Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I don’t see Magneto or the Maximoff twins having accents. Magneto comes off to me as someone who would have learned it when learning the language.
    Why do you think Magneto would have adopted an American accent though? After all, he would've first learnt English either somewhere in Europe or West Asia, and spent a long time living in those regions.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) has been confirmed by both Bendis and Dennis Hopeless to have a British accent.
    What a surprise that was when the trailer for the Spider-Woman Motion Comic came out...although I feel like it can be so subtle when it comes to picking it up, compared to a character like Psylocke (or John Constantine on the other side of the comics world).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Oh God, then they do have Long Island accents...

*shudders*
    This kind of reminds me of that Avengers Academy game that had Mary Jane talk in a kind of stereotypical New York accent.

It sounded so weird (also, I'm pretty sure MJ wasn't born in New York to begin with) .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
    Why do you think Magneto would have adopted an American accent though? After all, he would've first learnt English either somewhere in Europe or West Asia, and spent a long time living in those regions.
    I think most people imagine Magneto with a kind of Posh, vaguely British, accent because of the movies and cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) has been confirmed by both Bendis and Dennis Hopeless to have a British accent.
    I did not know this, guess I'll have to change her voice then
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Now I want to hear movie Carol sound like Bill Burr, Nick DiPaolo, or Markie Mark and talk like a Masshole. Like Casey Affleck's Dunkin Donuts SNL skit character as a lady (and yes the native ladies in the eastern Mass., R.I., and eastern Conn. are often just as bold and frank).

Wouldn't Jessica Drew's creator be the person to ask about her accent? Not someone that wrote her decades later?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    Rocket Raccoon with a British accent?
    I think this is pretty indicative. (Rocket Raccoon’s first appearance)

Quote Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
    He may have learned it there, but I would think upon working for various western intelligence agencies, he’d have learned an American accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think most people imagine Magneto with a kind of Posh, vaguely British, accent because of the movies and cartoons.
    I believe in all but one of his animated appearances, he has an American accent. And Fassbender’s Magneto accent has been everywhere. First Class was essentially American with a few reversions to Fassbender’s natural accent. In DOFP, he tries to imitate McKellan. And in Apocalypse, it’s sort of halfway between the two.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 08-15-2018 at 10:04 PM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Fantomex is supposed to be a poser who speaks with a french accent even though he's not french at all.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    Wouldn't Jessica Drew's creator be the person to ask about her accent? Not someone that wrote her decades later?
    I think the best thing to do is to look at the actual stories and base it on that. Jessica Drew's father is American and her mother is French. She grew up in Transia. However, she was raised by Herbert Windham, who is British, and Bova, who is a cow. More importantly, Bova (and all the other animals) learned English from videos. To me, that's the question. Would Herbert Windham teach his animals American English? I think it's a safe bet that he a good Brit wouldn't do that.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    Bendis' aside, I always considered her to have a british accent. Her first issues were in England.............

I always read her in an English accent and wanted to see her in Excalibur.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 08-16-2018 at 04:42 AM.

Gambit has a French-Cajun accent.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I think this is pretty indicative. (Rocket Raccoon’s first appearance)

I also recall him having a British accent in his appearance in the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Fantomex is supposed to be a poser who speaks with a french accent even though he's not french at all.
    I swear he usually comes off more naturally with a British accent aside from the few times he throws in a French word here or there, although maybe I'm just expecting him to talk like Batroc .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I also recall him having a British accent in his appearance in the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon.
    Yes. And it was great. I wish they followed suit for the movie.

Rocket with a British accent? Wow, that's news to me! I suppose I've been influenced by the MCU though.

The only character I could never work out what kind of accent to do, was Legion.
    Is he British, Israeli, American?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

That series a couple years ago assumed he had a Scottish accent because he spent so much time on Muir Island. I tend to think Israeli accent is the most logical but, since I can't really do an impression of one in my head, I usually go with American.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Rocket with a British accent? Wow, that's news to me! I suppose I've been influenced by the MCU though.
    I don’t think anybody who’s written him post-DNA knows either,