Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Infinity Wars #2 Review/SPOILERS

Duggan, Dedato and co. hit the ground running with IW #1 and the pace doesn't slacken at all with issue #2.

To give the thumbnail version, this is a continuation of the fight that began towards the end of #2 with Gamora, aka Requiem, taking on the other holders of the Infinity Stones - and whatever back-up they've brought with them - for all the marbles.

Gamora is often referred to as "the most dangerous woman in the galaxy" and she more than lives up to that title here, basically mopping up the floor with some of the MU's heaviest hitters.

One of the big deaths from last issue is reversed (Time Stones are handy!) and one still stands, but it turns out that death hasn't quite silenced that particular victim.

There's deliberate ambiguity as to whether what we're seeing in that case is a killer gone mad "seeing" the ghost of their victim or whether there's an actual lingering presence but I expect clarity on that will be forthcoming.

This series continues to be a wild ride, wasting no time dropping crazy sh*t on the reader. Really good stuff.

Looking forward to seeing how much more Duggan is going to raise the stakes as this goes on.

Ultimate Member

I’m having real problems with Deodato’s art here.

There were some panels where I couldn’t understand what I was seeing.

The story is a ride though but I don’t like the art.

This new thing where he obscures the art with nonscensical panel lines really is distracting.

Otherwise it was a good issue
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Niffleheim

Who is Devondra? Why must Devondra feed? (don't reply with How is Devondra?)

BANNED

who is ? rarely offer satisfactory reveals.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    This new thing where he obscures the art with nonscensical panel lines really is distracting.

Otherwise it was a good issue
    I've come across similar comments on a variety of different forums. It certainly is different. Haven't seen him attempt such layouts before this series. Wonder if he made the decision to switch it up or it was a consensus between everyone involved.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Isn't Devondra the crazy squid creature from inside the Soul Gem? Or is it something else?

I liked this issue better than the last, if only because the ending carried the promise of something slightly more interesting than hero vs. hero fights down the line. And I'm curious how we get from here to the "Infinity Warping" that'll be happening, especially since Gamora seems to have resolved her main problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I've come across similar comments on a variety of different forums. It certainly is different. Haven't seen him attempt such layouts before this series. Wonder if he made the decision to switch it up or it was a consensus between everyone involved.
    Deodato has been doing layouts like that since his work on Original Sin, at least. But on that series, he at least mixed things up between different types of layouts.

Great issue, I am really enjoying this series so far.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Great issue, I am really enjoying this series so far.
    Thanos is such a Proud Papa it's blinding to behold.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I’m having real problems with Deodato’s art here.

There were some panels where I couldn’t understand what I was seeing.

The story is a ride though but I don’t like the art.
    For the most part, I really like the art but I also agree that there are a few moments where clarity is lost.

Not enough where I couldn't follow the story but definitely where I had to really study what was happening on panel.

The way he breaks up the panels doesn't bother me - I kind of like that, actually - but I do think that the intent of some moments was muddied, like when Gamora disables Cap and Strange. You can make assumptions based on what we know about the warps coming up but going by what's on panel, it's not so clear.

Still, that would be my only complaint at the moment. And the art is generally well suited to the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Duggan, Dedato and co. hit the ground running with IW #1 and the pace doesn't slacken at all with issue #2.

To give the thumbnail version, this is a continuation of the fight that began towards the end of #2 with Gamora, aka Requiem, taking on the other holders of the Infinity Stones - and whatever back-up they've brought with them - for all the marbles.

Gamora is often referred to as "the most dangerous woman in the galaxy" and she more than lives up to that title here, basically mopping up the floor with some of the MU's heaviest hitters.

One of the big deaths from last issue is reversed (Time Stones are handy!) and one still stands, but it turns out that death hasn't quite silenced that particular victim.

There's deliberate ambiguity as to whether what we're seeing in that case is a killer gone mad "seeing" the ghost of their victim or whether there's an actual lingering presence but I expect clarity on that will be forthcoming.

This series continues to be a wild ride, wasting no time dropping crazy sh*t on the reader. Really good stuff.

Looking forward to seeing how much more Duggan is going to raise the stakes as this goes on.
    So much for the Thanos origin mini where it established that he made it a practice to seek out and kill any progeny he might have. After all, if he believed that the only path to immortality was through children as presented here, that would be self-defeating.... oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

So, would it be a spoiler for future issues of Thor that Thor Odinson appears to be wielding good old Mjolnir in this issue, or just an indication that Deodato doesn't know what's going on with him? Or that this is happening before Mjolnir goes into the Sun, and the art mistake is drawing Odinson rather than Jane there as Thor?

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    So much for the Thanos origin mini where it established that he made it a practice to seek out and kill any progeny he might have. After all, if he believed that the only path to immortality was through children as presented here, that would be self-defeating.... oh.
    Course, if you're in love with death, maybe you're not all that interested in immortality.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    So, would it be a spoiler for future issues of Thor that Thor Odinson appears to be wielding good old Mjolnir in this issue, or just an indication that Deodato doesn't know what's going on with him? Or that this is happening before Mjolnir goes into the Sun, and the art mistake is drawing Odinson rather than Jane there as Thor?
    I put it down to artist error. Thor will get Mjolnir again. But I suspect that won't happen until War Of The Ten Realms.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 08-16-2018 at 09:05 PM.

Well she definitely lives up to the tittle of deadliest woman in the universe