Default scaling Thanos with prep time

What the worst thing Thanos can take down when he's busting his tail with prep time? I know in the comics Odin has beaten him, but I know between different versions of the character, the fact that different people have made their own version of the character/different continuities, makes me also wonder what versions are the best, and the worst versions of the character as well.
    Last edited by Kirika; 08-16-2018 at 04:32 PM.

It varies wildly. Thanos with prep time often does things like go on extended quests for cosmic power sources and all.

Limited instead to his own capacity, I mean, he did do things like make that ridiculous group of clones of himself of varying levels of power. Then again they turned on him.. so that was perhaps not exactly his greatest achievement.

He can certainly do things with his own tech like upjump people into being class 100 bricks, he's built himself solidly powerful variants on his flying chair, planet killing bombs, what all have you.

Limited instead to his own capacity, I mean, he did do things like make that ridiculous group of clones of himself of varying levels of power. Then again they turned on him.. so that was perhaps not exactly his greatest achievement.
    How do you even clone Galactus? HOW?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    How do you even clone Galactus? HOW?
    An even MOAR POWRFUL Galactus at that.

Let's just all agree to ignore that particular feat shall we? :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    An even MOAR POWRFUL Galactus at that.

Let's just all agree to ignore that particular feat shall we? :P
    It was, by his own admission, a deeply, systemically flawed Galactus.

I mean, Thanos, he's a legit supergenius, and in Annihilation he basically turned Galactus into a cosmic gun/energy conversion device given enough time to work on him.

I can mostly buy it thereby, with those qualifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post

I mean, Thanos, he's a legit supergenius, and in Annihilation he basically turned Galactus into a cosmic gun/energy conversion device given enough time to work on him.

How legit is anything he ever did to Galactus?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    How legit is anything he ever did to Galactus?
    What has he done? There was that time he tried to attack G's mind but was forced out. There was the other time he knocked his helmet off but then was like "that won't last, my might is liliputian in comparison". Moments after, G did him up worse than his whole Odin fight did in one shot despite a forcefield.

Anything else?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

What has he done? There was that time he tried to attack G's mind but was forced out. There was the other time he knocked his helmet off but then was like "that won't last, my might is liliputian in comparison". Moments after, G did him up worse than his whole Odin fight did in one shot despite a forcefield.

Anything else?
    Is there anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post

The part that irked me was his claim that the clone might be /more/ powerful. Bizarro clone or not.

I'm not arguing he isnt a super genius. He is in fact brilliant. But force feeding a coma patient sounds simpler than cloning one. :P
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    Is there anything else?
    I was asking you haha

I mean... future Thanos blew off G's head in one blast. But... that whole sequence was odd.
    - big_adventure

The whole future Thanos thing feels like a weird joke to me.

BANNED

I am Thanos. my name means death.
    actually the name means immortality in Greek.

Anything else?
    Didn't he try to absorb him one time or something?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Didn't he try to absorb him one time or something?
    You're misremembering a very gross telepathic incident that is best not spoken of further.