceman eating hamburger while he's talking and Warren wearing a sexy singlet with his wings spread.

Other than that, this is a forgettable issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    The only good moments was Iceman eating hamburger while he's talking and Warren wearing a sexy singlet with his wings spread.

He should wear more of these.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post

The issue is not perfect, but I enjoyed it a lot. Very different from what I expected from this reunion. Intrigued about the future plans the X-Office has for him. It seems now Psylocke and Warren know about X being alive.
    Why do you say Warren knows X is alive? I thought X mind-wiped everyone in the room?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't like professor douchebag. I miss when Xavier was a good guy a Martin Luther King figure.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post

All of this. Rosenberg is GREAT at humor and funny one-liners (as his Bobby and Hank show), but the actual storytelling always ends up lacking. And I say that even though I enjoy his Multiple Man.

This annual was kind of a let down. A few moments made me smile and I loved the team interactions...but the story seemed really pointless and just not well developed. I kind of liked the interaction between Xavier and the team at the end about how he hoped they would find happiness in doing good.
    But I really don't get Xavier's motives for even bringing them to the weird town. I didn't get the ending either.

Fantastic Member

Very polarizing issue, it seems. Despite some initial reservations about the art, I ended up liking it, especially the various instances of side-eye. Bobby was legitimately funny, and say what you will about Nu-Chuck, but he's right about the pity party.

Unexpectedly I loved this issue and now want it to be an ongoing that runs for 300 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by jollygoldfish View Post
    Pointless issue unless Marvel is trying to establish Xavier as a villain alongside Magneto and Emma. Maybe he'll be the one who brings back Apocalypse and becomes a horseman himself. Maybe Xavier and his "new dream" are what the X-Men fight next.

Not sure what this means about how X-Men Red fits into continuity. If this happens before X-Men Red, then I have no idea why Cassie Nova is going after Jean not Xavier. Unless Xavier and Cassie are in cahoots.
    IDK why we're pretending the X-Officies are ever trying to fit things into continuity. They're just throwing whatever into the air and hoping something sticks long enough until they decide to give up on a book because an event is coming. Unfortunately, there's no real relevant continuity between books anymore, there's only really continuity between events.
    Last edited by silence.; 08-15-2018 at 08:18 PM.