Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

As someone that has enjoyed both Lemire and Brisson work in the OML (his teambooks apperances where pretty meh thougth), i don't mind this and hopefully is a goos send off, but i can't blame people for not being exicited for this, is more Wolverine overexposure, althougth you have to give credit to the geezer f9r lasting this long with solo, not even the individual Avengers except for Spider-Man get to last this long before a relaunch.

12 parts? REALLY?

I just can't anymore. I love Wolverine. I thought it was smart to kill him/sideline him. I thought Wolverines was a great series that was short lived and needed more consistent art. I thought it was smart to bring in OLM and make X-23 Wolverine temporarily. But the writers (and the characters) just treated OML casually as just the same Logan but older. There was no rough period of adjustment or anything. The series was decent, 50 issues is a great run. Let. it. go. If Wolverine is back I don't want him around. I AM SO TIRED OF TIME TRAVEL AND ALTERNATE REALITY VERSIONS OF THE SAME CHARACTERS. WE DON'T NEED 10 VERSIONS OF WOLVERINE, CYCLOPS, JEAN, CABLE, STORM, ETC. MY GOD PLEASE MAKE IT STOP. GIVE ME BACK FUNCTIONAL STORYTELLING.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Lol OML is getting more of a send off than most main continuity characters.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I just can't anymore. I love Wolverine. I thought it was smart to kill him/sideline him. I thought Wolverines was a great series that was short lived and needed more consistent art. I thought it was smart to bring in OLM and make X-23 Wolverine temporarily. But the writers (and the characters) just treated OML casually as just the same Logan but older. There was no rough period of adjustment or anything. The series was decent, 50 issues is a great run. Let. it. go. If Wolverine is back I don't want him around. I AM SO TIRED OF TIME TRAVEL AND ALTERNATE REALITY VERSIONS OF THE SAME CHARACTERS. WE DON'T NEED 10 VERSIONS OF WOLVERINE, CYCLOPS, JEAN, CABLE, STORM, ETC. MY GOD PLEASE MAKE IT STOP. GIVE ME BACK FUNCTIONAL STORYTELLING.
    Amen brother. What was the point of killing 616 Wolverine if you're just gonna bring in OML with no adjustments?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I think Laura was the ONLY person who treated OML like he was a different person. Both in AND out of universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I think Laura was the ONLY person who treated OML like he was a different person. Both in AND out of universe.
    Probably doesn't hurt that Laura is also the most consistently well-written character of the last couple years.

I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand I wanted the Old Man Logan character to go on indefinitely but realistically I knew eventually he would wind up going off into unused Marvel character limbo or just be a secondary character on some future X-team. If he does indeed get killed off then he at least got a fitting end with ceremony and wasn't the victim of some ridiculous plot twist like what happened to the old Bruce Wayne in Frank Miller's last Dark Knight mini-series which removed what made the character interesting. The sales of Old Man Logan were pretty good compared to the other X-Books so I wonder if Marvel will actually kill the character off for good or leave a small window in case Mark Millar or someone wants to use the character somewhere down the line.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

So they're bringing back Wolverine but also killing off Wolverine roughly around the same time? lol

The O5 that are a whole team and have been around for longer get a mini that also involves the rest of the X-Men... While OML has a whole 12 series? Smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The O5 that are a whole team and have been around for longer get a mini that also involves the rest of the X-Men... While OML has a whole 12 series? Smh.
    Hell, I'd be down with a 12-issue series of Old Man Logan:Wall-Mart Greeter with a 4-issue arc of whether or not Logan will get written up again by management for not smiling enough.

Astonishing Member

If it's been proven that the old man Logan timeline is not the future, dosent that mean that he's going on a pointless revenge plot insted of trying to get back to the wasteland and help the people the including baby Bruce and danielle cage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    If it's been proven that the old man Logan timeline is not the future, dosent that mean that he's going on a pointless revenge plot insted of trying to get back to the wasteland and help the people the including baby Bruce and danielle cage.
    It's not the future of Earth-616. Doesn't mean the people in it aren't real.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I’m kinda curious of what’s with Marvel and these 12 part stories lately. I mean Astonishing X-Men was a 12 part story before shifting writers, then Old Man Hawkeye and now this. Is it really even a mini when it’s scheduled to go on for longer than most of their current ongoings not starring A-listers last for?

"The writing’s been on the wall for months now… Logan is dying." Well, the writing has been kind of on the wall that something was going to have to be done with Old Man Logan with the original coming back.

I just love how absurd this whole "Return of Wolverine" thing has been handled. An oversized one-shot, four mini-series, a big return mini-series, and now a 12-issue mini-series chronicling the death of yet another Wolverine. Marvel proving they can still over-saturate Wolverine with the best of them .

I'm curious if there's going to be a point in this ending where the two Logan's meet.