Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    An aminated movie is reported to be in the works.
    Oh nice.

See people? Ask and you shall receive lol.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    Jackie Earle Haley in a Bad New bears sequel would be cool.
    I recently watched LITTLE CHILDREN (2006) and when I checked IMDb to see what else Jackie Earle Haley had been in, I was surprised to find he was one of the four Cutters in BREAKING AWAY (1979)--wow, what a change! But there was something a little bit off about Moocher, even back then. I absolutely loved BREAKING AWAY when it came out in 1979 and I identified with the four Cutters, went to see that movie several times when it was in the theatre. It would be wonderful to get a sequel, with the original four actors now--Dennis Christopher, Dennis Quaid, Daniel Stern and Jackie Earle Haley. Unfortunately the director, Peter Yates, and the writer, Steve Tesich, have both passed away--but maybe someone else could pick up this vehicle and carry it over the finish line.

BANNED

I was looking forward to a sequel for Edge of Tomorrow. Until I saw Mission Impossible -Fallout. A sequel to Inception would be great, but I am not sure it would happen.

Get Smarter.

Green Lantern
    A-Team
    Get Smart
    Sky Captain & The World Of Tomorrow
    Dick Tracy
    Renaissance
    Nightbreed

Retired

Don Adams passed away in 2005 and Barbara Feldon is now 85 years old (a fact that shocks me). How would a GET SMART sequel even be possible? No one could possibly replace them, so I fail to see how it could be done--other than pasting together a movie from the TV show clips and adding in some CGI.

DICK TRACY would also be difficult with Beatty now 81. And Glenne Headly sadly passed away last year.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Don Adams passed away in 2005 and Barbara Feldon is now 85 years old (a fact that shocks me). How would a GET SMART sequel even be possible? No one could possibly replace them, so I fail to see how it could be done--other than pasting together a movie from the TV show clips and adding in some CGI.
    Maybe he's talking about the 2008 movie with Steve Carell.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Maybe he's talking about the 2008 movie with Steve Carell.
    Yeah I was. I think Jim was trying to be funny.

Retired

I honestly wasn't sure what people meant by asking for more Maxwell Smart. Did they mean the original, the reboot (never saw it) or another reboot of the original? And would that be a sequel? As for DICK TRACY, I don't know of any Tracy movie other than the Beatty one and the old serials. I mean there are movies that could have had a sequel at the time that you might want to have had back then, but if this thread is about movies that would come out in 2018 then even SKY CAPTAIN would be a poor prospect now, so much time having passed. Yet if they can keep reviving Indiana Jones, who am I to judge.

Astonishing Member

Battleship - however, with the Iowa class in a configuration with its last combat configuration with the Tomahawks and Harpoons, full compliment of crew, even the 9 nuke 16 inch rounds that they could carry. A real ship to alien ship sea battle. Throw in some modern Arleigh Burke's and Atago ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I honestly wasn't sure what people meant by asking for more Maxwell Smart. Did they mean the original, the reboot (never saw it) or another reboot of the original? And would that be a sequel? As for DICK TRACY, I don't know of any Tracy movie other than the Beatty one and the old serials. I mean there are movies that could have had a sequel at the time that you might want to have had back then, but if this thread is about movies that would come out in 2018 then even SKY CAPTAIN would be a poor prospect now, so much time having passed. Yet if they can keep reviving Indiana Jones, who am I to judge.
    There was talk about a reboot of Dick Tracy with new actors but no new developments. Sky Captain has been an overlooked gem and had loads of potential. The Get Smart movie from 2008 with Steve Carrell was pretty good. He brought a similar vibe and essence Don Adams had. Forgot how the movie did at the time. Movies that could've gotten sequels but the boat sailed alas.

The conclusion of the Eddie & the Cruisers movies. There was suppose to be a third one with his band and the world dealing with the revelation he is alive.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

John Carter (of Mars)
    Jack Reacher
    Solomon Kane

Man of Steel 2.

A solo Superman sequel not Superman + Batman and Wonder Woman..

Also, I wanted to see a sequel to WE ARE THE MILLERS. That comedy with Jennifer Aniston from a few years ago. I think a sequel with those characters could work. I really feel like it has potential.

Invincible Member

Not that I need it, but I'm a little surprised that there was never a sequel to Tango and Cash. I know there was some behind the scenes conflict during the making of the film, but it found an audience. A remake wouldn't be unreasonable.