Fantastic Member

Default Amazons & Atlanteans - Common Origins in the current DCU?

1. Do the Atlanteans honor/worship Poseidon, and the amazons the rest of the Olympians?

2. Who created the Atlanteans? Could have they been the men that Zeus created in the Wonder Woman movie? Could they have been the people the Amazon rebelled against or went to war with as Arthur stated in the JL movie?

3. Why did the Atlanteans evolve to a higher level and the amazons did not? How could have the amazons possibily went to war to such at advanced race who has the power of water, creatures, technology behind them?

What's your take? Would you like them to have common origins?

As far as I remember, the Atlanteans tends to speak of Neptune over Poséidon (IRL they're basically the same God, I'm not sure in the DCU). The current origin of the Atlanteans predates the creation of the Amazons, if I'm not mistaken, with them being one of the earliest and most advanced civilization on Earth before the Sunking of Atlantis.

I don't know what their origins are in the Worlds of DC (DCEU) yet, but I suspect it'll draw heavily from it, so either they were sunk before the creation of the Amazons here again, or they were still just an advanced civilization during Stteppenwolf's first invasion.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    1. Do the Atlanteans honor/worship Poseidon, and the amazons the rest of the Olympians?

2. Who created the Atlanteans? Could have they been the men that Zeus created in the Wonder Woman movie? Could they have been the people the Amazon rebelled against or went to war with as Arthur stated in the JL movie?

3. Why did the Atlanteans evolve to a higher level and the Amazons did not? How could have the amazons possibly went to war to such an the advanced race who has the power of water, creatures, the technology behind them?

What's your take? Would you like them to have common origins?
    1) Don't know

2) Don't know

3) Amazons are all woman so naturally there cannot invent anything and are stuck in the era they were created on the other hand Atlanteans have men who invented much new technologies and build majestic structures instead of living in caves and ruined ancient building.
    I have no idea how the Amazons even stood a chance against Atlanteans.
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 08-20-2018 at 12:53 PM.

Neptune and Poseidon are the same god in DC. Other than Neptune being involved I wonder whatever kind of relationships with the Amazons? I would say both sides should also be protecting a water Kajin. Also the amazons should be a advance tech society