Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    @Logan who was harping on the original body? The only person that was as vocal as you are now was Taz. And he had valid points for like her in the original body. You're the one that was consistently been complaining about all things Psylocke since like 2004. I don't even know if there's a word for this but you argue/debate/disagree in fallacies. You act like Psylocke is yours, I finally realized what it is, she's like a toy you won't share and don't want changed. And only your perception of her is correct.
    Logan also does the same with Angel and hates any changes that are made to his character despite what everyone else says even outside these forums.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    The Naginata is super underrated due to everyone instinctively thinking the Katana is the only Japanese sword or weapon outside of Japan. Due to social status and history, they are seen as feminine weapon and a status symbol for a samurai's wife. She can defend the home and kill you if you ever decide to attack. That doesn't mean however that men don't use Naginatas as they are primarly a battle field weapon until the edo period as Katana's where better favored due to crowdedness. There are several schools that teach Naginata as a primary weapon or in equal focus to others in their curriculum. There is also the Yari which is straighter. For some schools that teach this there are Taneda Ryu, Tendo Ryu, and Hozoin Ryu from the top of my head. There are more but I am not well versed in that so take it with a grain of salt. I wouldn't mind if she used a chain or sickle weapon too.
    Cool, I knew some of that, but not all. I think a modern costume (something completely different from Betsy's) and traditional weapons would be a great combination.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Theres' no point. Its like trying to converse with a brick wall. He's committed to being close minded and being 100% negative
    Nah I just don't jump on every new bandwagon that comes along and love everything just because it's new and different and as for brick walls I could say the same about some here not including myself, and I never said that there isn't room for potential stories, I was just saying that don't count your chickens before they've hatched about what Marvel is definitely doing, they could do that or Kwannon could be gone to limbo in a few short months and such...and no I'm not 100% negative, I just don't drink the Kool-Aid and think everything new is great...as for intent right now we don't know that the intent was to bring back Kwannon for much of anything, so far most here's declarations of what will happen have no more substance than anything that I've said, and yet only my side seems to be being attacked day in and day out and being impossible...

I'm not the only one who's been arguing and complaining about this and that. and yet it's only wrong when I do it...odd...and I've never once acted like Betsy was mine...or a toy...again I just don't drink the kool aid with every new change...

And no Iz I don't hate every change to Warren's character, and I'm far from the only one that's not liked many of his more recent ones...

Well I guess we can rule out X-Force as a comic where Kwannon could be a teammember. There doesn't appear to be anywhere else for, unless there is a really unusual team book that has yet to be announced.
    She may end up being a character who appears in a Psylocke story.

I figured. I predict she won’t appear for a while and will show up as a cliffhanger character down the line. She maaaay appear in wolverine too.

Ultimate Member

Or the writer that sent Betsy back to a new English body is the only one that had a storyline for Kwannon so she'll just get sent off to limbo...

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I figured. I predict she won’t appear for a while and will show up as a cliffhanger character down the line. She maaaay appear in wolverine too.
    If she doesn't appear in a story with Psylocke in Uncanny, that would be my guess also. Soule seemed interested in writing Psylocke as having some form of PTSD issues.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Or the writer that sent Betsy back to a new English body is the only one that had a storyline for Kwannon so she'll just get sent off to limbo...
    lol. I just knew you would pop in to say some thing like this. You may need to change your routine

tumblr_o25qx39Ggv1tx9xebo1_500.jpg
    Not exactly a Naginata but similar. I think Kwannon using (telekinetic?) Naginata, nekote, manriki-kusari and shurikens would be excellent.

As far as costumes go, there are plenty of excellent "Konoichi" inspired redesigns circulating the internet if you search for Psylocke Redesign. I'm not sure I'd want her to look like she came straight out of Naruto or similar. I think a subtle design element, such as a scarf vs a waist sash, would be fine.

I know it wont happen, but something similar to her Anka X-Force design would be ideal.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

I admit it's kinda challenging what I really want for Kwannon. Many of the ideas I've had as far back as 2000 (maybe earlier) included a Psylocke (as a pure telepath) that could create psi-shurikens, project her psi-knives (like the old FOX cartoon version), or other weapons. Then 15 years later she finally starts doing that.

Now that Kwannon's back it would definitely fit her motif as well, but then I can't help feeling like Betsy may lose something in the process in order for Kwannon to gain footing as a character. I can deal with it though because Kwannon is actually a favorite of mine and I've wanted her resurrected for a LONG time. It is definitely a "be careful what you wish for" moment for me though lol.

But it's kind of exciting because I don't know what's going to happen with either Kwannon or Betsy. Everything is unknown. All we know is that the are alive and in their "original" bodies for the first time that we've seen in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Or...its been less than a month since she resurfaced. Thanks for playing though!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    Well I guess we can rule out X-Force as a comic where Kwannon could be a teammember. There doesn't appear to be anywhere else for, unless there is a really unusual team book that has yet to be announced.
    She may end up being a character who appears in a Psylocke story.
    Why would she be on the cover of X-Force? It’s a classic lineup built around Cable whom Kwannon has no connection to. She could end up in there down the line but it wouldn’t make any sense for first appearance to be on a team.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Or...its been less than a month since she resurfaced. Thanks for playing though!
    That doesn't mean anything, my view is just as likely to be true...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    I admit it's kinda challenging what I really want for Kwannon. Many of the ideas I've had as far back as 2000 (maybe earlier) included a Psylocke (as a pure telepath) that could create psi-shurikens, project her psi-knives (like the old FOX cartoon version), or other weapons. Then 15 years later she finally starts doing that.

Now that Kwannon's back it would definitely fit her motif as well, but then I can't help feeling like Betsy may lose something in the process in order for Kwannon to gain footing as a character. I can deal with it though because Kwannon is actually a favorite of mine and I've wanted her resurrected for a LONG time. It is definitely a "be careful what you wish for" moment for me though lol.

But it's kind of exciting because I don't know what's going to happen with either Kwannon or Betsy. Everything is unknown. All we know is that the are alive and in their "original" bodies for the first time that we've seen in comics.
    I feel the same. I can't wait to see what lies ahead for both of these great women.

I just don't want her in stereotypical "Asian Attire" just because she's Asian, like some posters think. Most Asians wear normal attire. So I'd like to see her in s slinky catsuit with some homages to the actual Goddess Kwannon/Kanon.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I really hope that in case the titles will relaunch, they will not forget that Kwannon returned.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Incredible Member

Bring on the KWANNON!!!!