Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Of course he could get Slott to write it, but would it damage his relationship with Marvel

Long overdue on digital and Al's comeback
    Engaging discussion of comics 10 years old or older http://classiccomics.boards.net

I haven’t read Spawn in many years. I will give the title a try now that Al is returning.

I don't have a LCS, so I read everything digitally. I've been waiting ages for Spawn to go digital. And it's good to have Al back. He's been missed.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

I haven't bought Spawn since the death of Al and this news just made me put an order on some issues i have missed. There is no need for a new number one issue man.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hondobrode View Post
    Of course he could get Slott to write it, but would it damage his relationship with Marvel

Long overdue on digital and Al's comeback
    I doubt it would hurt Slott's relationship with Marvel. Once Slott's run on Spider-Man has ended, he could be tapped to write Spawn, which might be the right fit for him. Kelly Sue writes for Image as well with her Pretty Deadly series. Thus, Slott could still write Silver Suffer and Spawn. But in retrospect, I wished that McFarlane had offered to buy Angela from Neal Gaiman instead of low balling him, which led to the court battle. I find that Angela worked best in Spawn's world.

Nonetheless, I am glad to see the return of Al Simmons because it's been way too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I doubt it would hurt Slott's relationship with Marvel. Once Slott's run on Spider-Man has ended, he could be tapped to write Spawn, which might be the right fit for him. Kelly Sue writes for Image as well with her Pretty Deadly series. Thus, Slott could still write Silver Suffer and Spawn. But in retrospect, I wished that McFarlane had offered to buy Angela from Neal Gaiman instead of low balling him, which led to the court battle. I find that Angela worked best in Spawn's world.

Nonetheless, I am glad to see the return of Al Simmons because it's been way too long.
    Most companies are fine with their creators having creator owned work at other companies. But Slott on Spawn would be work for hire which Marvel may be less comfortable with.
    Though I doubt it would be much of an issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    With "Spawn" headed to a major anniversary, Todd McFarlane shares plans with CBR on Al Simmons' return, and a new creative team for the series.

Full article here.
    We/SZ r plzd 2 here dis nws dat AL SIMMONS IS BAK...regular poster of dis thrd hv known we/SZ kept chking in here asking if Simmons is bk.

Hving said dat, we/SZ r VERY VERY NOT plzd 2 hear dat Simmons 2 going 2 b md in2 a villain esp after all Al went thru.

"He's going to come back and be the aggressor," McFarlane told CBR News, calling the returned Simmons a "badass," who's no longer trying to figure out his powers or his place.
    It wud b absolutely dumb 2 mk d most & only prominent xcter of African descent in ALL of Image comix since d compny's beginning 2 a villain simply just 2 ump-up d replacemnt(Jim) & most likely very much out of xcter.

We/SZ hv alway hypothesizd dat Jim may b 1 of d figments of Al'd mind or imagination dat came in2 reality as a supposed 'human' d moment Al died possiible as a bak-door of sorts 4 Al 2 retrn.

As much as we/SZ luv reading abt Al's retrn in #250 we/SZ remains VERY cautious & will ONLY give it 3 issues(#250, #251 & #252) 2 sway us/SZ 2 retrn as premanent Spawn readrs we/SZ once were b4 Simmon's demise.

jst bcz he sed Simnz is d agrsr dnt m/n hs goon 2 b a vilan brah.

McFarlane should seriously consider hiring Dan Slott to write Spawn; no?
    Bleeding Cool thinks it will be Grant Morrison:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/...-very-shortly/
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

BANNED

Al Simmons is back finally.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    We/SZ r plzd 2 here dis nws dat AL SIMMONS IS BAK...regular poster of dis thrd hv known we/SZ kept chking in here asking if Simmons is bk.

Hving said dat, we/SZ r VERY VERY NOT plzd 2 hear dat Simmons 2 going 2 b md in2 a villain esp after all Al went thru.

It wud b absolutely dumb 2 mk d most & only prominent xcter of African descent in ALL of Image comix since d compny's beginning 2 a villain simply just 2 ump-up d replacemnt(Jim) & most likely very much out of xcter.

We/SZ hv alway hypothesizd dat Jim may b 1 of d figments of Al'd mind or imagination dat came in2 reality as a supposed 'human' d moment Al died possiible as a bak-door of sorts 4 Al 2 retrn.

As much as we/SZ luv reading abt Al's retrn in #250 we/SZ remains VERY cautious & will ONLY give it 3 issues(#250, #251 & #252) 2 sway us/SZ 2 retrn as premanent Spawn readrs we/SZ once were b4 Simmon's demise.
    I don't care if your post is sarcastic or not, the way you just butchered the English language, the NSA should drag you off and toss you in a dark cell somewhere. A little waterboarding is highly recommended.

Aggressor - a person, group, or nation that attacks first or initiates hostilities; an assailant or invader.

Al Simmons 2.0 = A total bad ass who will attack first and ask questions later, maybe. If the US government was the aggressor, they'd have hunted down and butchered Osama before 9-11, since they did know he was trouble. But they waited and allowed him to be the aggressor, which cost the US 2000+ lives.

Best to be the aggressor.
    Last edited by Deviancy; 07-24-2014 at 02:31 PM.

Amazing Member

When it comes to his choice of artists I think Mcfarlane gets off on torturing Spawn fans sometimes. Since capullo left anyway
    Last edited by prismablue; 07-24-2014 at 06:24 PM.

A FORCE to be reckoned w/ Dazzler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post

..........what?

I'll probably check this out IF the creative team is all that he's hinting at....

BANNED

I tried Spawn a year ago but ugh....Spawn was hardly in it, and most of the issue felt like a low budget noir cop story that is shown on fox after midnight. Still, I'll be def initely adding it again if I like the new creative team (which I hope I will). It's about time Spawn went back to his roots.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Nunez View Post
    I haven't bought Spawn since the death of Al
    Same here!

and this news just made me put an order on some issues i have missed. There is no need for a new number one issue man.
    Agrd!

Quote Originally Posted by armlessphelan View Post
    I don't have a LCS, so I read everything digitally. I've been waiting ages for Spawn to go digital. And it's good to have Al back. He's been missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rey Leopard View Post
    I haven’t read Spawn in many years. I will give the title a try now that Al is returning.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Al Simmons is back finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviancy View Post
    One of the things I like about TWD is that when someone dies, they're dead.

But Al Simmons, he needed to come back like 5 years ago.

And this is happening in December? It sounds like a lovely Christmas present.

I think I'll play one of the Spawn games now..

Whee...

And please Santa.. if you're listening.. don't let Todd just bring Al back to toy around with him.. he needs to be the star.. the only star..

Quote Originally Posted by GDC3 View Post
    It's probably going to bring me back as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    I know I will

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Al is coming back, I may start reading Spawn again.
    Same here fellow fans of Simmons....agrd & cosignd.

Lets all hope Todd isnt bringing bak Simmons just 2 ruin d xcter or mk him/Simmons a doormat in favor of d terrible Jim Downing xcter.
    Last edited by SilverZeal; 07-25-2014 at 06:06 AM.