Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I was thinking about Toad recently. And he never seemed like he had a British accent to me. But I think it was Peter David who established he was British. And in the Spider-Man issue where the Misfits were formed, people at the bar commented on his accent. But still, he didn't have one in any of the cartoon series. And then there was the retcon that he was born in the UK but in a stasis pod in the States as a baby. And then later, he went to an orphanage. Which I'm not sure where that would be. To fit what David established I think, I guess that would mean in Britain. But I still have trouble thinking of him having a British accent, and I guess it could be retconned that he was raised in American and in that story, he learned putting on a British accent after learning that's where he was born. I don't know. A lot of characters who don't speak in General American have words and phonetic spelling that indicate such accents and I don't think we ever got that with Toad. But I realize that a lot of British characters probably didn't get that treatment either.
    He had an accent in the X-Men Legends games
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYNfO...VnZW5kcyB0b2Fk
    And his actor in the first movie was a brit.

I would love to have the Legends games remastered to play on newer consoles. I was never much of a gamer, but I enjoyed comic based games on consoles. And think it's too bad those aren't made much anymore. But when I got into comics, my family had a Wii and PS3. So those games were never an option.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!