Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Is Marvel using some events to clean house on redundant characters?
    God, I hope so. Let X-23 be the first to go.

"No More Alternate Versions" Coming April 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    "No More Alternate Versions" Coming April 2019.
    Leave the Scarlet Witch out of this.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    God, I hope so. Let X-23 be the first to go.
    Don't say that. Some of us literally live for that characters' material (metaphorically speaking).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post

The only problem I would have with Jessica being a mother is if it permanently railroaded Jessica into bright, happy stories like the ones Hopeless and Rodriguez were doing.

I liked those Hopeless stories, but at the core of her character, Jessica is dark and brooding and conflicted about the nature of her existence. I'm not saying that every story needs to be a dark and dreary meditation on Jessica's humanity, but it would be a problem if you couldn't do stories that called back to her original Bronze Age stuff because of her kid.

Luckily, that's not the case. Jessica Jones is proof that you can have a character who is a mother and still put them in dark, introspective storylines. So I don't see the need to get rid of Gerry at the moment.
    I agree with all of this (Hopeless is why I love Jessica as much as I do) and I really LOVE seeing Jess as a mom. I really think she just needs a really great writer to pull it all off.

I am worried about her for Spidergeddon though (especially after reading the OPs original post), if only because that November solicite for Spider-Force is the same as the October one? So either it's a mistake, or something big is going to go down in that book. There are several characters that are so similar to Jessica already and who are more popular :/ If you see where I am going on this.
    Last edited by Seren; 08-21-2018 at 06:06 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I agree with all of this (Hopeless is why I love Jessica as much as I do) and I really LOVE seeing Jess as a mom. I really think she just needs a really great writer to pull it all off.

I am worried about her for Spidergeddon though (especially after reading the OPs original post), if only because that November solicite for Spider-Force is the same as the October one? So either it's a mistake, or something big is going to go down in that book. There are several characters that are so similar to Jessica already and who are more popular :/ If you see where I am going on this.
    This is why I'm desperately hoping those rumors about Jessica being in Far From Home are true! Her showing up in the MCU would be incentive to keep her around (or at least bring her back if something bad happened).

I went back and reread the last Spider-Woman after this thread and Hopeless really sold me on Gerry and on her little extended family with Ben, Roger, and Carol. It sucks that she's fallen into limbo when I think she had one of the best-established new supporting casts I've seen in a little while. There was a natural story engine in there.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    This is why I'm desperately hoping those rumors about Jessica being in Far From Home are true! Her showing up in the MCU would be incentive to keep her around (or at least bring her back if something bad happened).

I went back and reread the last Spider-Woman after this thread and Hopeless really sold me on Gerry and on her little extended family with Ben, Roger, and Carol. It sucks that she's fallen into limbo when I think she had one of the best-established new supporting casts I've seen in a little while. There was a natural story engine in there.
    You and me both. It's been pretty quiet on that rumor for awhile now though.

And yeah, I really love Jess' Family. Considering the who "Spiders don't have family" thing from Bendis' Origin to actually her having found her family by the end of her run. Yeah. Pretty damn perfect. I agree though - she still has PLENTY of stories to tell.

In regards to the OP - I don't see Miles, Gwen or Cindy going anywhere, but I guess we'll have to wait and see who's still around after Spidergeddon. Laura or Gabby either.
    Last edited by Seren; 08-21-2018 at 07:19 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast