Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I really wish they'd cut out that whole "to me my X-Men" bit...
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Just remember that every character in Marvel used to give oral presentations on what they were doing as they did it.
    Then a little "To me, my X-Men" doesn't seem so out of place.
    It was an awkward line for sure. Perhaps it was intentional and Jean was trying to be "cute". I find it funny that she seemed surprised to see Storm but Storm was with her when she was using cerebro and discovered Cassandra. Right or no?

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The art is serviceable but a downgrade from Asrar. I think the colorist may be the issue as its a bit too saturated to me

Jean saying "to me my X-men" was dumb considering it was just two and that line seemed out of place and reaked of a nostalgia nod
    I think the art is fine and actually better than the dead-eye we had prior. I do think the new artist is mimicking Asrar because her other projects have cleaner lines than this. I will agree that it may be the colorist. Never been to my liking. Looks muddy and darker than it has to be.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

This made me laugh out loud!
    aghhh.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Fantastic Member

the preview pages are in CMYK format which is why it's too saturated.

BANNED

Goldballs is pretty much a refugee from the Silver Age as it is.

Ah Gambit. Always the cool uncle of the X-Men.

Astonishing Member

Ehh not the best preview. Tbh I was hoping for a more Storm focused preview since she's on the cover.

Hahaha nice.

Yeah the whole "To me, my X-Men" thing is very Avengers-esk. Didn't Kitty do the same thing in a Gold issue too? I'm not super into catch phrases or battle cries, but eh.

I DID love Gambit giving Gabby a little apprenticeship in thievery 101 though. Two characters I thoroughly enjoy who rarely have gotten to interact. Should be a good issue!

At this point everyone has already said it, but the constant use of the catchphrase is going to result in diminishing returns. I'm already just shrugging my shoulders when I read it, instead of the desired "Yes, now they're kicking it into high-gear!"; the artwork is pretty good, not a significant drop or rise for me. The pacing is still killing me.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Ehh not the best preview. Tbh I was hoping for a more Storm focused preview since she's on the cover.
    Only Jean can do important stuff in this book.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

This looks like it'll deliver. It'll be great to actually see the X-Men in action. I wonder how they'll deal with Teen Abombination.

Gabby's interactions with the rest of the cast is cute here. Good ol' Remy teaching the youth how to steal things.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    The covers for the series have all just shown one character, and they haven't always been the focus of the issue. Besides, who's to say she doesn't have a bigger role in the pages we haven't seen...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    the preview pages are in CMYK format which is why it's too saturated.
    Technically, it was in CMYK when it was uploaded and then was 'converted' to RGB on the website and the conversation was terrible. So the moral of the story, always convert it first. *art nerd mode over*

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I really wish they'd cut out that whole "to me my X-Men" bit...
    Yeah, I agree. It always seems tacked on and out of place
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Only Jean can do important stuff in this book.
    I'm not complaining too much about that she has been dead for over a decade I see it more as a catching up on Lost Time lol still I wish there was a bit more of an even focus. I mean just look at Extermination #1 Brisson had a cast over 10 characters and managed to give almost all of them meaningful dialogue and moments with in the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post

The covers for the series have all just shown one character, and they haven't always been the focus of the issue. Besides, who's to say she doesn't have a bigger role in the pages we haven't seen...
    Hopefully lol I'm just starved for some Jean/Storm interaction and the glacial pacing of this series isn't helping much either.