Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: From Under Mountains, #1

Marian Churchland (PROPHET, Beast), Claire Gibson, and Sloane Leong will cast their spell upon readers in FROM UNDER MOUNTAINS, an all-new ongoing fantasy series.

Set in the isolated country of Akhara, rival houses face off in the struggle for political power and military security. Three unlikely figures-a lord's daughter, a disgraced knight, and a runaway thief-will change the fate of their world, but the only hope of peace may lie with the mystery shrouded goblins and witches, and the ancient powers they command.

Full article here.

Wow, is that lettering unattractive to read...
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Preeeeeettyy!!! *_* Really excited for this to finally be released. No dates were announced yet though, right?
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Fantastic Member

I love books with art like this.

Will look forward to hearing more

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    Wow, is that lettering unattractive to read...
    It appears to be more of CBR'simage hosting (??) because you can read the letters fine here

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.p...and-leong.html

Incredible Member

Agree the lettering and the word balloons need change. Maybe the letters are fine if there wasn't so much empty space in the balloons. I was so distracted I couldn't even see the art.

Is this the first or second book in Graham's 8House Universe?

Found this on Brandon Graham Tumblr page about how 8House will work as it stands:
    Question from Anonymous:
    Can I get a brief explanation of 8House?
    Answer by Brandon Graham:
    Sure.

8house is a series of stories all set in the same world or universe ruled by 8 magic houses. The idea is to make a shared space where different creators can play off each other’s ideas

The first series is going to be a series of mini series starting with:

8house Arclight (#1 to #4) written by me and drawn by Marian Churchland. about a women whose mind is trapped in the body of a monster that she projected herself into years ago.

8house Kiem (#5 to 8) by me and Xurxo Penalta is about a soldier who is asked to fake her death in order to transport a mysterious box to an enemy house.

in issue #9 (to 12) Emma Rios and Hwei Lim take over with 8house Mirror

and then issue 13 will be the start of an 8house story by Fil Barlow.

and at SDCC From under mountains was just announced. It’s an 8house series by Marian Churchland Sloane Leong and Claire Gibson

“Set in the isolated country of Akhara, rival houses face off in the struggle for political power and military security. Three unlikely figures — a lord’s daughter, a disgraced knight, and a runaway thief — will change the fate of their world, but the only hope of peace may lie with the mystery shrouded goblins and witches, and the ancient powers they command”
    Soooo if I understand it correctly, right now we've got 2 series in that universe. The first is called 8House and consists of several mini-arc/series done by several creative teams. The second one looks to be From Under Mountains. Although no publication dates are mentioned as far as I'm aware, so maybe From Under Mountains could still be earlier? Or they might run concurrently for a bit? We'll see I guess! Either way, I'm on board!
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!