Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    how is Sapphire different from Selene?
    Her victims don't get reduced to ash?

Also,Selene utilises the life-force she absorbs as "fuel" for her other powers.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Plus she's never had that choice before. All she had were villains offering her real body in exchange for doing something for them (being the Red Queen's brainless puppet, allowing Jamie to murder Fantomex, helping Casandra to unleash the Great Corruption, etc.).
    I’m not sure if it counts, but in House of M when everyone got what they wanted, Betsy was still Asian.

Plus she's never had that choice before. All she had were villains offering her real body in exchange for doing something for them (being the Red Queen's brainless puppet, allowing Jamie to murder Fantomex, helping Casandra to unleash the Great Corruption, etc.).
    In House of M, a reality that had granted those brought into it their innermost desires, she was still Asian. Had they really been committed to the bit, they could have easily restored her back at the end of Age of X considering that she was in her original body in that reality and some who came out of it had been changed even afterwards.

Astonishing Member

Well, I don't think everybody got what they wanted. I doubt the FF wanted to be dead and Doom's greatest desire probably wasn't to play second' bird fiddle to magneto. Heck, magneto likely really wanted his oldest daughter to be alive... So, I don't think you can say it was a blanket, everyone got what they really wanted.

Yeah i never put a lot of credit on House of M when it came to the "°Deep desires" part, some of then didn't make sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    WhiteQueenEmmaFrost - So far, it doesn't seem like she's any different from Selene. Although no one can usurp Selene's spot as a near immortal, life-force stealing, vampire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Her victims don't get reduced to ash?

Also,Selene utilises the life-force she absorbs as "fuel" for her other powers.
    I hadn't read Sapphire until this series and then reading this preview to me it just seem like Selene with some aftertaste. It makes me wonder if someone could do the same thing to Selene....destroy her from the inside.

I feel like Selene digests the lifeforce from her victims pretty much immediately. I don't think they persist within her like in Styx.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Let's say Betsy is 35. 1990 was probably about 5 or 6 years ago in-universe. So she woke up to her Anglo face everyday for 30 years. She woke up to her Asian face(which was forced upon her by various villains) for like 5. Of course she'd make her original body(not to mention it's in her subconscious).
    Exactly. She joined at 30 and has probably been on the team a little over 5 years in-universe. Like for real Jean hasn't actually been dead that long. Professor X nor Cyclops haven't been dead for long either.

So in Universe Psylocke has an actual birthdate 4/23/56. She joined when she was 30, Marvel gave up real-time around 1990, and it's been like 5 years. So what Logan said makes no sense in the grand scheme of things. She's still who she is.

Exactly. Many of her "fans" keep forgetting that. EVERY Body came with a really bad caveat.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im not sure if she's ever really expressed children but as a woman, if she does, she'd likely want her kids to have her genetics. Look like her and her family
    I don't think Psylocke is the have kids type, but in the past she's shown great love and Dedication to children.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    In House of M, a reality that had granted those brought into it their innermost desires, she was still Asian. Had they really been committed to the bit, they could have easily restored her back at the end of Age of X considering that she was in her original body in that reality and some who came out of it had been changed even afterwards.
    That was also during the time where Jamie’s hijinks were still in full effect and he made it so no magic could alter her physical form.

Ultimate Member

I don't think that if Betsy ever had kids she'd give two cents whether they looked Asian or white as long as they were healthy, happy, and hers...I don't know if Betsy would strive to have a kid or two or whatever but if it happened she'd be a great mom imho...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't think that if Betsy ever had kids she'd give two cents whether they looked Asian or white as long as they were healthy, happy, and hers...I don't know if Betsy would strive to have a kid or two or whatever but if it happened she'd be a great mom imho...
    You keep trying I'll give you that lol.

Ultimate Member

I don't see how any of that is wrong...

Astonishing Member

So Issue 4 is out. Read it earlier today. What are your thoughts? I thought it was rather well done. The art was hit or miss. But I really loved how the scenes with Betsy were rendered. Especially those featured in the preview (and those on the pages that follow.)

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    So Issue 4 is out. Read it earlier today. What are your thoughts? I thought it was rather well done. The art was hit or miss. But I really loved how the scenes with Betsy were rendered. Especially those featured in the preview (and those on the pages that follow.)
    Good(well not good but solid) Story but horrible art(imo). I like the story but the story felt a little like an writing exercise where someone said "Write a Psylocke story where she get back her body and nobody gets upset" that said they satisfy all those elements need so the story felt good enough. The small wolverine tie in now feels like a reach but now is as good of time to push this story. If they had set up this story with previous story with villians if would have felt a little better to me. Overall it filled its two objectives Wolverine tie and fix Psylocke.

spoilers:
    Kwannon is back apparently.
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

I never thought that there was anything wrong with Psylocke...and people will get upset, makes it sound even more like it was forced on the writer by editorial...