Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Uh yeah no, if the recent Astonishing run with both in it is any indication he's not and neither is she, and no the stuff with Kwannon has nothing to do with Sam and Tabitha...or they brought Kwannon back simply to get her out of the picture as now she's fully back to her old self as she was speaking Japanese and thereby no longer Betsy, as for saying that there's more to come, that's the whole business of comics and tv and such, teasing the fans to get them to keep coming back, whether what you teased every truly pans out or not...

While im happy kwannon is back i hope they give her a distinct look and powers. As im not a fan of two purple haired psychic knife wielding mutants running around. Im one of the probably three people in the world who loved the who is the real psylocke drama. Kwannon was very badass and i loved how ruthless she was in ripping out her cybernetic eyes as well as sneaking up on xavier to asssasinate him undetected but changing her mind etc. Id love to know her origins.

Ultimate Member

I was just saying that until she does more Kwannon could be little more than a dangling plotthread that some writer might pick up at a later date, it doesn't matter what the editor or whatever said either, sometimes they say stay tuned just to keep people interested as long as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Uh yeah no, if the recent Astonishing run with both in it is any indication he's not and neither is she, and no the stuff with Kwannon has nothing to do with Sam and Tabitha...or they brought Kwannon back simply to get her out of the picture as now she's fully back to her old self as she was speaking Japanese and thereby no longer Betsy, as for saying that there's more to come, that's the whole business of comics and tv and such, teasing the fans to get them to keep coming back, whether what you teased every truly pans out or not...
    Logan, buddy, I wasn't if I wanted to keep going down the rabbit hole on this subject, but if it is the editor's job to tease and promote your product and comics, then you cant deliberately deceive people with plans that wont come to happen. If you do that your customers will no longer believe you when you promote your next comic.

Any how, since X-Force seems to be off of the table, where would Kwannon fans like to see her show up? The new Wolverine comic? Uncanny, in a story involving Psylocke, although that would be my least favorite place as I would like to see her without Betsy for a while. Or maybe something new?

She needs to have her story told first which means defining who she is and what her life is now. And yes Psylocke will need to be included. There’s no way around that. After that, I think she should leave the X books and become a fixture in the street level Marvel books. Mixing it up with them would give her an opportunity to forge a status quo unique from Psylocke

I want to kwannon do her own thing for a while first and have it build up to a big reunion adventure with Betsy. I think skeptical fans need a chance to see her earn her stripes and create a sense of anticipation for when they finally meet face to face.

My only hope is that Kwannon doesn't wind up getting stuck as a random Hand Ninja lieutenant like Gorgon

I was thinking Kwannon should become the Batman of Madripoor.

X-Men are incredibly global in their reach, so a great way to differentiate her character and methodology is to keep her centralized and focused. Using Braddock-absconded money, she sets herself up as a vigilante, cleaning up Lowtown. She could have a Kwannoncycle or a Handicopter... I think if she gets an expanded cast of characters, she should have Indra as her Robin, Rose Wu as her Commissioner Gordon, and Neal Shaara as her Talia.

Ultimate Member

My point was that what she needs and what she'll actually get could be very far from each other, keeping Kwannon around could only easily muddy the waters if they're trying to separate Betsy fully from her, they could have said that they had plans because they had plans to do something with her and some time, now whether anything comes of those plans...who knows...and writers and editors have said things that didn't come to pass in terms of characters as plans for characters change over time...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She needs to have her story told first which means defining who she is and what her life is now. And yes Psylocke will need to be included. There’s no way around that. After that, I think she should leave the X books and become a fixture in the street level Marvel books. Mixing it up with them would give her an opportunity to forge a status quo unique from Psylocke
    What street level Marvel books would you like her to appear in? Captain America? Daredevil? Black Panther? Spider Man?

The Avengers haven't had a team telepath in a long time. Maybe she could join. Or she could be a supporting member of the FF.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    What street level Marvel books would you like her to appear in? Captain America? Daredevil? Black Panther? Spider Man?

The Avengers haven't had a team telepath in a long time. Maybe she could join. Or she could be a supporting member of the FF.
    When I think street level, I think Hells Kitchen. Daredevil, and the Defenders (modern) type of stuff

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    My point was that what she needs and what she'll actually get could be very far from each other, keeping Kwannon around could only easily muddy the waters if they're trying to separate Betsy fully from her, they could have said that they had plans because they had plans to do something with her and some time, now whether anything comes of those plans...who knows...and writers and editors have said things that didn't come to pass in terms of characters as plans for characters change over time...
    And IF Kwannon does show up somewhere and something is done with her, will you were WRONG?

Kwannon should go full on new look and be polar opposite to Bets.

Something like this would be cool.
    24875F79-18C6-41F8-92B7-6A449340DFE7.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    My only hope is that Kwannon doesn't wind up getting stuck as a random Hand Ninja lieutenant like Gorgon
    NO villain conversions, or revenge or anything stupid. Let her figure out who she wants to be.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    And IF Kwannon does show up somewhere and something is done with her, will you were WRONG?
    Actually if you notice I said she might or might not do something, so there'd really be nothing for me to have been wrong about, just saying that her showing up at the very end of that issue doesn't mean that she's going to get some big storyline with Betsy from here on out, true it doesn't mean that she won't either but many here seem to think that it's a given that she will...