Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Spider-Man vs Norman's O-face.

Spidey VS Phoenix powered Colossus and Magik.

One battle that rarely---if ever---gets mentioned is the battle vs Doc Ock (first just his arms!) way back in Amazing Spider-Man #88-90. This is the arc that ends with Capt Stacy's death but the battle against Ock's arms (controlled long-distance by Otto) and then of course the fierce battle once they are attached again to the good Doctor is a favorite of mine. Great battle scenes and a different take for back then!

Amazing Member

Lots of good stories mentioned...

When I was 8 years old, I picked up Marvel Tales #150 at a newsstand, which reprinted the classic Lee/Ditko Spider-Man Annual #1, where he fought the Sinister Six. I’ve never forgotten it.

Heck, I even enjoyed the homage that Robbie Thompson wrote in Spidey #12...

Astonishing Member

Most of the good ones have been mentioned, but I’d add ASM#425 against Electro, PP:SM#75 against Norman (end of Clone Saga just after he came back... also has death of Ben Reilly) and Spec #189 and #200 (Harry Green Goblin, death of Harry).

Spider-Man vs. Wolverine, 1987 (the one-shot issue).

Spider-Man vs Wolverine in that one shot from 1987, even if he was jobbed a bit in that fight.

The fight with Kingpin in Back In Black (AMS #542 if i remember correctly).

The end of the Clone Saga against Norman Osborn (PPS #75)

Those are the first ones that come to mind.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Spider-Man vs Venom in Remender's Venom Vol. 2 #3-4 was a great one which seems to be a bit underrated.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Astonishing Member

Besides the ones mentioned,these ones were great as well:

Amazing Spider-Man#9.Spider-Man vs Electro.

Amazing Spider-Man#13.Spider-Man vs Mysterio.

Secret Wars#3.Spider-Man vs X-Men.

-The fight with Hobby in ASM #251
    -The fight with Green Goblin in PP: SSM #44
    -Spider-Man Vs Firelord
    -The fight with Ock from Spec #78-79
    -The fight with Foreigner from Spec #129
    -The Sinister Syndicate fight from ASM #280-281
    -The Absorbing Man and Titania battle from ASK #283

There are a lot of fun Spidey fights that aren't really brought up much.

Mark Millar's MK: Spider-Man run had some great fight scenes. From memory, the best one was Spider-Man vs Electro in #3.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Amazing Spiderman #317 is without a shadow of a doubt the best Spider-Man Fight. Its the issue that got me into collecting comic books.

Its the second fight between Spider-Man and Venom.

Brock wants to settle the score once and for all. Parker knows the danger he's in and goes to the Fantastic Four for help. The Thing assures Parker he's covered. When Parker returns home, he finds Brock helping Aunt May fold laundry. Brock warns Parker this is only between the two of them, not the Fantastic Four.

Parker tells MJ the situation and she's extremely upset. He pretty much says I love you and a possible good bye.

Now time for the fight. Spider-Man is in an abandoned building unable to sense danger. Venom bursts through the wall and confronts him. The entire fight was Venom nearly owning Spider-Man. Toying with him the entire time, much like a cat playing with a mouse. Spider-Man tried the known weaknesses to a symbiote but Venom was prepared and danced around them.

Spider-Man knew this fight wasn't going to be won with fisticuffs. Parker takes the costume off and calls out his opponent. "I'm here. Come and get me!" He specifies he's not talking to Brock, but the symbiote. Venom mocks Parker claiming they're bonded. Before Venom could finish his sentence the symbiote starts going back to Parker. Brock angrily yells you can't do this to me. "We share a beautiful hatred!"

A painful chain reaction happens when the Symbiote attempts to join with both Parker and Brock. Parker gets back up, and although the Symbiote chose Brock, he's knocked out completely.

It wasn't Spider-Man. Peter Parker won this fight.

Its over.

This is what I loved in a comic book. Spider-Man wasn't his care-free self in this situation. You couldn't get any more dangerous than this and Parker knew it. This was an enemy clever enough to predict most of Parker's Moves and used intimidation tactics that would scare him so Venom got what he wanted. In a fight, Venom held all the cards in power.

Parker had to use his brains to get out of this one and he almost didn't make it.

Still the most intense issue I read to this day.

If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it. Its why Venom is one of my favorite villain/anti-heroes to this day.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 08-22-2018 at 11:00 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Parker takes the costume off and calls out his opponent. "I'm here. Come and get me!" He specifies he's not talking to Brock, but the symbiote. Venom mocks Parker claiming they're bonded. Before Venom could finish his sentence the symbiote starts going back to Parker. Brock angrily yells you can't do this to me. "We share a beautiful hatred!"

A painful chain reaction happens when the Symbiote attempts to join with both Parker and Brock. Parker gets back up, and although the Symbiote chose Brock, he's knocked out completely.
    This was a good issue, though I don't recall interpreting it exactly as you have. The symbiote didn't choose Brock; it attempted to leave Brock for Peter and was trying to bond, however since it was already bonded to Brock, it couldn't sever itself and the attempt was too much for it to handle (with Brock feeling the pain, also, due to the connection).

This is where I got the concept that you couldn't just easily sever the bond between symbiote and host. I guess that has changed over the years, because in the Venom, Inc arc the symbiote(s) are going person to person with ease.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    This was a good issue, though I don't recall interpreting it exactly as you have.
    It has been quite some time since I read the issue and my knowledge of Symbiotes wasn't concrete so exact details may not be precise. Any corrections are appreciated
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 08-22-2018 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JTait View Post
    Mark Millar's MK: Spider-Man run had some great fight scenes. From memory, the best one was Spider-Man vs Electro in #3.
    The one with the Mac Gargan Venom in #11 was also excellent.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets