Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    They haven’t done a letters page since that negative letter about Kitty and Colossus’ relationship lol.
    I thought Gold didn't have any negative letters? /s

There was some good stuff before the wedding thing, but the best thing Gold has done recently was lay the groundwork for Mr & Mrs X. It's kind of like watching a TV show that's been going on for too long but the network still won't cancel it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I honestly thought Bee-Tee-Dubs was some rapper or something.

"Visit Venom Beach"
    "Thanos and the Black Order Live in Concert"

At least the art is good. Guggs cashing money he doesn't deserve as usual.

Also this Unbuntu guy or w/e could've been a keeper if he was more threatening and had a less generic design.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 08-17-2018 at 06:42 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    There was some good stuff before the wedding thing, but the best thing Gold has done recently was lay the groundwork for Mr & Mrs X.
    Which was stuff Guggs had to share with another writer.

Good preview. Love these kinds of moments with Storm. They nicely reflect the kind of strength she has in dramatic moments.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    This has been a great book. The hate it’s got makes no sense.
    I think it's more a matter of not meeting the expectations that fans had after IvX that were huge at the time.

Considering the sales would say that Gold did well compared to other writers and stories so sure there are a lot of people who like Gold probably younger readers but think in the case of older readers had the reverse effect however this is just my personal opinion.

And can say openly without fear that I prefer Gold than any arc of Extraordinary X-Men .

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Kitty: You ruined my life
    Yana: I am so sorry
    Kitty: But I forgive you
    Yana: I don't deserve that, you are too good
    Kitty: Also I am straight
    Yana: I am also very straight

*Guggs chef kisses script*
    Now this is Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Yeah, Gold has kind of fallen apart, but I'm happy to brick both that and Kitty and Peter's relationship to get my R&G wedding.
    I agree with this so much. Honestly I didn't read Gold but issue #30 certainly brought me back into investing in comics again. I said I felt kinda bad for Kitty and Colossus fans however I'm starting to get the feeling there aren't too many of those... *insert looks around emoji*

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Illyana will tell Kitty that wasn't her and they'll realize it was Mystique
    Yeah, wouldn't be in the least shocking
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Which was stuff Guggs had to share with another writer.
    As I understand it, Thompson doctored that part of the script.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Yeah, Gold has kind of fallen apart
    It has in-universe too. It started with six members. They lost Logan because of events in his solo book, so that sent them down to five. When the rest of the team went to jail, a new seven member team showed up, creating a new team of 12. That immediately deteriorated. The team was Kitty, Storm, Rachel, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Rogue, Gambit, Ink, Magik, Pyro, Iceman, Armor. But Colossus left and joined Astonishing. Rogue and Gambit went off on honeymoon. Magik left to reform the New Mutants. Rachel's been benched because of Mesmero (see Extermination for the resolution to that one, as Mesmero isn't to blame for what's wrong with her). Iceman has a personal mission (his upcoming solo mini). That leaves Kitty, Storm, and Nightcrawler from the original team, and Ink, Pyro, and Armor from the extended one. Storm wasn't wrong when she said Kitty couldn't spare anyone.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Romy Ship View Post
    I agree with this so much. Honestly I didn't read Gold but issue #30 certainly brought me back into investing in comics again. I said I felt kinda bad for Kitty and Colossus fans however I'm starting to get the feeling there aren't too many of those... *insert looks around emoji*
    Not many kiotr shippers here, there’s a livejournal community that is active at times but it isn’t huge. I like to think it’s because Kiotr shippers don’t trash every other ship of Kitty’s that we just aren’t that vocal, but who knowe. I don’t think it’s many people’s “OTP” really, and while some might be okay with it and like it, there’s a ship they like more.

After all, it was decades between Claremont and Whedon, and then several years between the breakup of colossonaut and the start of gold. Ultimately it’s hard to stay loyal to a ship that is so poorly treated by the very writers.

Did Kitty develop some level of super strength or something?

How is her punches and kicks really going to do anything against guys in suits of armor? I get her phasing can disrupt tech but I really don't see her knocking those guys around so easily.

Edit: Just notice that she is mostly phasing through them nvm. It was hard to tell at first glance.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Did Kitty develop some level of super strength or something?

How is her punches and kicks really going to do anything against guys in suits of armor? I get her phasing can disrupt tech but I really don't see her knocking those guys around so easily.

Edit: Just notice that she is mostly phasing through them nvm. It was hard to tell at first glance.
    How dare you question her ability to be every role of the X-Men at once.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    OMFG, did he actually have Kitty SAY "BTW?"

No. Just...no. That's up there with Hopeless having Laura say "BRB."
    They're like 19-22 year old American girls. It's not that far-fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    How dare you question her ability to be every role of the X-Men at once.
    Pretty soon kitty is going to be able to collect electrical charges as she phases through matter and be able to redirect it replacing storms role as lightning lass.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    Pretty soon kitty is going to be able to collect electrical charges as she phases through matter and be able to redirect it replacing storms role as lightning lass.
    *Shudders* So glad Guggs is leaving before that happens.