Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Kwannon was a mutant and a low level psychic. This was stated by Matsu'o. Combining with Betsy amped up those abilities while diminshing Betsy's.
    Was it ever stated she was a mutant though? From my recollection they never outright said that but it's been a while since I've read those issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Untapped potential with a past shrouded in mystery.
    This right here.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Try X-Men vol. 2 #31.

But even if it wasn't stated, she got the original Legacy Virus. It's easy to figure out from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Try X-Men vol. 2 #31.

But even if it wasn't stated, she got the original Legacy Virus. It's easy to figure out from there.
    She was in Betsy’s original body so that in and of itself doesn’t prove anything

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm gonna seem like a hater but why do people want her back so bad? The people who are rallying this seem to barely know her backstory too.
    Oh, that's a legitimate question, but the fact that we *don't* already know everything about her means there's more story to tell with her. Something added to, say, Nightcrawler's character (like his dad being a 'demon') or Iceman's recent outing after decades of inning, can be a bit more controversial, where someone like Kwannon is more of an open book, and if she turns out to be half-demon (because she was born to be the host of the demonic 'Beast of the Hand' that the Hand worships?), or turns out to like the ladies, it's not going to fly in the face of decades of characterization to the contrary.

BANNED

It'll be nice to have her rise or fall as a heroine of her own accord and to actually be given a chance to thrive.
    I support her 100%.

New costume. New hair. New attitude. She could be cool if written well.

I never realized so many people liked Kwannon. Hopefully someone at Marvel decides to bring her back at some point.

Revanche NEVER worked for me as a codename for Kwannon. As a French word clearly meaning "revenge", it made no ethnic sense for a Japanese woman in a British body. And while Kwannon might have wanted revenge against Betsy, she failed utterly since she died of the Legacy Virus within a year of being introduced. It struck me as a cheap and uneducated solution to make Kwannon more of a badass. Bleh.

Saya is the Japanese transliteration of a Japanese sword's wooden scabbard. As Kwannon herself held the mind of Psylocke, she could be described as a saya. It's incredibly short, simple for Americans to pronounce, and sounds similar to Psylocke without borrowing a silent P or tacking on a locke.

Since Zub confirmed Kwannon is back, welcome back! After 24 years, I hope you survive the experience this time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Since Zub confirmed Kwannon is back, welcome back! After 24 years, I hope you survive the experience this time.
    Agreed. She deserves to be her own woman, and rise or fall on her own. I just hope she isn't fridged or shoved on the back burner. A mini by Zub would be awesome.

With all the random solo's being done would love to see a continuation of Kwannon's story!

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Say that!!

Won't lie I was very adamant to Kwannon never coming back but the way Zub handled it was great and i'm intrigued on what they'd do for her in the future. I love me a kickass assassin woman. She should dye her hair though.

This is great news! I never thought I'd see the day she would be brought back. I can't wait to see what the next writer does with her and hope rejoins the X-Men down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Won't lie I was very adamant to Kwannon never coming back but the way Zub handled it was great and i'm intrigued on what they'd do for her in the future. She should dye her hair though.
    Is Kwannon's hair purple?

Can anyone scan and post the last scene of the book where she "comes back"?

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Is Kwannon's hair purple?

Can anyone scan and post the last scene of the book where she "comes back"?
    Yes, as of now it's dark purple. She needs her black hair again and develop her own visual identitiy.